08-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Canto Bight police vehicle found... https://www.instagram.com/p/BXb2Wx9BJxa/

DarkManX
08-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Canto Bight police vehicle found... https://www.instagram.com/p/BXb2Wx9BJxa/

not real sure about the design. Hopefully Finn doesn't get pulled over

darthsatan
08-06-2017, 01:54 AM
That figure is straight out of Clone Wars. Nice to see an original vehicle - everything else so far has been a gratuitous rehash.

GNT
08-06-2017, 03:23 AM
There's not really much to it honestly, the troopers uniform from the set are pretty sweet looking so I'll pick this up for the figure if the figure doesn't get released separately.

TK_842
08-06-2017, 05:01 AM
Very reminiscent of Mandalorian design. Looks cool... but $30 cool?

Deak_Starkiller
08-06-2017, 08:07 AM
If young Captain Kirk was chased by one of these, maybe he'd consider pulling over (maybe not). :)

Anyway, it certainly looks a bit different since it doesn't look like some future Earth police bike for a change.

RhyYees
08-06-2017, 08:53 AM
I see I'm not the only one who thinks that this officer looks a lot like those Mandalorian police from the Clone Wars. It's a neat-looking vehicle, but I'm going to hold off on buying it until I see what becomes of it in the movie. I still regret picking up that First Order snow speeder on Force Friday.

Maverick10126
08-06-2017, 10:13 AM
But will this even be in the movie....not going for anything like this until after the movie comes out....

MrPhantomMenace
08-06-2017, 10:41 AM
It is just a stupid way to save on packaging....this is gonna cost a lot. People are not dumb. They will wait for stuff like this to be on clearance. It will upset toys stores because their profit margin will be less high and down the road will order less because to them it's not a sound financial risk in the long run.

Masterfett
08-06-2017, 11:44 AM
So is this from TLJ or Rebels? Looks like the latter. Not a bf fan of the design, but it's kind of neat looking in a sense. Seems a bit too vulnerable though. The Pilot looks cool. Not likely to purchase this though.

RaptorBandito
08-06-2017, 11:56 AM
So is this from TLJ or Rebels? Looks like the latter. Not a bf fan of the design, but it's kind of neat looking in a sense. Seems a bit too vulnerable though. The Pilot looks cool. Not likely to purchase this though.

Heh, probably not any more vulnerable than other speeder bikes. This is from TLJ btw. Or at least it's for the Canto Bight planet. Who knows if it will actually be used in an action scene or not. Might just end up like the First Order Snowspeedre or the Jakku Speeder thing and be scene briefly in the background.

Deak_Starkiller
08-06-2017, 12:11 PM
I see I'm not the only one who thinks that this officer looks a lot like those Mandalorian police from the Clone Wars.

LOL, I can even picture the pikes on the speeder rotating upward in landing mode like typical Mandorian vehicles, but it doesn't seem to be that way...oh well, too bad.

I'd be interested to see what the (upcoming) Cross-Sections book has to offer on what practical use the pikes on the speeder are for other than sirens.

EmperorPalpitate
08-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Not feeling the design of this thing. Looks....over-designed, for lack of a better term. I'm ok with the portion that looks like a fusion between a speeder bike and a STAP, but then the design loses me completely with the stripped down TIE Interceptor wings. Oh, well. Canto is looking to be the cliched, obligatory cantina-esque sequence anyways, so I'll probably pass on anything having to do with that whole part of the movie. Well, maybe not the giant cat-horse, heh.

Deak_Starkiller
08-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Canto is supposed to be this upper society class planet so maybe there's either little crime there and/or the police aren't as intimidating looking. I suppose their role there is to maintain a certain level of peace/security on that world and to make sure it stays that way.

Vorax
08-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Reminds me of the Lothal Imperial Speeder crossed with the wing connectors or pylons or whatever they're called of Mining Guild Tie fighter(which was something like the old McQ concept Tie concept with the same skinny wing connectors) but with Interceptor-like shaped wings. Maybe a lil bit of Maul's Bloodfin speeder thrown in as well.

Darth_Broem
08-06-2017, 09:26 PM
At least it is something different for those that like to complain that every thing is a rehash.

saddestmoon
08-07-2017, 12:16 AM
I like the look of this!

Its a reaonably unique looking speeder, and a welcome one for SW (imo).

I'm seriously considering picking this one up! :D

Deak_Starkiller
08-07-2017, 03:15 AM
Saw better pics on Force.net. Those upper pikes look really wicked. I'm probably expecting some parents to call out some potential safety issues with those. We'll see as I'm certain it's passed safety QA, but in that case scenario, we may be staring at something that's not going to hang around that shelf long.

Trooper31
08-07-2017, 03:27 AM
But will this even be in the movie....not going for anything like this until after the movie comes out....

That's my question as well. I skipped the walker thing and the speeder bike from TFA and I'll be skipping this as well. Even if it is in the film, I don't really like the looks of it.

Nerfherder
08-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Hey it's the Debrovnik guys!

DarkArtist
08-07-2017, 11:10 AM
I'm iffy on this one. I might hold off and wait till after the movie comes out to buy this speeder

saddestmoon
08-07-2017, 02:34 PM
I'm betting this speeder will be in the movie for the following reasons: the chase scene in canto bight that's been heavily rumoured. Finn & Rose on a Fathier (space horse), the tuxedo dudes in their speeder, and the CBPD, all in pursuit

My hunch.

RaptorBandito
08-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Small Spoiler warning for those who care.

https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/000263242hr.jpg?w=669 (https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/000263242hr.jpg?w=669)

New pics from Entertainment Weekly. You can see the Speeders in the lower right hand corner.

MyenShi
08-09-2017, 06:52 PM
I'm betting this speeder will be in the movie for the following reasons: the chase scene in canto bight that's been heavily rumoured. Finn & Rose on a Fathier (space horse), the tuxedo dudes in their speeder, and the CBPD, all in pursuit

My hunch.

I'm betting this speeder will be in the movie for the following reason: an analogue to Bespin Cloud Cars.

I hope they can craft a new and interesting story while staying true to the feel of Star Wars. I really do. I don't want a bad Star Wars movie. But so far, I'm a little worried they're trying to create too many parallels to Empire. And that's a dangerous place to be.

Darker tone = ESB

Main characters in separate locations = Main characters in ESB

Resistance attacked = Rebellion attacked on Hoth

Rey training with Luke = Luke training with Yoda

First Order Heavy Walker = AT-AT

Resistance Ski Speeder = Snowspeeder

Crait (white planet) = Hoth

Canto Blight = Cloud City

Canto Blight Police Speeder = Bespin Cloud Car

DarkManX
08-09-2017, 07:28 PM
I'm betting this speeder will be in the movie for the following reason: an analogue to Bespin Cloud Cars.

I hope they can craft a new and interesting story while staying true to the feel of Star Wars. I really do. I don't want a bad Star Wars movie. But so far, I'm a little worried they're trying to create too many parallels to Empire. And that's a dangerous place to be.

Darker tone = ESB

Lot of stretching there.

CHEWIE
08-09-2017, 07:42 PM
I see a lot of potential similarities as well.

Maverick10126
08-09-2017, 08:59 PM
I'll just be happy to move beyond the planet destroying laser. Last two movies, planet destroying laser....

Deak_Starkiller
08-09-2017, 10:00 PM

The description on the back of the speeder's package hints on more screen time compared to the Cloud Cars such a chase scene, but I just hope it's not some sort of comedy relief chase scene to balance out the tone of the movie.

MysterioMaximus
08-09-2017, 10:42 PM

To be honest here...I have no idea how it took so long for someone to finally call this out. I absolutely agree. I instantly said, "Oh so there's a new cloud car too? Original!" The only shocker is one pilot. Knowing the state of Star Wars, at least the mainstream episode installments (not so much the solo films), they'll interlock with each other and become twins. Hah!

Darker tone = ESB

So spot on! I know there’s a giant walker battle on a seemingly desolate planet. I know there’s an awful lot of Jedi training sequences and force monologues. I know there’s a luxury resort portion. I’m fairly certain there will be some large lineage reveal at the climax as the narrative is building toward it. So help me God...if Poe or fin is frozen in some magical space substances, I'll want to walk out.

It's the vast majority of The Force Awakens aping A New Hope all over again.

Lot of stretching there.

If by stretching you actually mean not remotely stretching...and you might be blind...I'd agree.

