PDA

View Full Version : Hoth Bust-Ups Series 5

Rod
12-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Since there is not an actual thread dedicated to this I thought I could start one to ask this.

Anybody bought a case?

I was wondering how many of each are in each case?

Rod

FU_obiwan
12-25-2005, 08:41 PM
I got a case Rod but it's still sitting @ UPS til tuesday I'll msg you on here or on TSWCG andtell you about it.

Rod
12-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Hey, when you open it, pay attention of the location of each bust in the case.

I was wondeirng if the case has 18 busts, if you'd get two regular sets and one chase set....

We'll see....

FU_obiwan
12-25-2005, 10:47 PM
ok I'll mark them the way they are in the case and break them down

Big_Matt
12-26-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm pretty sure that you are only guaranteed to get one complete regular set. I actually opened the case at the place I bought them from the other day, and I only got one full regular set and 2 Ice Variants (Vader and AT-AT driver)

FU_obiwan
12-26-2005, 11:31 AM
your such a a debbie downer http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

lukebaggins
12-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I got a Luke and Wampa today from Sam Goody and they both came completly blue (the color of the ice base). Is this a rare mis-print or should I just return them?

JaundiceFett
12-26-2005, 05:11 PM
They are just the variant version. Not terribly rare. I think they are 2-3 per case or something close to that. I actually got 4 of these today, and my Luke was the clear ice variant. I want the reg instead, so if anyone has an extra one and wants the ice variant, I would happily make a trade.

lukebaggins
12-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Why would they make a clear ice variant? IMO they look ugly.

JaundiceFett
12-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Because it's a cheap way for them to create hype and cause more diehard collectors to "chase" after them. Since they are packed very few to a case, a lot of collectors will buy whole cases trying to get them. Plain and simple, it is more sales for Gentle Giant.

I agree that they are kind of ugly, but it has been well established that there are some real compulsive SW collectors, ones who just have to acquire every single item there is. Some would run out in search of a pile of dog poo if it was sculpted to look like Boba Fett.

Think about a lot of the other chase/exclusive figures the last year or so. Lava Vader, Holo Yoda, Holo Emperor, Holo Leia, etc.- They are all pretty lame to me just taken by themselves, but the "limited" aspect of them is really what works people into a frenzy over them.

gimmewankentobi
12-26-2005, 07:46 PM
I know it may sound weird, but I like the clear plastic variants of the Bust Ups. I'd love to trade Lukes with you. I picked up the At-At driver variant via luck yesterday. I have the Sith Blue Holos and the amber Chewbacca. I think they look neat, but I do NOT like the "chase" aspect of them. I'll buy each Bust Up as I see fit, and if it's a variant, great. If not, maybe I can trade around. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JaundiceFett
12-26-2005, 08:10 PM
I just replied to your PM, gimme. I am glad you like the ice ones, as it looks like we can help each other out. To each their own, we all like different stuff.

Pellaeon
12-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Fellas, where are you finding these bust-ups? I went to Suncoast and they told me they couldnt put them out do to a street date? I was pretty surprised to hear that.

lukebaggins
12-27-2005, 11:07 AM
The hoth series I found at Sam Goody. I've also found bust-ups at hot topic.

Hotshott
12-27-2005, 11:42 AM
I grabbed the whole Hoth set today at Sam Goody also, got all 6 regulars and one clear vader.

FU_obiwan
12-27-2005, 01:49 PM
hey if anyone is having trouble finding these I'm selling some in the Classifieds for 5 bucks a piece (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1584439&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1584439)

MLBFan24
12-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Got a Snowtrooper today, the only one I wanted

it was at Suncoast for $4.99

and I opened the box first to make sure I got a regular version, not the ice variant. I only opened one box, so don't kill me.