PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Jedi’ Force Link 3-Pack (Target)

GNT
08-31-2017, 08:50 PM
We'll be seeing a ROTJ 3pack featuring Luke Skywalker, The Emperor and an Emperor's Royal Guard:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4908/medium/ROTJ36.jpg
Thoughts on this pack?

Montross
08-31-2017, 08:58 PM
Fantastic looking set, it'll be worth it just for that amazing Emperor and the ERG!

Captain_Piet
08-31-2017, 09:02 PM
Tonight? Any idea how much?

Maverick10126
08-31-2017, 09:04 PM
November 1St according to yakface

Billy_Ray
08-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Not a 5POA guys, but this will be mine! Simply the best Emperor we have gotten like...ever.

Deak_Starkiller
08-31-2017, 09:06 PM
It's nice to have the unflapped Luke Jedi costume this time.

CptEks
09-01-2017, 02:42 AM
Really lovely set, too bad I need two of those royal guards :grin:

Btw, here is an image of the box, found on the website of German distributor HEO:

https://www.heomedia.com/img/nrm/x_hasc3197_a.jpg

Batman
09-01-2017, 02:47 AM
That guard is almost identical to the 2001 POTF one...

Idpullthecurtain
09-01-2017, 06:03 AM
That guard is almost identical to the 2001 POTF one...
It's actually REALLY different.

Idpullthecurtain
09-01-2017, 06:05 AM
Really lovely set, too bad I need two of those royal guards :grin:

Btw, here is an image of the box, found on the website of German distributor HEO:

https://www.heomedia.com/img/nrm/x_hasc3197_a.jpg

nice work. Hadn't seen it packaged yet. Am glad it isn't sold with the sound effects wrist thing. Good.

Nerfherder
09-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Wow.. best standing royal guard yet. Too bad it's in a 3-pack.

SaberSonic83
09-01-2017, 12:23 PM
I was looking all over for this set to find that Emperor, which looks incredible. I love the swappable hands as well, would love it if they lit up. Bummed we won't see it till November, but that is probably the nicest 5POA figure I've seen yet.

Agen_Kolar
09-01-2017, 01:13 PM
I need dis.

Idpullthecurtain
09-02-2017, 12:54 AM
this is a beautiful set. These are two much needed updates and they look fantastic. I hope this gets a release in the UK, but I don't like the chances.

Tyranusspotting
09-02-2017, 04:48 AM
Great set! I do still need the sitting Cinema Scene Emperor Palpatine on his throne, though.

Maverick10126
09-02-2017, 09:10 AM
Looks like a ball socket head on Luke. Might be a good opportunity for everyone using the lightsaber construction Luke to head swap.

sfx_5k
09-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Looks like a ball socket head on Luke. Might be a good opportunity for everyone using the lightsaber construction Luke to head swap.

I may try a head swap with a RO Stormtrooper to get a disguised Luke. Someone recently posted a group shot of all modern 5POA Lukes and the Saga Legends Stormie Luke looked too tall for my tastes.

Maverick10126
09-02-2017, 10:08 AM
I may try a head swap with a RO Stormtrooper to get a disguised Luke. Someone recently posted a group shot of all modern 5POA Lukes and the Saga Legends Stormie Luke looked too tall for my tastes.

Yeah he is too tall, but the RO body isn't any shorter.

If you want a shorter stormtrooper you gotta do some dremeling and re-assembling.

I'm thinking of trying this myself. Dremeling the belt off, putting a new one on and shortening the torso that way.

Masterfett
09-02-2017, 12:52 PM
I really only want the Emperor from this, the other two just aren't needed for my needs. The ERG is neat for that standing purpose, but not at the expense and effort it would take to get two of two or more. I'm content with the TBS ERG.

I do still need the sitting Cinema Scene Emperor Palpatine on his throne, though.
Same here!
And I'm guessing that set will contain Vader instead of Luke.

Maverick10126
09-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Great set! I do still need the sitting Cinema Scene Emperor Palpatine on his throne, though.

He's one of the last potf2 figures in my collection. Doubt he'll be replaced anytime soon.

Deak_Starkiller
09-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Only wishing now we should have gotten this as a Battle Pack with 2 guards instead. As a fifth figure, they could have made an Emperor's Wrath Vader.

RaptorBandito
09-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks to Yakface we have the UPC and DPCI codes for this set:

Return of the Jedi Battle 3pk (TARGET)
UPC: 630509602933
Target DPCI: 087-06-8394

I'll be keeping an eye on Brickseek to see when these are available in my stores.

Masterfett
09-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Not to steal anyone's thunder, but that info has been available on target's website for quite a while now.

King_Goji
09-07-2017, 05:46 PM
It's on their website, with an 11-1 date listed.

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-force-link-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-battle-3-pk/-/A-52281242#lnk=sametab

Idpullthecurtain
11-04-2017, 01:24 AM
​well there are some pics of the set on shelves. I really hope we get some loose pics soon, I’m sure we will. This is one set I’m looking forward to.

Jeremiah2849
11-04-2017, 05:39 AM
​well there are some pics of the set on shelves. I really hope we get some loose pics soon, Iím sure we will. This is one set Iím looking forward to.

I haven't seen these on the shelves anywhere. Has it actually come out yet?

DarthTyrannosaur
11-04-2017, 05:49 AM
Oooooo. That Palpatine looks really nice. I remember it being shown for Comic Con a bit ago, gotta say it looks nice. Love to add it to my little display shrine I have for Palpatine figures in my collection.

DSIILuke
11-04-2017, 05:14 PM
This has been the one item I’ve wanted most since revealed prior to force Friday. I’ve stalked the page since the 1st, and even hit two Target stores before work on the 1st, and only saw the tags on the shelf for it. Had an employee who was kind enough to check the stock room for me Inform me they weren’t anywhere in my area. I read the Target brickseek has been changed (or something to that effect) so the DPCI numbers all display out of stock. So if these are hitting, I’ve been unlucky this far. The product page listing changed from “Coming Soon” to “Unavailable/Out of Stock” so if anyone has seen it, let me know!

Nighthawk
11-05-2017, 05:54 PM
The Royal Guard is like two figures. If you remove the head, it is attached to the cloak so you can still stand him up. The body and legs will be left over and you can just pop a head on him and have another figure. His right hand is sculpted just like the 6" one.

Nighthawk
11-05-2017, 05:55 PM
The Royal Guard is like two figures. If you remove the head, it is attached to the cloak so you can still stand him up. The body and legs will be left over and you can just pop a head on him and have another figure. His right hand is sculpted just like the 6" one.

This not my picture but this is the royal guard.
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20477.0;attach=407 8;image

lordtyrannus
11-05-2017, 06:45 PM
If the head joint matches the VC one, I'll gladly pop the Royal Guard's head/cloak onto the VC figure for a perfect Royal Guard. The Emperor figure in this set is perfect, except for it being able to sit. Since I don't display figures sitting, he has every movie-accurate displayable option I'd ever want. I can't wait for this set to begin hitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick10126
11-05-2017, 06:50 PM
I think I'm the only one excited for the Luke in this set. I just need to figure out a good lower arm replacement. I'm already planning on replacing the legs with the rots palatine legs.

Faker
11-05-2017, 09:12 PM
I think I'm the only one excited for the Luke in this set. I just need to figure out a good lower arm replacement. I'm already planning on replacing the legs with the rots palatine legs.
I'm pretty stoked about the Luke too. I'm hoping that that pouch on the back of his belt doesn't stick out too far. I'd like to give him that cloth vest that came with an Endor Luke from some box set (can't remember which). Even if the vest doesn't work on him, I still like the figure as is. I guess I'm just tired of seeing this outfit with the flap down.

