PDA

View Full Version : Elite Praetorian Guard & FO Executioner 2pack w/Force Link Accessory

GNT
08-31-2017, 09:34 PM
Looks like we'll be seeing a Elite Praetorian Guard and First order Executioner 2 pack with the Force Link device:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4908/medium/elite6.jpgThoughts on this set?

vadersvette
08-31-2017, 10:20 PM
I wonder if that $10 General Mills coupon will work with this...

Kylash327
09-01-2017, 11:55 AM
What store has this exclusive?

TripleZero78
09-01-2017, 12:21 PM
What store has this exclusive?

Toys 'R' Us. Don't know when though.

DarthPete
09-01-2017, 01:08 PM
I only saw the basic Kylo one when I was there.

The_Professor
09-01-2017, 01:17 PM
I was hoping to pick this up last night. I want to play around with one of the wristbands but would love to get these figures instead of that Kylo.

Glitch
09-01-2017, 04:31 PM

That was awesome.

Captain_Piet
09-01-2017, 05:47 PM
This was the only reason I stopped at Toys R Us last night, but was pleasantly surprised to walk out with a free Funko Pop T-shirt and AT-M6 poster instead.

JynForce
09-03-2017, 10:48 PM
I really want this set (though personally I'm disappointed they don't have a single executioner). I thought this would be out this weekend but I guess not

DarkManX
09-03-2017, 11:22 PM
I really want this set (though personally I'm disappointed they don't have a single executioner). I thought this would be out this weekend but I guess not

I definitely want this but I'll have to get it online since the nearest one is an hour and a half away. Will be the first time in years I've bought anything from TRUS.

Dead_Bothan
09-04-2017, 09:55 AM

We are getting a single Executioner with the Black Series 3.75" wave. Better yet, it's no longer a Walmart exclusive!

darth_sidious
09-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Would have preferred the figures in a 2-pack, which are $15, instead of paying an extra $20 for a device I don't want, making it $35. I guess this is another wait-for-clearance item.

Dead_Bothan
09-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Agreed. I don't really care about Forcelink, but I want both pack-in figures.

DarkArtist
09-06-2017, 11:08 AM
We are getting a single Executioner with the Black Series 3.75" wave. Better yet, it's no longer a Walmart exclusive!

it's still a Walmart exclusive till 2018. it's the last wave. the black series one only comes with the axe weapon and not the blasters though.

Atari
09-06-2017, 01:25 PM
I see the weapons are different for this guard, but can't tell if the head is different from the Rey or BB-8 playset versions?

DarkArtist
09-06-2017, 01:28 PM
I see the weapons are different for this guard, but can't tell if the head is different from the Rey or BB-8 playset versions?

looks slightly different. I think the guard with the playset has markings on the mask and this one with the Stormtrooper looks like they are missing. not sure if it's an error or just a very similar looking guard.

https://i.imgur.com/zl62dTu.jpg

RaptorBandito
09-06-2017, 02:29 PM
looks slightly different. I think the guard with the playset has markings on the mask and this one with the Stormtrooper looks like they are missing. not sure if it's an error or just a very similar looking guard.

They're actually different helmets. The upcoming Tamashii nations Figuarts show off the differences a little better. http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/guard24.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/guard24.jpg) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/guard34.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/guard34.jpg) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/guard18.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/guard18.jpg)

vadersvette
09-08-2017, 05:29 PM

I found the cereal with the coupon on it today at Walmart (family size Reeses Puffs). It says save $10 on the starter set, then right underneath it in parenthesis is SKU#C1364. A quick google search shows that is the regular set with Kylo. So it definitely won't work on the TRU exclusive. Oh well, at least these 2 characters are coming in the new BS wave.

I'm off to pick up the regular set, now.

Teedo
09-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Anyone find this set yet?

bob_solo
09-15-2017, 10:23 AM
It's up for pre-order now. Already ordered mine.

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=135584646&irgwc=1&iradidTRU=213036&camp=aff:TRU:10078:Skimbit%20Ltd.&irpidTRU=10078

ZX3
09-16-2017, 09:25 PM
Would have preferred the figures in a 2-pack, which are $15, instead of paying an extra $20 for a device I don't want, making it $35. I guess this is another wait-for-clearance item.
Good luck with that. Toys R Us has a habit of clinging to its exclusives at full price for years.
But if the rumors are true and they declare bankruptcy who knows? They might be clear an investigation everything down to the fixtures soon.

ZX3
09-16-2017, 09:27 PM
Good luck with that. Toys R Us has a habit of clinging to its exclusives at full price for years.
But if the rumors are true and they declare bankruptcy who knows? They might be clear an investigation everything down to the fixtures soon.
*clearancing things down to the fixtures.
Lousy autocorrect.

DarkManX
09-16-2017, 11:41 PM
Got some time to save up for it.

HothHan
09-17-2017, 08:12 AM
Kinda just want the Guard for the helmet and weapon.

Kareth
09-17-2017, 12:03 PM

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Masterfett
09-17-2017, 02:09 PM
I don't know why, that is the weirdest lamest weapon yet me thinks. And the helmet ain't much better.