I’m just waiting for the Episode 9 announcements of a “new” grotesque….turtle…gangster, a primitive tribe of cute little anthropomorphic…cat…aliens, and Starkiller Base II. Oh but it’s not Return of the Jedi, they’re cats! Not bears! See…*rollseyes*

DarkManX
08-09-2017, 11:03 PM
my bad.

Only Hoth can be "white"

Only Cloud City has cops

Hoth is the only planet the bad guys are allowed to attack

Only Luke is allowed to be trained

And everybody has to be in the same room

Next thing they're going to do is have Poe flying an X Wing, which is a complete ripoff of Luke flying an X Wing!

saddestmoon
08-10-2017, 12:24 AM

Darker tone = ESB

Sorry - I should have clarified: I was referring to the question of whether the Speeder was a Hasbro creation, and not actually to appear in the movie itself - ie: inspired - as opposed to the speeder being an official movie vehicle (ie: seen in the movie itself - not just a Hasbro creation).

Similar to how how there were figures / vehicles that Hasbro produced, that didn't actually appear in TFAs, or were barely seen, or ended on the cutting room floor, so to speak eg: Zuvio, FO snow speeder, etc...

Sorry for not being clearer in my post.

MyenShi
08-10-2017, 03:38 AM
To be honest here...I have no idea how it took so long for someone to finally call this out. I absolutely agree. I instantly said, "Oh so there's a new cloud car too? Original!" The only shocker is one pilot. Knowing the state of Star Wars, at least the mainstream episode installments (not so much the solo films), they'll interlock with each other and become twins. Hah!

So spot on! I know there’s a giant walker battle on a seemingly desolate planet. I know there’s an awful lot of Jedi training sequences and force monologues. I know there’s a luxury resort portion. I’m fairly certain there will be some large lineage reveal at the climax as the narrative is building toward it. So help me God...if Poe or fin is frozen in some magical space substances, I'll want to walk out.

It's the vast majority of The Force Awakens aping A New Hope all over again.

Absolutely. Maybe Rey will get frozen in... I don't know, Quantumnite this time. haha. ha... I hope not.

I was actually okay with TFA being more than a little derivative of ANH because I don't mind them playing it safe to bring Star Wars back to the big screen. I'm not one of those people who foam at the mouth saying TFA is a ripoff of ANH, though I hoped that they'd try to push more boundaries with VIII and IX. And who knows - maybe they'll deliver something that feels really new and exciting.

But there are clear visual cues and tonal beats they're taking from Empire. Multiple sources have said they wanted this to be a darker film. And it's true - the middle chapter of a trilogy tends to be naturally darker. The heroes struggle, so they can rise up again. That's fine. But some of the things we're seeing seems to be a bit too on the nose in creating parallels with Empire.

Trooper31
08-10-2017, 04:18 AM
I see a lot of potential similarities as well.

I guess we only need somebounty hunters then.

Billy_Ray
08-10-2017, 06:18 AM
Gotta say, this thing looks kind of cool to me and I am really digging the figure.

MysterioMaximus
08-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Absolutely. Maybe Rey will get frozen in... I don't know, Quantumnite this time. haha. ha... I hope not.

I was actually okay with TFA being more than a little derivative of ANH because I don't mind them playing it safe to bring Star Wars back to the big screen. I'm not one of those people who foam at the mouth saying TFA is a ripoff of ANH, though I hoped that they'd try to push more boundaries with VIII and IX. And who knows - maybe they'll deliver something that feels really new and exciting.

But there are clear visual cues and tonal beats they're taking from Empire. Multiple sources have said they wanted this to be a darker film. And it's true - the middle chapter of a trilogy tends to be naturally darker. The heroes struggle, so they can rise up again. That's fine. But some of the things we're seeing seems to be a bit too on the nose in creating parallels with Empire.

Brother, we're like minded! That status I wrote I mentioned...I wrote nearly the SAME thing! I wrote this in there too:
"I said coming out of The Force Awakens that...while I loved it no one can truthfully deny it's a safe, predominately ball-less (outside of one or two scenes), and recycled script. I said I can live with that...so long as Episode 8 is not going down that same "safe" path and retreading The Empire Strikes Back.