Snowtrooper1138
11-05-2017, 09:54 PM
In my opinion; this is the best Emperor figure in this scale, period. I really hope I get one of these sets.

Idpullthecurtain
11-06-2017, 02:13 AM
Rebelscums images are great. This is an awesome set and I’m so pleased this has come now. Two much needed new resculpts is awesome news. I too am happy with getting Luke. The flap down version was nice, but it’s great to get this regular version. (We did get a lovely SA version in TVC but still).
The Emperor figures have got a difficult history. It’s hard to call any previous version great, though there were one or two that I was ok with. However IMO this one just might be great. It looks beautiful and the interchangeable hands is a great touch (albeit done well previously). The previous best IMO was one of the soft goods version but I wasn’t totally happy with them. This is the definitive Palpatine now.
The ERG is a dream come true for an anti softgoods collector. I didn’t like TVC huge cloaked version. So my go to ERG was the AOTC figure, and that one isn’t perfect, it’s great to retire that one. This figure is lovely, I’m surprised it hasn’t been out more. It’s a true classic, but actually I do recall the POTF2 being a big peg warmer.

Cramer
11-06-2017, 08:26 AM
I've read multiple comments that this is listed on Target's site but I can't find it.

DarthPete
11-06-2017, 08:27 AM
It's on their website, with an 11-1 date listed.

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-force-link-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-battle-3-pk/-/A-52281242#lnk=sametab

link above

DarthPete
11-06-2017, 08:28 AM
The ERG is great, but for my money the vintage (not vintage collection) figure still reigns supreme. I love Luke and the Emperor though, they look fantastic.

Idpullthecurtain
11-06-2017, 10:07 AM
They have never been able to get The Emperor right.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/potfemperorfront.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw0330emperorloose.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS/rots0512palpatinefront.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC/Basic/39Emperor/TLC-2622.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star-Wars/Emperor-Luke-Royal-Guard-Star-Wars-Universe-3-Pack/Emperor-Luke-Royal-Guard-Star-Wars-Universe-3-Pack-001.jpg

Until now?.......

Idpullthecurtain
11-06-2017, 10:12 AM
The ERG is great, but for my money the vintage (not vintage collection) figure still reigns supreme. I love Luke and the Emperor though, they look fantastic.

With the ERG is purely about soft goods V non, in a way that few other figures are. And whatever your preference is determines which one is you go to. Personally Im not a soft goods guy AT ALL, so this new one is a game changer. Amazing figure! Finally. Its been a long wait.

DarthPete
11-06-2017, 10:28 AM
*shakes head* That 2006 Emperor, lol. He looks like a ghost from the lost souls room in Beetlejuice.

Idpullthecurtain
11-06-2017, 11:30 AM
*shakes head* That 2006 Emperor, lol. He looks like a ghost from the lost souls room in Beetlejuice.

I know, that's a hilarious mess that one. There were some real shockers from that era!

Idpullthecurtain
11-06-2017, 11:35 AM
http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/TVC/basicfigures/VC105/lf25.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star-Wars/Emperor-Luke-Royal-Guard-Star-Wars-Universe-3-Pack/Emperor-Luke-Royal-Guard-Star-Wars-Universe-3-Pack-021.jpg

If soft goods arent your thing. Then we have a new winner! :)

Idpullthecurtain
11-06-2017, 11:45 AM

When the Evolutions figure came out with a molded hood for Legacy, it was a decent effort. If posed right it could look spectacular, but it could also look a bit of a mess too.

Maverick10126
11-06-2017, 01:19 PM
That potf2 emperor still holds up fairly well.

Idpullthecurtain
11-06-2017, 01:23 PM
That potf2 emperor still holds up fairly well.

Yeah I agree, its not a bad figure. I like the seated variation.

Internets
11-06-2017, 01:42 PM
The Emperor's headsculpt looks like a scaled down version of the 6 inch figure disappointingly, meaning the POTF2 Emperor is STILL the best likeness out there.

Daigo_Bah
11-06-2017, 01:53 PM
If the ERG was available single-carded, I'd have used it instead of the 4 vintage collection versions I bought. I like them, but I don't need action poses for my ERGs. This is one salt-shaker body I never minded due to the realistic sculpted folds. I'd want the Emperor too if he didn't have that ugly t-crotch cut.

lordtyrannus
11-06-2017, 06:16 PM
The Emperor's headsculpt looks like a scaled down version of the 6 inch figure disappointingly, meaning the POTF2 Emperor is STILL the best likeness out there.

I always thought that, as awful as the figure is otherwise, the 2002 Saga Emperor has the best facial likeness. I used it for my custom SA figure and think it looks dead-on. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/7427a8888713e2c8f59d7dc64fa53c4e.jpg

SaberSonic83
11-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Yeah this is probably the best Emperor to date looking back, it's just a letdown to see the head sculpt look more like ROTS than anything. That brow needs to be extra bulging for it to be anywhere close to ROTJ. The rest of him looks awesome, though, is his cane really THAT crooked? I guess I've never taken a long look at it in the film.

Idpullthecurtain
11-07-2017, 03:49 AM
I always thought that, as awful as the figure is otherwise, the 2002 Saga Emperor has the best facial likeness. I used it for my custom SA figure and think it looks dead-on. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/7427a8888713e2c8f59d7dc64fa53c4e.jpg

interesting. To me that headsculpt is the worst one.

Idpullthecurtain
11-07-2017, 03:50 AM
Yeah this is probably the best Emperor to date looking back, it's just a letdown to see the head sculpt look more like ROTS than anything. That brow needs to be extra bulging for it to be anywhere close to ROTJ. The rest of him looks awesome, though, is his cane really THAT crooked? I guess I've never taken a long look at it in the film.

i agree that the headsculpt is a little off. I like it, but it doesn't look quite like ROTJ. The costume is top notch though.

DarthTyrannosaur
11-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Yeah, the most appealing thing on this set is this Palpatine's head sculpt at least in my opinion. It'd be nice to get another throne room duel Luke (as I don't have a lot of him in that outfit) and add another Royal Guard to my troop building regiment.

How did you transfer the head to that body? I was trying to do a quick custom like that, but I noticed the Legacy Collection body has a head on a ball joint and the 2002-2004 version is on an entirely different type of swivel/joint hybrid with only half a head.

Nighthawk
11-07-2017, 07:03 PM
How did you transfer the head to that body? I was trying to do a quick custom like that, but I noticed the Legacy Collection body has a head on a ball joint and the 2002-2004 version is on an entirely different type of swivel/joint hybrid with only half a head.

Don't know how he did it, but I do it a lot with figures that have the swivel joint and convert them to ball joint type. I just cut off the joint and hollow out the head so that it would fit int he ball joint.

lordtyrannus
11-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Don't know how he did it, but I do it a lot with figures that have the swivel joint and convert them to ball joint type. I just cut off the joint and hollow out the head so that it would fit int he ball joint.

^This is exactly what I did. Thanks Nighthawk!

DarthTyrannosaur
11-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Ah. Thank you to you both for your guidance here! It sounds easy enough, but I'm not a very crafty customizer overall. I mean when it comes to cutting and what not I try to be super careful because I ruin it more than not and even then I still do ruin it. I've relied on my dad in the past to help with various advanced problems and usually he's my go-to when I need something fixed unless it can't be easily glued or otherwise. That said, I'll just have to make do unless this new Palpatine has a ball joint head in place of a swivel joint that way it just becomes a simple matter of popping one head off for the other. The head sculpt is particularly nice about the TLJ 3-pack figure and conveys his likeness well-enough in my opinion to warrant a head swap with the Legacy Collection Palpatine body.

DSIILuke
11-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Anyone see this set state side yet?

DarkArtist
11-08-2017, 10:37 AM

I was just about to ask the same question... I had the page bookmarked on my favorites and now it shows not sold in store anywhere near me and out of stock on the website. when I refresh the screen the item completely disappears from Target's website

Nighthawk
11-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Ah. Thank you to you both for your guidance here! It sounds easy enough, but I'm not a very crafty customizer overall. I mean when it comes to cutting and what not I try to be super careful because I ruin it more than not and even then I still do ruin it. I've relied on my dad in the past to help with various advanced problems and usually he's my go-to when I need something fixed unless it can't be easily glued or otherwise. That said, I'll just have to make do unless this new Palpatine has a ball joint head in place of a swivel joint that way it just becomes a simple matter of popping one head off for the other. The head sculpt is particularly nice about the TLJ 3-pack figure and conveys his likeness well-enough in my opinion to warrant a head swap with the Legacy Collection Palpatine body.

Honestly, I prefer cutting up parts to make customs than painting. It really isn't that hard. The hardest part is actually getting the courage up to do it, but once you do a few, or even one, you get the idea and it's really easy. You can do a lot of customs just by doing that. I cut off the arms at the elbows and legs at the knees for my FO Flametrooper and drilled holes and plugged in new arms and now he can hold the flamethrower two handed and run.
https://i.imgur.com/qlztufx.jpg

I would say if you have some fodder you don't care about, try it out and you'll see it's not that hard. Make sure you have a good exacto knife to do the cut though and this also only works for the softer plastic heads. I do this to vintage G.I.Joe figures too, but it's a lot harder cause of the hard plastic and you'll actually have to make some rubber inserts for those, but for Star Wars heads and limbs, it's a piece of cake.

DarthTyrannosaur
11-08-2017, 12:02 PM

I was out around the 4th to check out both my local TRU and Target and nothing was there sadly. I'm out of north east Ohio.

Honestly, I prefer cutting up parts to make customs than painting. It really isn't that hard. The hardest part is actually getting the courage up to do it, but once you do a few, or even one, you get the idea and it's really easy. You can do a lot of customs just by doing that. I cut off the arms at the elbows and legs at the knees for my FO Flametrooper and drilled holes and plugged in new arms and now he can hold the flamethrower two handed and run.
https://i.imgur.com/qlztufx.jpg

I would say if you have some fodder you don't care about, try it out and you'll see it's not that hard. Make sure you have a good exacto knife to do the cut though and this also only works for the softer plastic heads. I do this to vintage G.I.Joe figures too, but it's a lot harder cause of the hard plastic and you'll actually have to make some rubber inserts for those, but for Star Wars heads and limbs, it's a piece of cake.

Wow. Okay, I will see what I can do about working up the courage. I don't have an exacto knife so that might be an eventual purchase. Thanks again. :)

DarthPete
11-08-2017, 01:36 PM
You'll want a half stocked first aid kit if this will be your first foray into exact-o knife work. I think we can all point to various chunks and slashes in our fingers. ;)

DarthTyrannosaur
11-08-2017, 08:00 PM
You'll want a half stocked first aid kit if this will be your first foray into exact-o knife work. I think we can all point to various chunks and slashes in our fingers. ;)

Already got one of those in my hall closet. Heh. :)

Masterfett
11-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Too true! lol ^

I remember one time cutting the tendon in my thumb, and it needing a wire stitch until it healed.

Vatta
11-13-2017, 12:30 PM
I wonder if the Royal Guard's head and robes will fit on the TVC/BS Royal Guard. I really wish this Royal Guard was single packed, would love to do a little army building with them.

DarkArtist
11-13-2017, 12:56 PM
I wonder if the Royal Guard's head and robes will fit on the TVC/BS Royal Guard. I really wish this Royal Guard was single packed, would love to do a little army building with them.

you and me both!!! I'd grab 6 of them right off the bat to recreate the shuttle landing scene with the Emperor in ROTJ

Snowtrooper1138
11-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Anyone found this set stateside yet? I had someone check a Target in the Kingsport, Tennessee area; but no dice.

DarkArtist
11-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Anyone found this set stateside yet? I had someone check a Target in the Kingsport, Tennessee area; but no dice.

I've had no luck in Jersey so far. :(

DSIILuke
11-14-2017, 04:40 PM
Nodda in Detroit

SaberSonic83
11-14-2017, 04:56 PM
This Emperor is being repacked as a Force Link individual figure, just in case anyone didn't know already.

DSIILuke
11-14-2017, 05:22 PM
Apparently there is one Target in Michigan that has these in limited stock. I called and had them check, and they had 2 packs remaining. So hopefully this hits in larger numbers soon!

sfx_5k
11-15-2017, 07:53 AM
These are in stock on Target's website, with free shipping!

And, apparently, only available "in store" in Oregon (for now). Clicking on the "find in store" options shows stock in Kent, Lacey, Wilsonville & Keizer OR. So if you live in Oregon go get 'em!

DarkArtist
11-15-2017, 08:26 AM
These are in stock on Target's website, with free shipping!

And, apparently, only available "in store" in Oregon (for now). Clicking on the "find in store" options shows stock in Kent, Lacey, Wilsonville & Keizer OR. So if you live in Oregon go get 'em!

already out of stock again :(

R1G4R3PO
11-15-2017, 08:34 AM
damn the luck!! missed another "in stock item"

R1G4R3PO
11-15-2017, 08:34 AM
online shopping is as bad as in store shopping anymore

Cramer
11-15-2017, 08:51 AM
I just nabbed one on Target.com it doesn't say out of stock but has atrocious shipping date of Nov 24th!

R1G4R3PO
11-15-2017, 09:01 AM
I just nabbed one on Target.com it doesn't say out of stock but has atrocious shipping date of Nov 24th!

so you"re the one that snatched it out of MY CART while my payment was processing

seriously, I rechecked and it was available, I put in cart, filling in my payment and STOLEN OUT MY MY CART!!!! TOTAL BS SITES ALLOW THAT ****!!!!

DarkArtist
11-15-2017, 09:46 AM

mine always comes up as unavailable near me. and temporarily out of stock

R1G4R3PO
11-15-2017, 09:50 AM
It's now yo-yo-ing from "unavailable near you" to "add it cart" but w/ oos message once you click add to cart.

DarthPete
11-15-2017, 11:08 AM
I saw it in stock early this morning; for whatever reason decided to order it after I got to work. Sat down at work 20 minutes later, out of stock. Ha!

DarthPete
11-15-2017, 03:21 PM
It just occurred to me... what do you think the ERG forcelink chip says??

DarkArtist
11-15-2017, 04:10 PM
probably has the same sounds as the TLJ guards...

indysolo007
11-15-2017, 05:35 PM
It just occurred to me... what do you think the ERG forcelink chip says??

the cow says----moooooo

DSIILuke
11-15-2017, 05:37 PM
I was able to snag two sets this morning, and just received my tracking info. Right place at the right time, I suppose. I’m really looking forward to this set.

Snowtrooper1138
11-15-2017, 09:29 PM
This Emperor is being repacked as a Force Link individual figure, just in case anyone didn't know already.

