PDA

View Full Version : NEW BOUNTY HUNTER BUST-UPS SET FROM ESB

dean
02-02-2006, 08:21 AM
This new BUST-UPS BOXED SET contains the galaxy’s most notorious Scum and Villainy from the “Empire Strikes Back” movie. The set contains one each of: Boba Fett, IG-88, BOSSK, ZUCCUS, DENGAR, 4-LOM AND DARTH VADER.

http://www.gianttoys.co.uk/bu.jpg

Pellaeon
02-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Now only if this were a mini bust announcement I would be on cloud 9!

Forhekset
02-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Now only if this were a mini bust announcement I would be on cloud 9!

No kidding. But if the bust-ups are packaged in a nice window box, this could be a cool little set...I might pick one up if that's the case.

HinekenSkywalker
02-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Nice idea, but kind of a rip-off. Four of those have been released before and the Vader is just the recent Hoth set version with a different base. The Fett is just a new version of a character we've already bought. Only the IG-88 is a brand new character.
Frankly, this is what the Bounty Hunters wave should've been in the first place.

CaptainCargo
02-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Just don't tell me I have to buy a whole set of these to get the IG88...(I guess the Fett and Vader would be ok too), but I don't really need doubles of the rest...

DKH
02-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Looks to me like GG is suffering from Rehashbroitus. Maybe they caught it from them at one of the conventions. I do recall one of them was sick at Celebration 3 - hmmmmmm.

Gsr0jedi
02-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Just don't tell me I have to buy a whole set of these to get the IG88...(I guess the Fett and Vader would be ok too), but I don't really need doubles of the rest...

same here, but I do want the Fett & Vader

dean
02-02-2006, 10:33 AM

I think the USA retail of these will be around $30 as the UK retail is Ł24.99.

Big_Matt
02-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Unless the Zuckuss, 4LOM, and Dengar sculpts differ from series 3 in any way, half of this set is a waste of money.

chicanodom
02-02-2006, 11:05 AM
It appears that the 4-LOM, Bossk, Dengar and Zuckuss are all from the previous series 3 line. Only the Vader, IG-88 and Boba Fett are worth your efforts. I am sure however, that there will be a "chase" figure thrown in there for added headaches and emptier wallets. Anyone know if this will be series 7 or if it will be some online exclusive where you have to buy the whole set? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Rod
02-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Lucky for me, I don't have the Bounty Hunters yet.....might get them...we'll have to see.....

TA2215
02-02-2006, 11:32 AM
The only one I care about is IG-88 since I already have one of each of this series.

http://www.tk2215.com/gentlegiant/gg_bustups_5_low.jpg

Wooktroop
02-02-2006, 11:32 AM
man GG keeps pumping these out and fast
wont be long they wuill break the 100 mark

jediriccan
02-02-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm in the same boat. The only ones that interest me are Boba, IG, and possibly Vader. This is one set I would have a heck of a time deciding if I would actually get due to rehashes....

HinekenSkywalker
02-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Unless the Zuckuss, 4LOM, and Dengar sculpts differ from series 3 in any way, half of this set is a waste of money.

You forgot Bossk. He's also the same as the previous one.

Big_Matt
02-02-2006, 12:28 PM
You forgot Bossk. He's also the same as the previous one.

Thanks for reminding me! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I really hope that these are only prototype pictures. For GG to just throw these previously used sculpts out there would put them in the same category as Hasbro, and would like to believe that they are above that!

karnorjax
02-02-2006, 06:30 PM
ok so its a rehash set

thefett and IG are new but look like shruken versions of the GG mini busts

the vader has a new base but is the same as the HOTH wave one

but gonna have to get it to have the new Fett !

NS_Stormtrooper
02-02-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm really looking forward to the new Fett, IG-88, and even the reworked Vader. I'm guessing this will more than likely be exclusive to StarWarsShop.com or some other internet retailers so it'll probably end up being $37 after shipping.

I doubt there will be a chase Bust-up since this isn't an "army-builder" set and half of the set is just rehashes. I spent a lot of money on the Clonetrooper 4-packs, there's no way I'm buying more than one of these sets if there is a chase Bust-up.

A little off topic but didn't Gentle Giant say they were going to debut Bust-up Series 7 at Toy Fair? I'm hoping for a Jabba's Palace set.

Big_Matt
02-02-2006, 10:39 PM
A little off topic but didn't Gentle Giant say they were going to debut Bust-up Series 7 at Toy Fair? I'm hoping for a Jabba's Palace set.

I'm thinking that this is it!

JesseVader08
02-02-2006, 11:06 PM
This new BUST-UPS BOXED SET contains the galaxy’s most notorious Scum and Villainy from the “Empire Strikes Back” movie. The set contains one each of: Boba Fett, IG-88, BOSSK, ZUCCUS, DENGAR, 4-LOM AND DARTH VADER.

http://www.gianttoys.co.uk/bu.jpg

I don't suppose you have a link for this, do you? I checked out gianttoys.co.uk (the source of the pic), but I can't find anything listed over there.

Nik
02-03-2006, 03:16 AM
Dean runs gianttoys. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dean
02-03-2006, 06:40 AM
Dean runs gianttoys. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ran giant toys!!, i've given it up and i'm just completing outstanding orders now.