Star Wars needed to establish it was back. This is not the prequels; it needed to bring an audience hope to the many bitter, considering recent times an abysmal era for the franchise...and what better way to do so then return to the roots? Hence the predominate rehashing of A New Hope. I believe it achieved that goal...a goal that was sadly unavoidable when looking at the critical state of the saga at that time. They had to do it! So I forgave them and enjoyed the ride. Like J.J. and Disney said: “Here’s your nostalgia…we proved ourselves, you can believe in us again. Now can we tell our story?”

So I followed-up to my fellow friends that the only way it will stay forgiven is simply if they did that to establish a majorities faith in the franchise back and follow-up with a highly unique and innovative script. Lead these new characters on a new, distinctive road unseen before."

Now I get that some beats are general. Darker tone doesn't mean copying Empire, for example. It's a middle chapter, like said, they're always the down beat one. The struggle! But I'm seeing things that are so derivative it has me worried. Things that seem too similar. It's one thing to have a ground battle. It's another to have a ground battle with air speeders fighting walkers on seemingly a snow planet. If they bust out tow cables, I'll be livid!

Now my dad (of all people) proposed an idea that gave me some hope (and may you too). Maybe the trailer is just focusing on generalized things that make it LOOK like Empire PURELY for marketing purposes. People love Empire, it'll put butts in the seat, and perhaps it's actually fairly different with a few derivatives - which I don't inherently have an issue with. I'm fine with things rhyming occasionally, but not so fine with outright unoriginal. So...*fingers crossed*...here's hoping!

Coreworld
08-10-2017, 07:25 AM
For all the people who endlessly complain about TFA being a remake of ANH, why not channel that obvious wellspring of original ideas you have into a screenplay? I mean now we have people saying TLJ is a remake of Empire a whole freaking four months out from its release! Sorry if this comes across as annoyed but I made the mistake of visiting Jedi Temple Archives and caught the latest diatribe from Mr.Harrison concerning the story developments for Luke in TLJ, yes, we get it Paul, you don't like TFA,but guess what? Some of us actually do and are looking forward to the latest chapter. Grrr, rant over.

MysterioMaximus
08-10-2017, 08:13 AM
For all the people who endlessly complain about TFA being a remake of ANH, why not channel that obvious wellspring of original ideas you have into a screenplay? I mean now we have people saying TLJ is a remake of Empire a whole freaking four months out from its release! Sorry if this comes across as annoyed but I made the mistake of visiting Jedi Temple Archives and caught the latest diatribe from Mr.Harrison concerning the story developments for Luke in TLJ, yes, we get it Paul, you don't like TFA,but guess what? Some of us actually do and are looking forward to the latest chapter. Grrr, rant over.

I'm sorry, Master, I apologize. I forgot us peons aren't allowed to express an opinion that you don't share. Oh! My Goodness! Your highness, I know your persona is so fragile that seeing another persons opinion can wound how you view it...I should have thought first! I am deeply sorry, my lord!

Pssh! Get over yourself, *****! It's truly pathetic that you actually CARE. Because I don't give to ***** what you think at all. And never will. But please, continue your whining...it is rather amusing.

Coreworld
08-10-2017, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry, Master, I apologize. I forgot us peons aren't allowed to express an opinion that you don't share. Oh! My Goodness! Your highness, I know your persona is so fragile that seeing another persons opinion can wound how you view it...I should have thought first! I am deeply sorry, my lord!

Pssh! Get over yourself, *****! It's truly pathetic that you actually CARE. Because I don't give to ***** what you think at all. And never will. But please, continue your whining...it is rather amusing.

So...I'm guessing you didn't like TFA either? Lol!

MysterioMaximus
08-10-2017, 11:50 AM
So...I'm guessing you didn't like TFA either? Lol!

I loved it actually, despite it undeniably being recycled from ANH. I explained why up above as to why I can forgive TFA for rehashing, but not so much The Last Jedi. My point is this: You say "Guess what? Some of us actually do and are looking forward to the latest chapter. Grrr, rant over." I say...guess what? Some of us actually don't like some of these films and are concerned going forward to the latest chapter. Get over it! People are entitled to say that just as much as you are entitled to say how you feel about it. You don't have to like it...but don't whine that they're "ruining the experience for you," that's just pathetic that you'd care that much about the differing opinion of someone you neither know nor will ever know. Grow up, it's a free country! One of the most obnoxious and juvenile things you can possibly say to me, a journalist, is to say what others can or cannot say based off your feelings. Particularly over something that's just a movie.

my_kind_of_scum
08-10-2017, 01:24 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/20170810_113704.jpg ('http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/20170810_113704.jpg') http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/20170810_113710.jpg ('http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/20170810_113710.jpg')

Saw this in Kmart today. Couldn't purchase, though, as register blocked it.

Deak_Starkiller
08-10-2017, 01:54 PM
I couldn't help but notice on what looks to be like vaporators on the box art.

darthsatan
08-10-2017, 02:15 PM
I really dislike that figure.

Alot of the designs for this film are pretty unmaginative or feel like they don't belong somehow.

darthsatan
08-10-2017, 02:16 PM
me, a journalist,

:grin: Do you write for Angry Today ?

RaptorBandito
08-10-2017, 03:17 PM
I really dislike that figure.

Alot of the designs for this film are pretty unmaginative or feel like they don't belong somehow.

It's actually an homage to an unused McQuarrie design.

my_kind_of_scum
08-10-2017, 04:31 PM
I think that the character/costume looks good, but the figure does not. Non-removable helmet sculpted too tightly/small on the head, poor face sculpt/heavy & thick skin paint, T-crotch cuts through the lower shirt, low detail, particularly in the arms and legs... If you look at this compared to some of the single carded figures, it looks like a completely different toy line.

Not to mention that this should have been one of the points where Hasbro added articulation (or sculpted the figure in flight position through that would have been a worse mess...) as the character can't pilot the vehicle how it is shown in the images...

Masterfett
08-10-2017, 07:54 PM
It's actually an homage to an unused McQuarrie design.
Doesn't mean everything of his was Gold, There have been a few designs by him I didn't care for.

I can't help it that they used everything good in the OT, and what's left for the ST to "Homage" is less than stellar. :grin:
That's what new ideas are for.

Now, I'm not speaking to this figure in particular. As I think it's okay, but agree that it should be an SA version. Because I can see potential in it, especially with a removable helmet. I love the gadget on his belt.

Captain_Piet
08-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Just curious, whereabouts?

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/20170810_113704.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/20170810_113704.jpg) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/20170810_113710.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/20170810_113710.jpg)

Saw this in Kmart today. Couldn't purchase, though, as register blocked it.

my_kind_of_scum
08-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Casper Wyoming.

Nicklab
08-10-2017, 09:25 PM
You can actually see at least four of these speeders in a shot of Canto Bight that's featured in the new EW article on THE LAST JEDI (https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/000263242hr_full-length.jpg)

Deak_Starkiller
08-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Is that a police station or the casino itself? If that's the latter (which I think it is), they take their security kinda seriously.

Trooper31
08-11-2017, 12:10 AM
I think that the character/costume looks good, but the figure does not. Non-removable helmet sculpted too tightly/small on the head, poor face sculpt/heavy & thick skin paint, T-crotch cuts through the lower shirt, low detail, particularly in the arms and legs... If you look at this compared to some of the single carded figures, it looks like a completely different toy line.

Not to mention that this should have been one of the points where Hasbro added articulation (or sculpted the figure in flight position through that would have been a worse mess...) as the character can't pilot the vehicle how it is shown in the images...

I agree. The costume looks cool, but the figure is a big fail. I'm not really struck by this speeder. It seems a bit too flimsy and doesn't really seem to protect the driver.

However, I'm happy that it is in the film or at least in that shot it can be seen.

TK_842
08-11-2017, 03:54 AM
...It seems a bit too flimsy and doesn't really seem to protect the driver...

Well, neither do motorcycles or quads in real life. This speeder looks a lot like a hovering quad to me.

Trooper31
08-11-2017, 03:58 AM
Well, neither do motorcycles or quads in real life. This speeder looks a lot like a hovering quad to me.

True, very true. Maybe it will grow on me once somebody can post pics.

Is this speeder in the same wave as the A-Wing or are they coming in solid cases?

MysterioMaximus
08-11-2017, 05:23 AM
:grin: Do you write for Angry Today ?

HA! You know my work well. Sorry to have derailed. He pressed my red button. =P

The Police Speeder certainly is a funky design. Fairly unique, even if it is essentially performing the function of a cloud car. I'm not going to fall victim to any ship purchases until I see the film though. I learned the hard way with TFA. Lord knows how many of these will actually feature screen time beyond a few seconds!

TK_842
08-11-2017, 05:38 AM
True, very true. Maybe it will grow on me once somebody can post pics.

Is this speeder in the same wave as the A-Wing or are they coming in solid cases?

I'd guess they are coming in mixed cases. Solid cases are usually coming later on to adjust stocks depending on slow/fast sellers.

RaptorBandito
08-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Ya, they are coming in mixed cases. I was able to see these in person at a Kmart a couple of days ago, and can confirm they are shipped in the same case. Unfortunately the register blocked me from buying them, other wise I would have some detailed pics for you all. :hmm:

Trooper31
08-11-2017, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the info, guys. Are they packed 2x per case or do they have cases of 3 ships, (1x one ship and 2x the other ship)? If it's an uneven case pack, then I hope there are more A-Wings.

activistfangirl
08-16-2017, 12:45 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/s6i6zUQ.jpg

darthsatan
08-16-2017, 01:06 PM
This is a cool Mini Rig with a crap figure.

saddestmoon
08-16-2017, 04:39 PM
On my list to pickup! :)

I think I might customise the figure a little...

Nerfherder
08-16-2017, 04:56 PM
Here is a leaked photo from the Debrovnik shoot of these police officers.

https://stormtrooperlarry.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/star-wars-honor-guard.jpg?w=474

Masterfett
08-16-2017, 06:16 PM
It's the reverse for me.

The ship reminds me of those old craft books, where you make ships and figure out of paper/cardboard. :grin:

Maverick10126
08-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Still a big no for me.

Deak_Starkiller
08-16-2017, 10:05 PM

Or one of the concept vehicles from the POTF2 'Expanded Universe' line, including the look of the figure.

DarkManX
08-16-2017, 11:44 PM
Liking it better now that I've seen a pic of it out of box. Digging the sticker look on the wings

Trooper31
08-18-2017, 05:35 AM
Still a big no for me.

For me as well. I guess maybe in the film it might do something cool, but I just don't like the design.

Nerdherfer
08-18-2017, 06:39 AM
I get the concept mini-rig feel from this. Something seen "just off camera". I like the look of the characters and they probably look good just standing around, so the figure would work. If the speeder is in the film and does some impressive moves I may geek out and buy. Otherwise it can wait well into next year.

Nerdherfer
08-18-2017, 06:48 AM
You can actually see at least four of these speeders in a shot of Canto Bight that's featured in the new EW article on THE LAST JEDI (https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/000263242hr_full-length.jpg)
Nice find!

coeli
08-22-2017, 05:22 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/s6i6zUQ.jpg
This looks more like it would be in TRON than Star Wars.

Deak_Starkiller
08-22-2017, 07:56 AM
Lucasfilm is getting inspiration from McQuarrie AND Syd Mead. :P Actually, when you think about it, the clean and futuristic look is a contrast to the original dirty and gritty look of the Star Wars models of old given Canto Bight's high class status. Then I suppose the other alternative would be to get inspiration from Hanna-Barbara regarding futuristic looking vehicles. :D

Masterfett
08-22-2017, 04:49 PM
You know when i first saw the listing for this guy, I read his last name as Blight. So thought cool, they made figure of Blight. But I haven't seen hi m around in a while!

Nighthawk
08-24-2017, 01:45 PM
So for fellow Canadians here, this and the A-Wing will be $44.97 each at Walmart.

BoomTrooper
08-27-2017, 01:12 PM

Yeah, it does. Not impressed. The pic of the troopers shows they'll look cooler on screen that in figure form.

my_kind_of_scum
09-02-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm kind of surprised how well this is selling in my area. I've seen the A-wing in several stores but no sign of these so far.

mandalore9998
09-03-2017, 06:50 AM
So for fellow Canadians here, this and the A-Wing will be $44.97 each at Walmart.

Yeah,
the prices here really suck when it comes to vehicles. Worse are the prices for the Tie Silencer ($74.99 down to $56.17 at TRU until Sept.10th and $69.99 at Walmart) and the Ski speeder ($59.99 down to $44.97 at TRU until Sept.10th and $59.99 at Walmart). The boosted X-wing at TRU is the worst ($79.99 down to $59.97 until Sept.10th).

I've stopped buying vehicles and have switched to the Hot Wheels Star Ships. At least most of the new vehicles from TLJ have been released so far and they're great for space saving.

DarkArtist
09-06-2017, 09:08 AM
picked this up over the weekend. it's an interesting design and ship. not sure how it plays out in TLJ though. kinda reminds me of the old Kenner EU inspired vehicles from the 80's and 90's like the beloved Cruise Trooper Missile :D

66diorama66
09-10-2017, 08:17 AM
I went through the thread and saw no mention of this so here is my question.
The Canto Police Speeder I bought has the police officers voice in the speeder and the speeder's sounds in the figure.
Has anyone else experienced this?

DarkArtist
09-11-2017, 09:09 AM
The Canto Police Speeder I bought has the police officers voice in the speeder and the speeder's sounds in the figure.

my figure has a few lines of dialogue and I believe a blaster sound. the speeder has spoken dialogue as well

Atari
09-11-2017, 10:02 AM

No problems with the one I picked up at Toys R Us.

DarkManX
09-11-2017, 02:53 PM
picked this up over the weekend. it's an interesting design and ship. not sure how it plays out in TLJ though. kinda reminds me of the old Kenner EU inspired vehicles from the 80's and 90's like the beloved Cruise Trooper Missile :D

The Cruise Missle Trooper was the greatest toy ever. It makes the BMF look like a child pornographer.

HothHan
09-11-2017, 05:39 PM
I loved the Cruise Missile Trooper and it's one of my sons most played with Star Wars toys.

DarkArtist
09-12-2017, 09:18 AM
The Cruise Missle Trooper was the greatest toy ever. It makes the BMF look like a child pornographer.

lol :p :p that brought a serious smile to my face

Nerdherfer
09-12-2017, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised since Tron design concepts are Disney assetts. I really wish George Lucas was onboard with the design focus. Obviously he wasn't a concept artist, but he got their best out of them, or at least got "Star Wars" out of them. I'm sure someone would disagree, because praising George Lucas for anything is controversial, but they'd be just plain wrong.

Dead_Bothan
09-12-2017, 02:25 PM
I like it. It reminds me of a Ralph McQuarrie drawing.

DarkArtist
09-13-2017, 07:24 AM
it does have a very Tron like / Blade Runner feel to it.

JediDelight
12-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Currently going for $9.97 on Amazon. That's 67% off.

Cramer
12-11-2017, 07:59 AM
Currently going for $9.97 on Amazon. That's 67% off.

And I thought I'd never buy it. Can't resist $10 tho.

Nerdherfer
12-11-2017, 12:34 PM
So was the CMT some sort of cyborg AT-AT pilot attached to the missile? Because he had no legs man.

●●●●

JediDelight
12-11-2017, 07:58 PM
So was the CMT some sort of cyborg AT-AT pilot attached to the missile? Because he had no legs man.

●●●●

He's what you call a dedicated figure.

Masterfett
12-11-2017, 08:55 PM
I'm tempted, just for the helmet and the belt. But $10 is still too much for 5POA parts. Same reason i haven't bit on the A-Wing, as I only want Tallie figure.

Darth_Sceptaurus
12-13-2017, 06:28 AM
Currently going for $9.97 on Amazon. That's 67% off.Do you have a link? Mine is coming up $18.99

KypDurron420
12-13-2017, 07:42 PM
This is a terrible vehicle design. The figure is neat though. Looks like a TCW version of a Cloud Car pilot to me.

But that vehicle though...bleh. For me it's those "wings". They look awful.

I'd get one and remove the wannabe TIE wings. :{h

Nerdherfer
12-13-2017, 08:38 PM
I agree. It's like the worst mini rig ever thought of brought to life. But we will see in a day or two.

Imagine seeing this brought to life.. I think I might geek out just a little.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171214/f621d4f3322c6c853185a73f6ed44c1c.jpg

●●●●

KypDurron420
12-13-2017, 08:45 PM
Yeah definitely. I'd rather have that Droids vehicle than the Canto Bight Police Speeder. :{J