PDA

View Full Version : Your stuff, my stuff, their stuff

Anne
03-28-2007, 06:15 PM
There will be a rather large area we will call home in the autograph hall called volunteer headquarters. There will be room in this area for you to stash whatever it is you absolutely must bring with you to your shift. But, folks, there will be at least 120 of you working at one time and that could result in lost stuff. So I would advise that you bring only yourselves to the hall when you report for duty. Someone like myself or other trusted beings will always be at this booth to look after whatever is back there, but we can't be responsible for lost vinyl-caped Jawas and such.

Jentau
03-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Jawas are always getting lost anyway! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JediFrances
03-29-2007, 10:36 AM
This might be a dorky question because you said something about "just bringing yourself" for your shift, but can we bring bottled water or a snack or something? I know I'm gonna need a potty break or some water or something while I'm there.

Geo_Nauj
03-29-2007, 11:15 AM
I know that I will have t go to the bathroom because I would be so excited but I do not think I would want to eat because I would not want to miss a minute. After your comment I might see if I can build a water bottle carrier on my Jedi belt. Thanks for that comment.

Anne
03-29-2007, 11:45 AM
No food! No potty! Work, work, work only!!!!! Ha HA! Just kidding.

Sure you can bring in water and snacks and things that you need to survive! There are bathrooms in the hall and there will be floating volunteers to replace those that need to take a potty break. I just don't want you shopping in the exhibit hall and bringing in all your bags and such. Exceptions are always the rule, but if all of us did this we'd be buried in stuff.

JediMasterRainer
03-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Anne, will it be okay to wear a fanny pack (actually, more like a belly pack, I wear it in front)? I love wearing them at cons and theme parks--keeps my hands free for so many other things and yet I can have small items handy at all times.

Anne
03-29-2007, 06:38 PM
yeah, fanny/belly packs are OK. No big back packs though.

Aria
03-29-2007, 11:44 PM
With this whole thing about water and food, wow...I think I'm bringing my camelbak.

Aria
03-30-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm hoping that there will be lockers at the convention center like the one in Indy had. That way, we can stuff our 'shopping' away throughout the day. I liked not having to carry bags of stuff all day, and just pick everything up to take back to the room at the end of the day.

JediFrances
03-30-2007, 10:06 AM
yeah, fanny/belly packs are OK. No big back packs though.

What about a "small backpack" or a purse to hold my wallet, phone, camera...stuff like that....and my H20 and snack? I know you don't want us lugging a bunch of junk all over when we should be working but I really don't want to leave my stuff like that in some random room. Would a purse or a small backpack be alright?

Anne
03-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Volunteer headquarters will not be a random room, but a staffed area. I'd say something small like that is fine, but if you find that it's a pain to have on you while you work you can leave it at volunteer headquarters. I understand the need.

psxjedi76
03-30-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm hoping that there will be lockers at the convention center like the one in Indy had. That way, we can stuff our 'shopping' away throughout the day. I liked not having to carry bags of stuff all day, and just pick everything up to take back to the room at the end of the day.

Last time i was there, I did not see any lockers avaible I am sure they do not have them. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Valeda_Kor
03-30-2007, 12:02 PM

Last time i was there, I did not see any lockers avaible I am sure they do not have them. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

psxjedi76 is correct. There are no lockers at the L.A. CC.

Aria
03-31-2007, 03:44 AM
Thank you for that Info. I will have to plan accordingly.
I hope it doesn't rain. :P

jkbobcat
04-02-2007, 02:23 PM
are we permitted to leave the convention center and re-enter? I know some events are real touchy with that. I just want to know if its possible to go back to the car to get a backback or what not after my shift is done for the day and not have any issues getting back into the convention center.

Anne
04-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, totally. You can come and go from the convention as much as you want.

Ob177
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi Anne,
Will there be a microwave we can use? I will be bringing my lunch and I just wanted to know if I could heat it up.
Thanks

Anne
04-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't count on it. There may be a concession in our area, if not the exhibitor area which may be able to accommodate you.

wvstarwarsfan
04-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Anne, will the volunteer headquarters have lockers or will it just be tossing your stuff in a corner type set up?

Anne
04-09-2007, 05:11 PM
No lockers, just toss in the corner. That's why I encourage you not to bring stuff. Although I understand that might not be possible.

leia214
04-10-2007, 08:31 AM
There will be bag check areas at LACC - not as secure as lockers but convenient at least.

wvstarwarsfan
04-12-2007, 05:54 PM
ok, So that everyone knows. My stuff will be in the Celebrations 4 bag. It will have four of each figure in it, and a few other exclusives. So if you see "my" bag laying around...please return it to me...LOL http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

leia214
04-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Anne - I have just found out from another volunteer board (501st, RL) there will be changing rooms for people with VOLUNTEER badges. So if we are doing crowd control in costume, will we also have access to these rooms for changing?

Anne
04-28-2007, 12:03 PM
I have no idea. If you're a member of the 501st or RL maybe you can, ask your legion leaders.

djknopp
04-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Suggestion,I am going to buy all exclusive stuff Thursday and go straight to USP and ship home.I know what I have dont need to pack it all weekend.

leia214
04-28-2007, 05:49 PM
I have no idea. If you're a member of the 501st or RL maybe you can, ask your legion leaders.

I got a mixed response - they keep saying it's for GenCon volunteers but said the rooms will be available with a volunteer badge so . . .

Guess I will try to check it out on the first day when I am not in costume before schlepping my armor bin there!

Thanks!

jade5233
05-08-2007, 09:54 AM
What we were told by 501st was that there are going to be different Volunteer badges for OPX and for GenCon Volunteers.
Is that true? We're volunteering for BOTH. We obviously can't have both badges.

But the GenCon Volunteers working 20 hours would have access to the changing rooms. The OPX volunteers working 20 hours or more might have access.

Its all so confusing. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DarthDaner
05-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Not sure where to post this inquiry, but has there been any more word on whether or not OPX volunteers will be allowed into a special line for the shop?

Anne
05-08-2007, 01:44 PM
If they have a line for those with volunteer badges, then yes.

DarthDaner
05-08-2007, 02:02 PM
LOL...makes sense!

jade5233
05-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Anne: we were told by 501st was that the Volunteer badges for OPX and for GenCon Volunteers were going to be different from each other.

pumpkinking
05-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Im still having a hard time finding a safe place to store my stuff the last day of the show.Dose anyone have any ideas on what to do?? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tom_Wesell
05-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Ya. same here. I don't want to have to go back to the Hotel before each shift to drop off my stuff, then go back after the shift is over. This would waste a lot of time. I find it weird that the convention center does not have lockers. It was great that Indy had them.

Im still having a hard time finding a safe place to store my stuff the last day of the show.Dose anyone have any ideas on what to do?? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dark_Elling
05-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Anne: we were told by 501st was that the Volunteer badges for OPX and for GenCon Volunteers were going to be different from each other.

At C3 I thought that the Gen Con people had Associate Badges and OPX had Volunteer Badges. If true, and if they do that again, it is possible that the Associate badges may get you in early/easier.