Sweet; I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. As the Emperor is pretty much the only reason I really want this set; nice to know they'll be a plan b option if all else fails.

R1G4R3PO
11-16-2017, 06:19 AM
it's back omline..in stock. and YES I got my order completed this this b4 somebody snatched it out of my cart!! Again, seriously, why do retail sites allow this to happen? Ticketmaster and similar sites once in your cart, it's held there for a few minutes to allow you to complete order/payment/add another item then release item if you wait past that time. Seems simple enough to add. I just don't get it.

indysolo007
11-16-2017, 07:49 AM
That drives me nuts too. Hasbro toy shop is the worst for that during the release of exclusives. They should have a time delay, if the item is in a cart and not purchased within a brief allotment of time it goes back into the general stock.

DarthPete
11-16-2017, 08:38 AM
the cow says----moooooo
lol

Got an order in for mine this morning. Didn't dilly dally this time. I look forward to seeing a pile of them on clearance in four months. ;)

Jeremiah2849
11-16-2017, 08:58 AM
lol

Got an order in for mine this morning. Didn't dilly dally this time. I look forward to seeing a pile of them on clearance in four months. ;)

Got mine just now. Still in stock at target.com.

Snowtrooper1138
11-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Just ordered one set. Still available at target.com as of 12:18 PM; EST

DarkArtist
11-16-2017, 04:47 PM
ordered mine... can't wait. chose store pick up so I should have it by the 28th of November

Jeremiah2849
11-16-2017, 07:43 PM
ordered mine... can't wait. chose store pick up so I should have it by the 28th of November

If you can't wait you should have had them ship it to your house. Ordered mine today, and it's already on the way. Got my shipping notice a few hours ago.

R1G4R3PO
11-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Got my shipping notice. I should have mine wed, maybe tues. Gotta sat, fast order prosessing/shipping. Maybe even faster than Amazon prime was w/ new leia order.

R1G4R3PO
11-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Say...not sat

Ty
11-16-2017, 08:48 PM
Emperor and Royal Guard look amazing. I hope the royal guessed will come single carded like the emperor. I like soft good when they're done right, l have a couple of TVC RG's but there's something about this new one l like more. I always sinned the guys in that armor would be over 6', so it's sorta too bad he's so shrimpy, but the sculpt id's just flawless. Emperor really looks to be 10/10, l don't think I've ever missed any iteration of him, they never did top the POTF2 Emperor in my opinion, but it certainly looks like now they finally have. I'm gettin it!

Snowtrooper1138
11-16-2017, 09:19 PM
Just received my shipping notice a couple moments ago.

Idpullthecurtain
11-17-2017, 02:19 AM
Emperor and Royal Guard look amazing. I hope the royal guessed will come single carded like the emperor. I like soft good when they're done right, l have a couple of TVC RG's but there's something about this new one l like more. I always sinned the guys in that armor would be over 6', so it's sorta too bad he's so shrimpy, but the sculpt id's just flawless. Emperor really looks to be 10/10, l don't think I've ever missed any iteration of him, they never did top the POTF2 Emperor in my opinion, but it certainly looks like now they finally have. I'm gettin it!
the Emperor does look amazing. I know where you are coming from, reluctantly the POTF2 is probably the previous best. Though I did like the legacy one, but it was never quite right for me (the face wasn't right and soft goods!). So I am very happy to see this one is so great. Can't wait for it. What has complicated matters for me is we have had some lovely Darth Sideous figures too. I loved the Ep I hooded version and the ROTS version could stand in as a decent Jedi Palpatine. But again they weren't quite right either. So finally it's a big tick to get an awesome Palpatine. Now let's hope this is a half decent price in the UK (not likely).

Idpullthecurtain
11-17-2017, 02:25 AM
does the Royal Guard feel too small in hand? It doesn't look that way in pics to me. I know it's a lot smaller than the POTF2, but that was annoyingly oversized. Anyway I can live with it being small if that's the case, it's the best Royal Guard (IMO) and it's a looooong time coming.

Maverick10126
11-17-2017, 08:13 AM
Looks like this set is back in stock. I'm gonna hold off on ordering as it looks like its hitting Oregon and shouldn't be too much longer before California. In years passed I've found items hitting shelves while my order was still in transit.

indysolo007
11-18-2017, 04:18 PM
I called target today and got 25% off my order from Thursday.

DarkArtist
11-19-2017, 01:13 PM
If you can't wait you should have had them ship it to your house. Ordered mine today, and it's already on the way. Got my shipping notice a few hours ago.
didn't want to pay shipping... besides I'm on vacation that week so I was planning on going Christmas shopping at.target anyway.. now i can kill 2 birds with one stone

Jeremiah2849
11-19-2017, 01:25 PM
didn't want to pay shipping... besides I'm on vacation that week so I was planning on going Christmas shopping at.target anyway.. now i can kill 2 birds with one stone

Shipping is free right now, but anyway, hope you like it when you get it. I'm waiting anxiously for mine to arrive.

Coreworld
11-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Wow, this pack looks amazing, some excellent shots over on yakface:
http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004/html/TLJ/exclusives/ROTJ_battlepack.html

DarthPete
11-19-2017, 03:04 PM
I can't wait for the flourishing robe sound effect!! ;D

The sculpts look amazing. Luke really looks fantastic. It just clicked with me that they did the ERG's body all in one color, similar in color to the vintage figure, I appreciate that.

Maverick10126
11-19-2017, 04:17 PM
In stock at 3 of my local targets!

Maverick10126
11-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Got them, fantastic figures. I do wish Luke had a two handed grip but what are you gonna do...

Maverick10126
11-19-2017, 08:36 PM
Luke has swivel wrists BTW.

Snowtrooper1138
11-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Wow, this pack looks amazing, some excellent shots over on yakface:
http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004/html/TLJ/exclusives/ROTJ_battlepack.html

I love the pic of the Emperor with the two Royal Guards. I wish the pack had come with two of them instead of the Luke. No disrespect to those happy for the Luke figure, just my personal opinion on the matter. Each time I see the Emperor figure, I love it a little more. Simply a fantastic sculpt after all these years. The Royal Guard's growing on me quite a bit, too.

HothHan
11-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Best Emperor figure ever IMO. The Guard is awesome too.

Maverick10126
11-20-2017, 01:01 PM
This Luke head sculpt is great. Hair color is strange but best Luke rotj head sculpt yet.

Coreworld
11-20-2017, 05:14 PM
I love the pic of the Emperor with the two Royal Guards. I wish the pack had come with two of them instead of the Luke. No disrespect to those happy for the Luke figure, just my personal opinion on the matter. Each time I see the Emperor figure, I love it a little more. Simply a fantastic sculpt after all these years. The Royal Guard's growing on me quite a bit, too.

That was what I thought when looking at that particular picture. I hope the guard gets a single card release at some point, I'm liking the look much more than the black series version.

Maverick10126
11-20-2017, 06:01 PM
I'm surprised at the detail on the Luke sculpt. There's an extra u shaped seam on the back of the pants. I haven't seen it in any previous Luke sculpt. They really could have gotten away with just resculpting the SL Luke body with the flap up and I would have been happy. I need to get that Luke out and compare them. This new one seems a little thinner.

DarkArtist
11-21-2017, 09:33 AM
has anyone posted the force link sayings for this 3 pack? I'm curious to hear what phrases both Luke and the Emperor have

Billy_Ray
11-21-2017, 10:48 AM
has anyone posted the force link sayings for this 3 pack? I'm curious to hear what phrases both Luke and the Emperor have

They are listed here: http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2...attlepack.html

Wookieman26
11-21-2017, 11:14 AM
This set looks great, but I have absolutely zero interest. I already have my definitive ROTJ Luke (although Jabba's Palace specific) in the TVC/TBS3.75 release, my definitive Royal Guard in the TVC/TBS3.75 release, and I'm incredibly surprised how well the POTF2 Emperor has aged.

Nighthawk
11-21-2017, 11:58 AM
I saw this yesterday. It actually looks really good. I may get this later when it goes on clearance as it's $35CDN right now which is more than I'm willing to pay. I may get 2 sets if it's on clearance though to have one guard on each side of the Emperor.

Maverick10126
11-21-2017, 01:28 PM
For fans of the SA Luke's, I'd suggest looking at this head sculpt. The only downside is the hair color but it's definitely a better sculpted head. It doesn't have the weird proportions that TVC DS2 head had and has the correct part compared to the lightsaber construction figure.

Maverick10126
11-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know any good lower arms that might work on this Luke? I was thinking maybe arms from a clone wars figure or the votc anh han arms? They need to be thin...

Billy_Ray
11-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Just picked this set up today. They were stocking the toy department at my local Target and I just happened to walk by and notice the case on a pallet. The guy stocking was kind enough to open it for me. Haven't opened it yet (it will probably get put away for Christmas by my wife) but I am absolutely blown away by how great the Emperor looks! He was my main interest in getting this in the first place. I'm not a huge 5POA fan, but he looked to be a great figure. That said, I was surprised how much I dig both Luke and the ERG as well. All round great set!

lordtyrannus
11-22-2017, 05:44 PM
I combined the SA body with the new head and cloak and am pretty pleased: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171122/869f3519da8a3784fc09fbafa5701675.jpeg

YavinTemplePilot
11-22-2017, 06:35 PM
That looks great Lordtyrannus, already planned to try that out when mine arrives. What did you have to do to make it fit?

YavinTemplePilot
11-22-2017, 06:40 PM
For fans of the SA Luke's, I'd suggest looking at this head sculpt. The only downside is the hair color but it's definitely a better sculpted head. It doesn't have the weird proportions that TVC DS2 head had and has the correct part compared to the lightsaber construction figure.

I’m already planning this. I personally think the VC23 sculpt is still miles ahead of this one and, in my opinion, perfect. That said, I’ve used the head from a couple of VC23 to make better Jabba’s Palace/Jedi Knight Outfit figures so now I have a couple of spare VC23 bodies laying around that I plan to adapt this head to to make complete figures. I tend to like my figures in display too much to ever handle them so it’s nice to have figures I can actually interact with.

vadersvette
11-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Mine arrived today. Absolutely impressed by this set. I was originally planning on just getting the Emperor, but I'm glad I changed my mind. All 3 figures turned out nicely.

Too bad the Emperor doesn't have his trademark chuckle on the forcelink, though.

R1G4R3PO
11-22-2017, 09:23 PM
^ watch the single carded version will....
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=emperor+palpatine+chuckle&&view=detail&mid=A33300C490ED0C8CC4DAA33300C490ED0C8CC4DA&FORM=VRDGAR

Captain_Piet
11-23-2017, 06:48 AM
Mine arrived today. Absolutely impressed by this set. I was originally planning on just getting the Emperor, but I'm glad I changed my mind. All 3 figures turned out nicely.

Too bad the Emperor doesn't have his trademark chuckle on the forcelink, though.

Can't agree more.

lordtyrannus
11-23-2017, 08:53 AM
For those curious, here's the SA conversions. The neck joints of the SA Emperor and the Royal Guard were smaller than the holes in the heads of the 3-pack figures and required a dab of hot glue to make a tighter fit. The Emperor's hands were a perfect swap, and Luke's head was a tight fit but needed no modification. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171123/215bf47436ebe9c39c84b656b7b86499.jpg

YavinTemplePilot
11-23-2017, 09:59 AM
For those curious, here's the SA conversions. The neck joints of the SA Emperor and the Royal Guard were smaller than the holes in the heads of the 3-pack figures and required a dab of hot glue to make a tighter fit. The Emperor's hands were a perfect swap, and Luke's head was a tight fit but needed no modification. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171123/215bf47436ebe9c39c84b656b7b86499.jpg

The Luke looks great! I personally still prefer the VC23 sculpt but this is miles ahead of the lightsaber construction sculpt, since Iíve got some VC23 torsos sitting around Iím excited to complete one with this and maybe repaint that hair color.

My current Emperor is a TVC TPM Darth Sidious with Saga ROTJ Emperor head, Iím thinking about carefully cutting off the new hood and using it and the head sculpt plus hands on that figure. I canít decide if articulation is worth the hassle of soft goods though.

regardless, all three of yours look great and that Emperor sculpt is definitive in my opinion, it looks like yours is really well painted too!

lordtyrannus
11-23-2017, 10:10 AM
The Luke looks great! I personally still prefer the VC23 sculpt but this is miles ahead of the lightsaber construction sculpt, since Iíve got some VC23 torsos sitting around Iím excited to complete one with this and maybe repaint that hair color.

My current Emperor is a TVC TPM Darth Sidious with Saga ROTJ Emperor head, Iím thinking about carefully cutting off the new hood and using it and the head sculpt plus hands on that figure. I canít decide if articulation is worth the hassle of soft goods though.

regardless, all three of yours look great and that Emperor sculpt is definitive in my opinion, it looks like yours is really well painted too!

Thanks!

After some comparisons, I'm going to stick with the 3-pack Emperor just as he came. With the soft goods, he can barely move anyway, and this Emperor is just superb all around.

I am sticking with the VC Luke's head sculpt as well because it's just got sharper details and better paint apps.

I'm trying to decide what to do about the Royal Guard for my display. I like him posed with the staff on his shoulder, and in that case, the 3-pack version has a more accurate hand position for that particular pose, as well as a more accurate maroon colored undersuit. It's one of those figures that, while articulation is great, I hardly use it.

The incredible sculpts on the newer 5/6POA figures (RO Stormtrooper, Boba, Emperor, Royal Guard) are making it harder and harder to decide which ones I prefer to have on display.

YavinTemplePilot
11-23-2017, 04:02 PM
Thanks!

After some comparisons, I'm going to stick with the 3-pack Emperor just as he came. With the soft goods, he can barely move anyway, and this Emperor is just superb all around.

I am sticking with the VC Luke's head sculpt as well because it's just got sharper details and better paint apps.

I'm trying to decide what to do about the Royal Guard for my display. I like him posed with the staff on his shoulder, and in that case, the 3-pack version has a more accurate hand position for that particular pose, as well as a more accurate maroon colored undersuit. It's one of those figures that, while articulation is great, I hardly use it.

The incredible sculpts on the newer 5/6POA figures (RO Stormtrooper, Boba, Emperor, Royal Guard) are making it harder and harder to decide which ones I prefer to have on display.

Iím prettt happy with my soft goods SA Emperor but it would look way better with this new likeness and hood. https://imgur.com/a/5njqP

RhyYees
11-23-2017, 08:56 PM
These sets have shown up in healthy numbers at Canadian Tires north of the border. I'm torn, because on the one hand the new Emperor looks amazing, but I don't need the rest of this set and I have no way of knowing when (if?) I'll find the single-carded version. Resist it, Rhy-Yees!

DarthPete
11-24-2017, 12:41 PM
I expect you wouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer for just the ERG, and probably Luke for that matter.

DarthPete
11-24-2017, 02:17 PM
This is a great set, little tricky getting the Emperor's cane to stay in his hand. I can't believe after 20 years I'm going to retire my POTF2 Emperor.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/IMG_32326.JPG

Quick comparison shot with the vintage ERG:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/IMG_32335.JPG

I think they could've fit the BB8/SD playset in this friggen box..
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/IMG_32307.JPG

SaberSonic83
11-24-2017, 04:47 PM
these things are non-existent in Pennsylvania and it's really ticking me off. They should be easily had at ANY Target Hasblow, nice distribution once again.

DSIILuke
11-24-2017, 07:27 PM
Sabersonic! I’d recommend picking one up online. The paint apps on these figures are great. I ordered two sets and both sets of figures have great paint apps. In fact, all of my TLJ 3.75 purchases I’ve acquired online (Hasbro Toy Shop, Amazon, and now Target) have had stellar paint apps. I definitely get going the brick and mortar route, as you can see the figures, pick the best ones, and there’s *still* something wonderfully indescribable about seeing new figures you want on the pegs.

Ill say this about TLJ 3.75 figures: the sculpts and paint apps/quality control have been on point. I’ve seen a handful of figures with poor paint apps. I’ve been primarily selective with my SW purchasing habits, and as I’ve stated before, I sold off about 95% of my collection, so I’ve been really happy to have a line that’s been handled solidly in terms of sculpting and paint application. Distribution is still a bit problematic in some areas, however I’ve seen everything in my area thus far. This set is the only item I’ve not yet seen with my own two eyes, however Brickseek has actually shown me stores in my state that have “limited stock” (I called one to confirm) so give it time and I’m sure you’ll find one!

darth_sidious
11-24-2017, 08:33 PM
Not only are they easy to acquire from the Target website, shipping is also free. I agree that the deco has been excellent on all the TLJ figures I've purchased - most of which have been online.

DARKLORD1967
11-25-2017, 01:28 PM
As a STAR WARS toy collector / customizer, I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the quality of this 3-pack!

The sculpt detail and paint applications of these new figures are absolutely OUTSTANDING!

LUKE SKYWALKER: I believe this is the absolute finest ROTJ Luke that Hasbro has EVER produced... hands down!

While many may prefer the VC Luke for its super articulation, I never particularly cared for that figure. I found it overly thin, lanky, and with spindly legs making it difficult for it to stand on its own. The morose face sculpt and misshapen hand dont help. Plus, I have never been a fan of the strange kick-hinge hips (for side-kick posing), nor the weird “baggy diaper” pelvis sculpt.

The sculpt of this new Luke figure presents him as he appeared on screen, right down to the dimple on his chin! He has a nice build (one that is actually NOT anorexic like the VC Luke), and converting this 5 POA Figure to SA will really not be a problem for me! I CANNOT WAIT to create custom figures of the 3 different stages of Luke’s ROTJ Jedi outfit using this figure as a base!

EMPEROR PALPATINE:I still prefer my own custom Emperor Palpatine Figure with soft goods cloak and inner robes. But the sculpt of The Emperor in this new 3-pack is hands down, the finest of any stock production figure released by Hasbro. I do not care for the rubber sculpted robes. Admittedly, they are beautifully sculpted with incredible texture and detail. However, Palpatine spent so much time SEATED in the film, and if he cannot SIT as a figure, then that is a deal-breaker for me. Regardless of this, I love the other details of this Figure so much that I plan to revisit my custom Emperor by updating it with this new one’s head sculpt and beautifully sculpted hands and cane.

ROYAL GUARD: I my view, NOTHING has topped the VC Royal Guard with SA and soft goods cloak and robes. And while the new guard contained in this 3pack is beautifully sculpted, I do think he is a bit short, and, again, I’m just NOT a fan of sculpted rubber robes. This figure DOES include the ALL-TIME finest sculpt (and nice sturdy castings) of the force pike staff. It is a FAR SUPERIOR QUALITY accessory than the warped and rubbery piece of chewing gum staff that came with the VC / Black Series Royal Guard.

Crap. Hopefully Hasbro will release this Royal Guard as an individual carded figure. I’m going to need enough of those new excellent Force pike staffs to arm my army of 30 VC / Black Series guards.

Maverick10126
11-25-2017, 07:35 PM
What are you planning on using to customize Luke? I was thinking of giving mine new lower arms and lower legs but I was stuck on what parts to use. Luke has very thin arms, even thinner than the SL version of the figure. This sculpt has a much tighter fitting suit than the previous SL.

Today I think I nailed the parts needed. The VC23 lower arms are way too thick, the knobby elbows just won't line up. The lower legs from that sculpt look like they will work nicely though.

For the arms, the WM Jyn figure look like they will be the perfect size. Just have to extend the sleeve to the cuff, paint black and Luke should be good to go. And luckily jyn is still everywhere.

SaberSonic83
11-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Sabersonic! Iíd recommend picking one up online. The paint apps on these figures are great. I ordered two sets and both sets of figures have great paint apps. In fact, all of my TLJ 3.75 purchases Iíve acquired online (Hasbro Toy Shop, Amazon, and now Target) have had stellar paint apps. I definitely get going the brick and mortar route, as you can see the figures, pick the best ones, and thereís *still* something wonderfully indescribable about seeing new figures you want on the pegs.

Ill say this about TLJ 3.75 figures: the sculpts and paint apps/quality control have been on point. Iíve seen a handful of figures with poor paint apps. Iíve been primarily selective with my SW purchasing habits, and as Iíve stated before, I sold off about 95% of my collection, so Iíve been really happy to have a line thatís been handled solidly in terms of sculpting and paint application. Distribution is still a bit problematic in some areas, however Iíve seen everything in my area thus far. This set is the only item Iíve not yet seen with my own two eyes, however Brickseek has actually shown me stores in my state that have ďlimited stockĒ (I called one to confirm) so give it time and Iím sure youíll find one!

Yes, I've thought about it, but just can't bring myself to order it online, like a vehicle. I have to see the sculpts in person, unless it's a trooper. I do really like the Luke, even though I hate 5POA, he looks great, just wish they would have painted his lightsaber correctly! It really is annoying, it's like after all those years with that stupid Obi-Wan ROTS hilt and green blade, they FINALLY have been releasing Luke's with the ROTJ sculpt, yet this one has the black mid-hilt, inexplicable! Just paint the darn thing silver and be done with it, I don't understand why they left it off, now it looks more like Obi-Wan's hilt anyway *FACEPALM

Glad to see you back in the forum though my friend!

YavinTemplePilot
11-26-2017, 08:21 PM
As a STAR WARS toy collector / customizer, I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the quality of this 3-pack!

The sculpt detail and paint applications of these new figures are absolutely OUTSTANDING!

LUKE SKYWALKER: I believe this is the absolute finest ROTJ Luke that Hasbro has EVER produced... hands down!

While many may prefer the VC Luke for its super articulation, I never particularly cared for that figure. I found it overly thin, lanky, and with spindly legs making it difficult for it to stand on its own. The morose face sculpt and misshapen hand dont help. Plus, I have never been a fan of the strange kick-hinge hips (for side-kick posing), nor the weird ďbaggy diaperĒ pelvis sculpt.

The sculpt of this new Luke figure presents him as he appeared on screen, right down to the dimple on his chin! He has a nice build (one that is actually NOT anorexic like the VC Luke), and converting this 5 POA Figure to SA will really not be a problem for me! I CANNOT WAIT to create custom figures of the 3 different stages of Lukeís ROTJ Jedi outfit using this figure as a base!

EMPEROR PALPATINE:I still prefer my own custom Emperor Palpatine Figure with soft goods cloak and inner robes. But the sculpt of The Emperor in this new 3-pack is hands down, the finest of any stock production figure released by Hasbro. I do not care for the rubber sculpted robes. Admittedly, they are beautifully sculpted with incredible texture and detail. However, Palpatine spent so much time SEATED in the film, and if he cannot SIT as a figure, then that is a deal-breaker for me. Regardless of this, I love the other details of this Figure so much that I plan to revisit my custom Emperor by updating it with this new oneís head sculpt and beautifully sculpted hands and cane.

ROYAL GUARD: I my view, NOTHING has topped the VC Royal Guard with SA and soft goods cloak and robes. And while the new guard contained in this 3pack is beautifully sculpted, I do think he is a bit short, and, again, Iím just NOT a fan of sculpted rubber robes. This figure DOES include the ALL-TIME finest sculpt (and nice sturdy castings) of the force pike staff. It is a FAR SUPERIOR QUALITY accessory than the warped and rubbery piece of chewing gum staff that came with the VC / Black Series Royal Guard.

Crap. Hopefully Hasbro will release this Royal Guard as an individual carded figure. Iím going to need enough of those new excellent Force pike staffs to arm my army of 30 VC / Black Series guards.

Couldnt disagree more about the Lukes. Does yours have the cross/slant eyed look that all Iíve seen have? I think the sculpt is soft too.

VC23 is a bit thin in profile but not to the point it bothers me, I think the sculpt is perfect. I also like the hip articulation because you can get him to hold just about any pose since they arenít too different in shape from side to side any side can look correctly to be the top of the thigh. I also prefer not seeing a ball hinge and cut thigh on a figure like this, those work well where armor can hide the joint.

Cramer
11-27-2017, 09:16 AM
Definitive character releases for Luke and the Emperor. Although with the Emperor coming single carded soon, this would have been the best opportunity to release a seated version. And the sculpt of Hamill is in there, just needs a repaint to bring it out.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/B00D88D2-4111-4516-98E8-920618E4A53B.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/B00D88D2-4111-4516-98E8-920618E4A53B.jpeg)

vadersvette
11-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Definitive character releases for Luke and the Emperor. Although with the Emperor coming single carded soon, this would have been the best opportunity to release a seated version. And the sculpt of Hamill is in there, just needs a repaint to bring it out.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/B00D88D2-4111-4516-98E8-920618E4A53B.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/B00D88D2-4111-4516-98E8-920618E4A53B.jpeg)

That looks fantastic!

Agen_Kolar
11-27-2017, 12:37 PM
Not a single Target in the Los Angeles area has this in stock. So bizarre. Like SaberSonic83, I just can't bring myself to order online. I've been burned by bad paint apps too many times, most recently with TLJ General Leia. I'm gonna have to wait this one out.

YavinTemplePilot
11-27-2017, 01:05 PM

That really does look great but something about the sculpt is still too blocky in my opinion, idk.

SWfanSean
11-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Not a single Target in the Los Angeles area has this in stock. So bizarre. Like SaberSonic83, I just can't bring myself to order online. I've been burned by bad paint apps too many times, most recently with TLJ General Leia. I'm gonna have to wait this one out.

I live in Santa Clarita and I've also noticed not a single store in or around LA has gotten these. I really want this set but I too refuse to order it online because like you said, paint apps, but also because with my luck the second I order it it'll show up in stores. It always happens with me.

Agen_Kolar
11-28-2017, 12:21 AM
I live in Santa Clarita and I've also noticed not a single store in or around LA has gotten these. I really want this set but I too refuse to order it online because like you said, paint apps, but also because with my luck the second I order it it'll show up in stores. It always happens with me.

Let me know if you happen to see them around. I'll do the same!

SWfanSean
11-28-2017, 08:01 PM
Let me know if you happen to see them around. I'll do the same!
Awesome, will do!

Strobeeone
11-28-2017, 09:39 PM
The Luke head sculpt is great, just needs the orange hair repainted.

Here it is repainted and on TVC Jedi Luke (VC23)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/77E865F0-8100-4A7A-B7C4-9009669F34CE.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/77E865F0-8100-4A7A-B7C4-9009669F34CE.jpeg)

Also took the head, hands, and hood (cut from robe) from the Emperor and put them on TVC Sidious (VC79).

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/30B6D503-6F21-4367-8412-8A7F69D651BE.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/30B6D503-6F21-4367-8412-8A7F69D651BE.jpeg)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/12B2708A-DF07-41F3-933C-BF054C6B18FC.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/12B2708A-DF07-41F3-933C-BF054C6B18FC.jpeg)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/54C492DF-4AFF-46A5-B091-2455C24259CC.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/54C492DF-4AFF-46A5-B091-2455C24259CC.jpeg)

Cramer
11-29-2017, 09:00 AM
The Luke head sculpt is great, just needs the orange hair repainted.

Here it is repainted and on TVC Jedi Luke (VC23)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/77E865F0-8100-4A7A-B7C4-9009669F34CE.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/77E865F0-8100-4A7A-B7C4-9009669F34CE.jpeg)

Also took the head, hands, and hood (cut from robe) from the Emperor and put them on TVC Sidious (VC79).

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/30B6D503-6F21-4367-8412-8A7F69D651BE.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/30B6D503-6F21-4367-8412-8A7F69D651BE.jpeg)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/12B2708A-DF07-41F3-933C-BF054C6B18FC.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/12B2708A-DF07-41F3-933C-BF054C6B18FC.jpeg)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/54C492DF-4AFF-46A5-B091-2455C24259CC.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/54C492DF-4AFF-46A5-B091-2455C24259CC.jpeg)

love these photos man! Where can I get that window?

YavinTemplePilot
11-29-2017, 09:54 AM
It looks great! I’ve swapped mine onto a VC23 spare body I had. I’m not convinced this new sculpt is better than VC23 but it’s close. Maybe if I can find one with well painted eyes.

This sculpt looks younger, almost like ANH Luke to me.

Strobeeone
11-29-2017, 11:45 AM
love these photos man! Where can I get that window?

Thank you.

It is the Episode VI display piece from Figuarts. It was a limited release (with their Vader) from 2015. If you search
’S.H. Figuarts Episode VI display’ you will get several links that sell it.

YavinTemplePilot
11-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Interesting how is basically perfect scale for 3.75” even though it’s from a 6” line. I’ve looked into it before but it’s pretty pricey.

SaberSonic83
11-29-2017, 04:29 PM
Awesome pics Strobe!

DarthPete
11-29-2017, 05:38 PM
No sign of this set at my local target, glad I picked it up on-line.

YavinTemplePilot
11-29-2017, 10:52 PM
No sign of these locally but I did decide to do my own custom using the Luke from my Target.com order: https://imgur.com/a/lmcxT

Strobeeone
11-30-2017, 12:28 AM
Interesting how is basically perfect scale for 3.75Ē even though itís from a 6Ē line. Iíve looked into it before but itís pretty pricey.

Yes it is. I lucked out and got it on ebay for $25 shortly after it came out. It does work much better for 3.75Ē than 6Ē. I am thinking about adding additional steps to the staircase section (between the steps) to make it work even better.

Strobeeone
11-30-2017, 12:31 AM
That looks great with the tunic. I plan on doing that, as well as an Endor poncho & helmet (hopefully it fits this head) version. Basically updating the heads to previous customs.

Strobeeone
11-30-2017, 12:37 AM
Awesome pics Strobe!

Thank you sir!

I quite enjoy the Palpatine playing ĎSpace Invadersí. Seemed appropriate for some reason.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/863451BE-378A-4942-8EBC-B6FA60FA8189.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/863451BE-378A-4942-8EBC-B6FA60FA8189.jpeg)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/AE589DF0-7D68-48C8-8ECF-5EB4AF6036C9.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/AE589DF0-7D68-48C8-8ECF-5EB4AF6036C9.jpeg)

Snowtrooper1138
11-30-2017, 09:07 AM
My set arrived a few days ago; and I was a little dismayed. Not with the set itself which is amazing; but how it was shipped. The pack was loose in the box, no packing material whatsoever. As a collector who keeps 90% of my stuff in the package; having the package in excellent condition is a big deal for me. Miraculously, the packaging wasn't damaged; but it easily could have been. I'm actually more surprised that it wasn't damaged than I would have been had it been damaged. This was my first time ordering anything from target.com; so I ask is this standard practice from the site? Makes me a tad uneasy about any potential online purchases in the future.

darth_sidious
11-30-2017, 04:37 PM
I ordered one online as well, and it was completely covered in bubble wrap. I then ordered a DVD set (from Target) a few days later and it had the bubble cushion. Perhaps with the holidays, they were temporarily low on supplies? Luckily, this multipack is very sturdy, and not prone to damage like basic figures.

DarkArtist
11-30-2017, 04:40 PM
spotted 2 in Edison NJ. this is one amazing set. finally received mine yesterday and it's simply breathtaking

Snowtrooper1138
11-30-2017, 07:13 PM
I ordered one online as well, and it was completely covered in bubble wrap. I then ordered a DVD set (from Target) a few days later and it had the bubble cushion. Perhaps with the holidays, they were temporarily low on supplies? Luckily, this multipack is very sturdy, and not prone to damage like basic figures.

Plausible, I suppose. I was just alarmed that there wasn't any protection whatsoever in there. It worked out alright in the end this time; here's hoping that when/if I order from target.com again, I'll get some blasted bubble wrap, or at least a sympathy card; lol.

YavinTemplePilot
12-01-2017, 10:20 PM
This Luke sculpt has great potential. I’ve worked on it a bit each day since getting it. Mine had one eyebrow way higher and more curved. I actually removed that one and repainted both and it makes the eyes look better: https://imgur.com/a/VUyxN

The picture on the left has repainted eyebrows to match the hair but they follow the original eyebrows location, the right is the corrected location.

My Emperor is flawless, it’s a shame they couldn’t get Luke as well painted, they also got the skin tone a bit wrong.

Agen_Kolar
12-03-2017, 12:46 AM
I finally got my hands on this here in LA. I know it has been said over and over, but this version of the Emperor is truly great. I see room for improvement only in adding a wash to bring out the detail on his head, and that's the only way this figure could have been better. I'm not complaining though - a wash is an easy thing to apply. Some of you have already done so, and it only makes an already wonderful figure that much better.

Sadly, every Luke I saw tonight had terrible eyes. I do not know what went wrong there. Whenever I find a set with good paint apps, I'll buy it for Luke and for the extra Royal Guard. Then at some point I will customize the extra Palpatine to a seated position, or reuse his head on an existing Palpatine figure from the PT.

I do wish the Royal Guard pikes had paint apps. They are unfortunately just molded silver, with no paint detailing. Oh well.

Still an 8/10 set, and 9.5/10 just for Palpatine.

sfx_5k
12-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Of course... 3 days after I pick up my ship to store order they start to appear in my area. Hey WNY collectors - you're welcome!

I got this set primarily for the Guard, and he's great! With all the focus on new movies I never thought we'd get one in 5POA. Now my OT trooper collection is nearly complete (c'amon Hasbro, give us a Death Star/Imperial Gunner!).

Strobeeone
12-06-2017, 07:43 AM
I did a second custom of the Emperor using mostly previous Palpatine parts, and this set the head (repainted) and the hood cut from the robe.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/6CE865F8-454F-4E14-89F2-62BD856AA1E0.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/6CE865F8-454F-4E14-89F2-62BD856AA1E0.jpeg)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/3F1331AF-C958-446C-92F9-4EE69FEDAA0A.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/3F1331AF-C958-446C-92F9-4EE69FEDAA0A.jpeg)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/4898ABE3-8092-4122-993F-2227E478BB3D.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/4898ABE3-8092-4122-993F-2227E478BB3D.jpeg)

I also did an ERG. I cut the helmet from the cloak and put it on the BS figure. The helmet is a bit undersized, but the glossy dark red looks really nice.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/0F965CEB-28F2-481C-AD7C-60F2319F72E4.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/0F965CEB-28F2-481C-AD7C-60F2319F72E4.jpeg)

Vorax
12-07-2017, 07:28 PM
The head is puny. Its an OK display piece but its an inferior figure when compared to even the 2005 ROTS Royal Guard(which I think is an excellent figure). I do however like the new molded force pike weapon over the TVC/BS version which kinda stinks when even compared to the TVC Senate Guard's version.

YavinTemplePilot
12-07-2017, 07:33 PM
I can’t tell if it’s too small or not, definitely smaller than TVC version. I’m guessing the actual helmets were pretty thin so maybe it shouldn’t be much bigger than a figure’s head.

SaberSonic83
12-07-2017, 07:44 PM
I did a second custom of the Emperor using mostly previous Palpatine parts, and this set the head (repainted) and the hood cut from the robe.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/6CE865F8-454F-4E14-89F2-62BD856AA1E0.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/6CE865F8-454F-4E14-89F2-62BD856AA1E0.jpeg)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/3F1331AF-C958-446C-92F9-4EE69FEDAA0A.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/3F1331AF-C958-446C-92F9-4EE69FEDAA0A.jpeg)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/4898ABE3-8092-4122-993F-2227E478BB3D.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/4898ABE3-8092-4122-993F-2227E478BB3D.jpeg)

I also did an ERG. I cut the helmet from the cloak and put it on the BS figure. The helmet is a bit undersized, but the glossy dark red looks really nice.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/0F965CEB-28F2-481C-AD7C-60F2319F72E4.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/0F965CEB-28F2-481C-AD7C-60F2319F72E4.jpeg)

Def looking good!

Vorax
12-07-2017, 07:45 PM
The head is much smaller than the older ROTS RG/Shadow Guard mold release. The figure itself is a just a teeny bit shorter than the ROTS figure as well. So its proportions are strange.

Maverick10126
12-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Figures have been getting thinner and smaller for a while so no surprise the erg is smaller than past offerings. Even compare this Jedi Luke to the flap down Jedi Luke. You'll see what I mean.

lordtyrannus
12-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Since I can't leave good enough alone, I gave the SA Emperor another overhaul using this Emperor's hands and head, the original Evolutions body and more form fitting cloak, and the ROTS Palpatine hood. I did a wash on the face and hands as well. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171209/5cca396ba1b9ccdd684997e764fd991c.jpg

On another note, Brickseek is still showing this set as in stock in only 22% of stores. It's apparently hit nowhere in SC, NC, or GA yet (if Brickseek is up to date).

DarkArtist
12-11-2017, 09:27 AM
https://i.imgur.com/YywZ9LH.jpg

I just love this set... perhaps my favorite TLJ offering next to the Old Man Luke and the most recent Princess Leia figures.