Forhekset
02-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Looks to me like GG is suffering from Rehashbroitus. Maybe they caught it from them at one of the conventions. I do recall one of them was sick at Celebration 3 - hmmmmmm.

They've been suffering from Rehashblow-itis for a while, haven't they? E.G., all the chrome busts/statues, repainted Clones, etc. Looks like with the bust-ups they're moving onto the tried-and-true Hasbro business plan of "repackage the same crap in a fancy new box set".

That being said, this is still a neat set for those who don't collect bust-ups, like me.

Nik
02-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Oh no! Why? Any surplus stock you'll be looking to get rid off...? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, sad to hear it. Although I never ordered off you it was mostly because I haven't bought anything from GG for a long while, but I was planning on placing any upcoming orders your way.

nagauthier
02-03-2006, 11:49 AM
This seriously sucks. I haven't been too concerned with getting all the variants in the bust-ups line, but I do like having one of each character. IG-88 will now join Gree on the short list of stuff my collection is missing.

brand4D2
02-03-2006, 12:06 PM
i'll wait to find out the price of this set before deciding on whether to get it. i really want that IG 88 and i never picked up a dengar or a hoth vader

Tig_Fromm
02-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Vader looks horrible. The helmet is tiny. Bust ups are cool for kids, but I'll pass.

Big_Matt
02-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Another thing that could be good or bad, depending on your perspective, is that those who had trouble finding Dengar in series 3, or even wound up paying a little more for him, as he only came one to a case, may feel kind of screwed over, as they may now be easy to come by, depending upon how the case is borken down.

reeseslover
02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
any guesses when this one will be hitting stores?

Big_Matt
02-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Series 6, which is the ANH Cantina set, is scheduled for May, which means that this set will probably be released around August. However, they sometimes release the bust-ups earlier than expected (Series 5 was originally slated for February, and showed up in early December), so it might come out sooner than you think.

MarleyEds
02-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Sigh....just when GG does something good for collectors (Hoth Ice Pack), it appears they follow it up with a kick to the chachkis! Hopefully the 3 new bust-ups will be available individually.

darthfloyd
02-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Unfortunately, I already got Bossk and Zuckuss...fortunately, I wanted the rest of the set, and had gotten those two on clearance, so 5 bucks lost isn't too bad.

ECHO_3
02-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Since I only have 4-lom and Boosk, This may be something I might get.

Ulan_Aruk
02-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Keep in mind that GG has to look at constantly introducing their product for the first time to people who may not have been aware of it before. This is a nice 'catch-up' set for a lot of people. When I do shows, the number one and two Bust-ups I get asked for are Boba and Dengar. While I'm not crazy about this many repeats in my own collection, they've created a great set for new collectors to jump on with (and new collectors help grow the line, which helps it survive) and it gives us just enough incentive to overcome our whining and pony up for the set.

At least I know I will. And I'll give the dups to my nephew and he'll think I'm a hero.

NOTE: The previous statement may be the most unbiased, intelligent thing I've ever posted here.

Forhekset
02-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Keep in mind that GG has to look at constantly introducing their product for the first time to people who may not have been aware of it before. This is a nice 'catch-up' set for a lot of people. When I do shows, the number one and two Bust-ups I get asked for are Boba and Dengar. While I'm not crazy about this many repeats in my own collection, they've created a great set for new collectors to jump on with (and new collectors help grow the line, which helps it survive) and it gives us just enough incentive to overcome our whining and pony up for the set.

At least I know I will. And I'll give the dups to my nephew and he'll think I'm a hero.

NOTE: The previous statement may be the most unbiased, intelligent thing I've ever posted here.

I gotta say, that was a pretty level-headed comment. That's kinda what I was getting at with my last post - longtime bust-up collectors will roll their eyes at this set, but for people who don't yet collect the line, this is an attractive set, especially if it comes in a nice window box or something like that.

I hate rehashes as much as the next guy, but at least this isn't a chrome or "invisible" set of bust-ups. Those are the kind of rehashes that really drive me up the wall.

FU_obiwan
02-04-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm a long time bust-ups collector and GG ***** so I'm gonna get it however the fett in the pics looks kinda odd to me

HinekenSkywalker
02-04-2006, 05:13 PM
This is a nice 'catch-up' set for a lot of people. While I'm not crazy about this many repeats in my own collection, they've created a great set for new collectors to jump on with...

While I agree that it's a great set for people who have never bought Bust-ups before, I can't help but feel that long-time collectors are getting the shaft. I'd like the option to buy IG-88, Fett and Vader on their own, without having to get stuck with four doubles. All of us don't have nephews we can give our repeats to. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ILuvToyz
02-05-2006, 02:57 AM
Will these be available in the US

NS_Stormtrooper
02-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Will these be available in the US

Nothing official, but I'm pretty sure they'll be available here in the States. Since it's supposed to be a boxed set, they'll probably be exclusive to StarWarsShop.com or other internet retailers.

drmdns
02-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Anyone with an extra MIB set PM me please. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

karnorjax
02-05-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm a long time bust-ups collector and GG ***** so I'm gonna get it however the fett in the pics looks kinda odd to me

the Fett is the Minibust they did a few years back and yes the BU pic does look odd cos the head isnt on right if you ask me.