PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for future Bust-ups

NS_Stormtrooper
12-13-2005, 11:33 AM
We’ve done this type of thing for just about every product imagineable, but we haven’t done it for Bust-ups yet. Do you have any ideas for certain themes or individual Bust-ups you’d like to see Gentle Giant do in the future? Here’s one of my ideas:

Masters of Disguises Wave

1. Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise
2. Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise
3. Princess Leia in Boushh Disguise
4. Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise
5. Qui-Gon Jinn in Moisture Farmer Disguise
6. Queen Amidala in Handmaiden Disguise (Naboo Battle Gear)

Big_Matt
12-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Sounds good, but I've already made custom Bust-ups of Han and Luke in Stormtrooper gear (in addition to other custom bust-ups). I'd like to see Leia and Lando as part of some kind of Jabba's palace theme.

MarleyEds
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Jedi Wave:
Aayla Secura
Sae See Tiin
Plo Koon
Bariss Offee
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto
Lumninara Unduli
Ki Adi Mundi

Jabbas Palace Wave:
Slave Leia
Yak Face
Oola
Amanaman
Gamorrean Guard
Bib Fortuna
Ree Yees

* exclusive Max Rebo 3 pack (Max, Sy, and Droopy)

NS_Stormtrooper
12-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Jabbas Palace Wave:
Slave Leia
Yak Face
Oola
Amanaman
Gamorrean Guard
Bib Fortuna
Ree Yees

Maybe Gentle Giant could do an exclusive Deluxe Jabba the Hutt Bust-up too!

Big_Matt
12-14-2005, 10:28 AM
If they're doing the Wampa in the Hoth wave, size doesn't seem to be an obstacle, so we'll probably see a Jabba

NS_Stormtrooper
12-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Maybe, I guess it'll depend on the pose and how Gentle Giant breaks the parts down. The head and arms should be able to fit into a standard Bust-ups box but the torso section might flare out too much. Maybe they could take a page from the Marvel Legends playbook and include a piece of Jabba in each of the other Jabba's Palace figures.

Sentinel
12-15-2005, 05:39 PM
I would like to see a Clone Commander Wave. This may sound absurb, but a Commander Cody bust would be a must-have. Also along with that: Commander Fox, Commander Neyo, Commander Bacara, Commander Thire, Commander Gree. Just to name a few.

Big_Matt
12-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Sounds nice, but it defeats the purpose of making Gree the chase figure in the 4-pack - but since i'm probably not going to get one, I really don't mind!

TripleHHH
12-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Something I think would be great is some imperial officers in bust up and mini bust scale, like Captain Needa, Admirial Ozzel, and General Veers in battle armor!!

NS_Stormtrooper
12-15-2005, 06:09 PM
A Bust-up Tarkin in the same sculpt as the mini-bust Tarkin would be a cool addition to an Imperial Officer wave.

Big_Matt
12-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I'd like to see a droids wave, with a TPM version of C-3PO, some sort of R2-D2, 8D8, 2-1B, and maybe some battle droids

NS_Stormtrooper
12-15-2005, 06:31 PM
And IG-88 since he was missing from the Series 3 Bounty Hunters wave. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FU_obiwan
12-15-2005, 07:26 PM
maybe a jedi series with aayla and kit and some others

Sentinel
12-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Agreed with almsot everybody.

NS_Stormtrooper
12-21-2005, 10:50 AM
How about a ”Get Off My Back!” wave?

1. Dagobah Luke with Yoda on his back
2. Chewbacca with dismantled C-3PO on his back
3. Biker Scout with raging Ewok on his back
4. C-3PO with eye-pecking Salacious Crumb on his back
5. Boba Fett wrapped with a Sarlaac Tentacle
6. Luke Stormtrooper wrapped with a Dianoga Tentacle

Chase: ROTS Chewbacca with fleeing Yoda on his back

Sentinel
12-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Yeah, that would be funny, but GG is probably thinking about how many people would buy it...not just you and me.

Big_Matt
12-21-2005, 11:45 AM
How about a ”Get Off My Back!” wave?

1. Dagobah Luke with Yoda on his back
2. Chewbacca with dismantled C-3PO on his back
3. Biker Scout with raging Ewok on his back
4. C-3PO with eye-pecking Salacious Crumb on his back
5. Boba Fett wrapped with a Sarlaac Tentacle
6. Luke Stormtrooper wrapped with a Dianoga Tentacle

Chase: ROTS Chewbacca with fleeing Yoda on his back

Great idea!!!

Dark_Jedi
12-21-2005, 01:24 PM
I think we need to see a OT Ben Kenobi!

Big_Matt
12-21-2005, 01:29 PM
There will be one in Series 6 - Mos Eisley Cantina

NS_Stormtrooper
12-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Since Gentle Giant has done some great maquettes from the animated Clone Wars Cartoon Series, how about some Clone Wars Bust-ups? GG could make a lot of charactors that we'll probably never see in the maquette line. I'd really like to see Bust-ups of the following secondary characters:

Shaak Ti
Ki Adi Mundi
Aayla Secura
Durge
Commander Cody
Roron Corob
Foul Mouda
Battle Droids
Obi-wan Kenobi in Clone Armor
Alien Gladiators

and many, many more!