Surely you could find random helmets elsewhere to put on several SA Guards? Unless you want to stay strictly Canon that is.

So far I've only seen two of their weapons that really look sweet/cool. IDK who decided on the looks for the Helmets, but they should have went more medieval than Disney.

Kareth
09-17-2017, 02:13 PM
I don't know why, that is the weirdest lamest weapon yet me thinks. And the helmet ain't much better.

Surely you could find random helmets elsewhere to put on several SA Guards? Unless you want to stay strictly Canon that is.

So far I've only seen two of their weapons that really look sweet/cool. IDK who decided on the looks for the Helmets, but they should have went more medieval than Disney.

Trying for canon :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HothHan
09-17-2017, 03:57 PM

So far I've only seen two of their weapons that really look sweet/cool. IDK who decided on the looks for the Helmets, but they should have went more medieval than Disney.Just to have SA versions on the canon Guards. I have no interest in making up my own characters or piecing together some weird obsolete EU lackey.

sfx_5k
11-14-2017, 01:58 PM
My local ToysRUs (Cheektowaga, NY - Buffalo area) has these in stock. They had 8 sets as of this afternoon. Too rich for my blood on this visit, perhaps next time.

Bosski
11-22-2017, 12:00 PM
FYI - I tried one of those General Mills cereal coupons and they accepted it at my TRU! Plus I bought it during the 10 off 50 sale with some other toys. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it.

DarkArtist
11-22-2017, 01:11 PM
I was lucky and scored 2 of these for $19.99 each.. The TRU by me mismarked them and put them on the same shelf with the already marked down Kylo Ren set.

Tigersith
11-25-2017, 05:11 AM
Picked this one up at TRU today, actually a really nice looking set!

Atari
11-27-2017, 09:46 AM
I wonder when they will start shipping the online orders?

Darth_Sceptaurus
11-27-2017, 06:00 PM
This was my question. It seems to be that pre-orders should be filled BEFORE stocking shelves, (hence the name PRE-order), or at the very least at the same time. I'm about to call TRU and see what the deal is.

bob_solo
11-27-2017, 11:10 PM
That's what annoys me the most about TRU. I picked up the set a few weeks ago just to be on the safe side in case there was a problem with the orders. But even though they haven't shipped online, thanks to their ridiculous "30-minute-window" policy, I can't just cancel the pre-order I placed and then not worry about it anymore

Vorax
12-02-2017, 09:32 PM
I bought two today at TRU for 24.99 a piece.

darth_sidious
12-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Are they on sale or did you use a coupon or something?

Vorax
12-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Not exactly sure.

sfx_5k
12-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Not exactly sure.

It was more than likely one of their "buy one item, second item 40% off" sales.

Nighthawk
12-27-2017, 03:38 PM
I got this set to get the Praetorian Guard to mod onto the walmart SA version.
https://i.imgur.com/m7i6ApW.jpg

Since I had some extra bootleg FO Stormtroopers that I didn't like, I modded the parts onto the Executioner Stormtrooper. The officer in the picture was a 5 POA one too that had extra articulation added using a bootleg FO Stormtrooper.
https://i.imgur.com/9nZzY1A.jpg

One is the Walmart Black Series one and he other is my modded 5 POA one.
https://i.imgur.com/iXlXhvb.jpg

Dargod
01-02-2018, 12:24 PM
I got this set to get the Praetorian Guard to mod onto the walmart SA version.

Since I had some extra bootleg FO Stormtroopers that I didn't like, I modded the parts onto the Executioner Stormtrooper. The officer in the picture was a 5 POA one too that had extra articulation added using a bootleg FO Stormtrooper.

One is the Walmart Black Series one and he other is my modded 5 POA one.

I'd be interested to see your Praetorian Guard setup, as I am trying to achieve one myself. I'm trying to figure out how many of each guard I need.

JynForce
01-02-2018, 01:56 PM
I'd be interested to see your Praetorian Guard setup, as I am trying to achieve one myself. I'm trying to figure out how many of each guard I need.

It's 3x standard release helmet (2 with single blade and 1 with chain whip), 3x pointy helmet from this set (2 with heavy blade and 1 with chain whip), and 2x visor helmet (both with double blade). I'm trying to get all 8 in the 6" TBS, and I'm halfway there. It's unfortunately impossible to do with 3.75" due to them not having the heavy blade weapon in this scale. Hope that helps

Nighthawk
01-02-2018, 10:12 PM

I only have 4 of them.

Cut and pasted from another thread.

So, I have the four that I wanted. Since they don't have the heavy blade weapon, I'm just sticking with this so they are using all 4 different variants of the weapons currently available.

However, the hands on these guys are so small. I'm scared the one with the straight sword's thumb is going to break cause I slipped and bent his thumb almost 90 degrees back when I was putting the sword in his hand. Wish they made the hands slightly bigger or the other weapons' handles a little smaller.

Here they are. The heads on the 5 POA ones have slightly larger sockets so I had to modify them a little to fit.

https://i.imgur.com/PbmQVTO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/m7i6ApW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gcpZKnU.jpg

HothHan
01-07-2018, 01:12 AM
A little info for those of somehow still struggling to figure out the way the Guard is set up:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/938bbc30374253b6adda033311f6abf7.jpg

Darth_Sceptaurus
01-09-2018, 05:39 PM
After months of waiting, TRU canceled my pre-order on this set. I don't even really care anymore, as I'm not about to pay $50 on ebay. Honestly this line has been a huge let down and kind of pushed me away from active collecting.

darth_sidious
01-09-2018, 09:12 PM
These should be readily available at retail, unless you don't have a store nearby - I saw several on my last visit, but I'm not paying $35 for two figures - waiting for a good sale.

PotatoFighter
01-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Yeah I would get it too, if it weren't for that force link bracelet.

Cmon, hasbro. Stop the gimmicks and give us $5 5POA figures. Advertise more on television and you would be rolling in the money from kids and collectors.

Atari
01-12-2018, 12:40 PM
I received the cancellation email also. I thought Paypal already gave them my money, so I'll have to double check that.

JVM
01-13-2018, 05:14 AM
Grabbed this set a while ago during a sale on all Force Link SW stuff. They pegwarmed for a week and then all seemed to disappear in a day, as if some scalper came in and bought the lot.

Stormtrooper Executioner seems like he can't hold his weapon to me? Kind of disappointing. Glad they included the guns anyway. Appreciated the same with the Praetorian Guard. Two of these guys is enough for me.

Idpullthecurtain
01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
beyond the main characters these are the two figures that encapsulate TLJ. Yet here are two figures that haven't come in the basic lime at all (and which would be among the biggest sellers!). Meanwhile Rose, Hux and Paige clog the pegs....... Jeez Hasbro. Cmon!

Masterfett
01-13-2018, 03:10 PM
Which is sad, because at one time we were so starved of female action figures. So now to see them is such supply is depressing, especially when I have no interest. If they were SA figures, I could have justified multiple purchases for customs etc. But with these, i only need a couple heads to put on the old SA X-Wing bodies.

Idpullthecurtain
01-16-2018, 03:19 AM
Which is sad, because at one time we were so starved of female action figures. So now to see them is such supply is depressing, especially when I have no interest. If they were SA figures, I could have justified multiple purchases for customs etc. But with these, i only need a couple heads to put on the old SA X-Wing bodies.
Rose is out in 3 versions. And that’s more than Rey right? It’s a little weird. Surely Hasbro knew that Praetorian would be a big character? Maybe they didn’t, that’s the only explanation. But actuall it seems like they did because there are several versions, but a basic carded version would make so much sense.

Atari
01-17-2018, 08:26 AM
Saw this at TRU yesterday and picked it up. Now I'm just missing the Walmart SA Praetorian Guard, which I still haven't seen anywhere but Ebay.

PotatoFighter
01-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Is the force link any good?

darth_sidious
04-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Is this being cleared out at TRU? If so, how much is it?

Maverick10126
04-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Is this being cleared out at TRU? If so, how much is it?

In my area, it’s down to $27! What a sale!

PotatoFighter
04-06-2018, 12:50 PM
In my area, it’s down to $27! What a sale!

Woah! Three whole dollars?

BRB buying this set.

darth_sidious
04-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Its normally $35, which feels like a ripoff, I'm hoping for $20 or below - $15 would be ideal, considering I only want the figures, not the device.

PotatoFighter
04-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Its normally $35, which feels like a ripoff, I'm hoping for $20 or below - $15 would be ideal, considering I only want the figures, not the device.

Check your local Wal-Mart, they have the two-packs for $11.00

Nicklab
04-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Check your local Wal-Mart, they have the two-packs for $11.00

This particular 2-pack isn't part of the Star Wars Universe 2-packs. It's the TRU exclusive Force Link set that also includes the Praetorian Guard and Stormtrooper Executioner. It's not available at other chains.

PotatoFighter
04-11-2018, 10:02 AM
This particular 2-pack isn't part of the Star Wars Universe 2-packs. It's the TRU exclusive Force Link set that also includes the Praetorian Guard and Stormtrooper Executioner. It's not available at other chains.
Oh ok, my bad.

darth_sidious
04-13-2018, 05:13 PM
I called a local store - the liquidation is apparently only 10% off? That's not going to drop the price enough for me to buy one. Shame these figures weren't in a normal 2-pack, as I have no desire to own the Force Link.

indysolo007
05-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Picked up one for $10.50 today at a TRU express. For that price it was worth a second one.

ILoveSlaveLeia
05-25-2018, 10:07 PM
I found this one at TRU today for I think $18 or less. I was pretty psyched as I had passed on it previously at TRU and regretted it. Found it stashed several isles away from the Star Wars section!

darth_sidious
07-20-2018, 08:30 AM
Prices for this set are starting to finally drop online, so I ordered one for $20 shipped, and used reward points to pay for it - hard to beat free! ;) I have to be frank - I'm never paying full price for any of these exclusive multipacks again. The original MSRP is a total rip-off, the Force Link device is worth maybe $5 tops - it didn't even come with batteries, lol. I cant recall the last collectible I bought that required batteries, but is it the norm to exclude them?