Dark_Jedi
12-28-2005, 07:31 AM
Commander Wave:

Bly
Gree
Thire
Bacarra
Cody
Neyo

Dark_Jedi
12-28-2005, 07:32 AM
There will be one in Series 6 - Mos Eisley Cantina

Oops, how'd I forget that one? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eriktheduck
12-28-2005, 03:49 PM
I actually wouldn't mind a Phantom Menace themed wave. It could include Qui-Gon, Jar-Jar, Watto, Sebulba, Amidala, maybe Nute Gunrey.
Or a Battle of Geonosis wave. It could have Mace, battle droids, super battle droids, finally release the clone troopers, geonosian warriors, maybe some of the other jedi like Kit
A Cloud City set with Lando, Lobot, Leia, Ugnaughts, another Luke maybe, carbonite han?
An endor set with scout trooper, wicket and other ewoks, Jedi Luke, General Lando, Nien Nunb, Palpatine maybe
I'd also like to see just a general Tatooine wave. It could have "farmboy" luke, jawas, tusken raiders, sandtroopers, maybe slave anakin, r2-d2

I'm also all for including a piece of a bigger bust-up with each one in a wave. It's a smart strategy if you think about it. It'll help sell less popular characters like Dengar and Snaggletooth and at the same time allow for larger busts like Jabba, the Rancor, dewback, bantha, the dianoga or other possabilities.

Ulan_Aruk
12-28-2005, 07:39 PM
I think they need to take a page from the Simpsons Bust-Ups and get away from 'busts' and focus more on mini-dioramas. Not unlike the Tomy sets that came out in Japan.

Big_Matt
12-29-2005, 09:33 AM
I'm also all for including a piece of a bigger bust-up with each one in a wave. It's a smart strategy if you think about it. It'll help sell less popular characters like Dengar and Snaggletooth and at the same time allow for larger busts like Jabba, the Rancor, dewback, bantha, the dianoga or other possabilities.

If they could pack a Wampa into a Bust-ups box, they can do the same with just about any other one that you've mentioned. The problem with the "piece of a bigger bust-ups" idea is that it kind of adds to the frustration of the hunt for the short-packed bust-ups. Dengar, which you call a "Less popular character," was/is one of the highly sought after bust-ups, simply because he came one per case. I myself was only able to get him through a trade with a fellow scummer, because I couldn't find him at my usual stores, comic conventions, or even C3. Now just imagine not being able to locate that bust-up, and then not being able to complete another one because the piece you need is with the bust-up you can't find! It would drive me friggin nuts. Then you potentially set the stage for scalpers who will not only charge a premium for the short-packed bust-ups, but then bust open the box to sell the extra piece separately. I personally like the way that GG presently does these, and wouldn't change a thing (except for the 6 different variant crap that they pulled with series 5).

eriktheduck
12-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Are they still shortpacking? I thought they stopped after series 3. I've easily been able to find all of series 4 and 5. Who were the shortpacks in those series?

Big_Matt
12-29-2005, 10:47 AM
In series 4, Anakin was technically the shortpack - 2 per case (1 regular, 1 variant)

I'm not sure about 5, as I didn't really check out the case, just took what I needed.

chicanodom
01-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I think a Jedi wave should be top of the list. They should definitely have:

Kit Fisto
Plo Koon
Aayla Secura
Shaak Ti
Luminara Unduli
Barriss Offee
Mace Windu
Pablo Jill
and either Coleman Trebor, Ki Adi Mundi or Saesee Tiin

I also think there should be Jabba's Palace wave that besides what has been listed could include:

Ephant Mon
J'Quille
Tanus Spijek
and Pote Snitkin

Also another goo one that would do us justice would be a kind of Imperial wave with the likes of:

Scout Trooper
AT RT Driver
Death Star Gunner
Tie Fighter Pilot
Moff Tarkin

Nightwing
01-13-2006, 01:05 PM
I would love to see a rebel pilots wave

Luke
Wedge
Jek Porkins
Biggs
A-Wing Pilot
B-Wing Pilot

Chases could incude the regulars with thyeir helmets of - like the pose that the luke bust has, and chases with their helmets on

kizzy
01-14-2006, 03:48 AM
I would like a ROTJ wave:
Force spirit obi-wan
Force spirit Yoda
Force spirit anakin (both old version and new- maybe one could be a chase)
Vader without helmet
Luke in black clothing with lightsaber
lando calrissian (cos they haven't done him yet and they have a version of most of the other main characters)

Would also like episode 2 Ani and Padme

LINQ0311
01-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Jedi Wave:
Aayla Secura
Sae See Tiin
Plo Koon
Bariss Offee
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto
Lumninara Unduli
Ki Adi Mundi

Jabbas Palace Wave:
Slave Leia
Yak Face
Oola
Amanaman
Gamorrean Guard
Bib Fortuna
Ree Yees

GG should take all of these and make them mini busts, especially slave leia. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ripchord
04-24-2006, 07:02 PM
i really think that a naboo battle wave should come out.
personally, i would like to see it consist of

obi-wan
panaka
padme
battle droid
qui-gon
maul

i would also like to see an endor wave with
wicket
c-3po
jedi luke
palpatine
ewok dress leia
ackbar
pilot lando

Twin_Sunset
04-24-2006, 08:05 PM
<font color="brown"> padawan wave:

anakin AOTC
obi-wan TPM
barriss ofee
luke in dagobah training

and a few others. i'm not sure who, but i'm sure they could find one or two. maybe zett jusseka. or whatever his name was.</font> http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif