PDA

View Full Version : Maul and Qui-Gon 2 Pack

GNT
07-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Habro will be releasing a Maul and Qui-Gon 2 pack in the 5POA line.

Any thoughts on this figure? Who's purchasing it?

DarthPete
07-21-2017, 10:30 PM
Qui-Gon is a pretty solid looking sculpt, even if it is only 5(6?)POA.

Maverick10126
07-21-2017, 10:33 PM
That qui-gon does look pretty great. For as much as I've unloaded my prequel stuff there always seems to be room for a qui-gon.

Deak_Starkiller
07-22-2017, 12:40 AM
Meh, they did a battle pack a couple of years ago when Hasbro starting tinkering with 5POA.

jim
07-22-2017, 01:06 AM
Dear Qui-Gon
I'm going to customize you

This head + hands + tvc body = definitive jedi master

darth_sidious
07-22-2017, 03:06 PM
Both figures look great, I like the removable cloak for Maul, like the Evolutions figure sported. This is just an oddball release at this time...

Maverick10126
07-22-2017, 04:27 PM
I still have an episode 1 naboo qui-gon robe. I may throw that on this guy, paint the arms and call it a day.

DarkArtist
07-24-2017, 07:56 AM
the headsculpt on Qui Gon looks amazing. I'm in

TJapes
07-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Qui-Gon looks excellent. For all their limitations, the 5POA figures have routinely excelled at Jedi... Maul looks a little goofy, but I'll happily revise that opinion on seeing further pictures.

Nerfherder
07-25-2017, 10:00 AM
Gotta love a thread about a newly shown toy without any pictures of said toy. I'll assume it looks good. :P

Billy_Ray
07-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Pics are available on the main RS page and, you know, elsewhere on the internet....but here you go courtesy of Toy Ark:

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/SDCC-2017-Hasbro-Star-Wars-3.75-Inch-019.jpg

lordtyrannus
07-25-2017, 01:39 PM
These are the best head sculpts I've seen of these two. I'll transplant them on the SA figures.

I LOVE Maul's robe as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Masterfett
07-25-2017, 08:16 PM
Same here, been waiting for decent Qui-Gon sculpt. Almost got the one for TPM3D release but never found it. Also hoping Maul's robes are somewhat pliable to use elsewhere.

Billy_Ray
07-25-2017, 10:01 PM
I always liked the sculpt on the 5POA Qui-Gon with the light up saber. I put that on an SA body and am pretty happy with it. I'll have to see this one in person, but it looks very similar. The Obi-Wan was pretty good as well:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/IMG_05065.JPG http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/IMG_05077.JPG

Masterfett
07-26-2017, 10:53 PM
yeah, those are the heads I'm talking about. But I never found them, always found plenty of Anakin though...

Vorax
07-27-2017, 03:05 PM
A similar Obi head was found in one of the mini-rig sets I believe, I think the MTT Droid Fighter set.

The cloak on the Maul figure looks good, but the sabers look like crap now.

TJapes
07-27-2017, 03:09 PM
A similar Obi head was found in one of the mini-rig sets I believe, I think the MTT Droid Fighter set.

The cloak on the Maul figure looks good, but the sabers look like crap now.

The sample figures used in these displays often have shonky weapons. I doubt these would ship with warped lightsabers like that... but then the TFA vehicles had their share of warpage, so who knows? :\

Vorax
07-27-2017, 03:16 PM
The 5 POA seem to appear to all now lack the ignited flame-like effect near the emitter and they went back to the old style of making the bland smooth bladed lightsaber seein in the TPM and previous lines.

DarkArtist
07-28-2017, 06:49 AM
The 5 POA seem to appear to all now lack the ignited flame-like effect near the emitter and they went back to the old style of making the bland smooth bladed lightsaber seein in the TPM and previous lines.

I miss those lightsabers myself.. I also miss the add on features that Hasbro packed with the Saga / AOTC line like saber deflect and blaster shot effects... I think those would be a great pack-in for the 5POA figures

Deak_Starkiller
07-28-2017, 09:37 AM
Remains to be seen if Hasbro will revisit that, being considered a 'been there, done that' sort of deal. I'm just seeing a whole 're-Kenner-ization' of the entire SW figure line with the 5POA approach w/o all the gimmicky stuff sprinkled in.

But hey, there's always the planetary map poster inserts (or in this modern day and age, downloads)! :)

DarkArtist
07-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Remains to be seen if Hasbro will revisit that, being considered a 'been there, done that' sort of deal. I'm just seeing a whole 're-Kenner-ization' of the entire SW figure line with the 5POA approach w/o all the gimmicky stuff sprinkled in.

But hey, there's always the planetary map poster inserts (or in this modern day and age, downloads)! :)

if we are going with a whole re-Kenner-ization thing than I want Hasbro to bring back the 1984 POTF Collector coins again. I loved getting these during the TAC Collection

ReturnoftheJedi
07-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Pics are available on the main RS page and, you know, elsewhere on the internet....but here you go courtesy of Toy Ark:

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/SDCC-2017-Hasbro-Star-Wars-3.75-Inch-019.jpg

Right now, I feel like listening to Duel of the Fates. This brings back a lot of memories for me.

Vorax
07-30-2017, 09:41 AM
Kinda look like scaled down replicas of the 6 inch BS versions, and without all the articulation.

Nicklab
07-30-2017, 11:20 AM
The paint apps look really good. But there always seems to be some disparity in the quality of paint apps we saw in figures that are displayed at Comic Con and what we actually get at retail.

DarthPete
09-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Any educated guesses as to when this set might start popping up?

lumat
09-26-2017, 05:37 PM
this will be an immediate buy for me. i hate 5poa but i will definitely buy this. the maul is terrific and the qui gon is the best i face sculpt ever. its just a shame they have to be statues like that and cant be action posed

YavinTemplePilot
09-26-2017, 07:34 PM
Yeah, if the mail looks half as good as the Qui-Gon head sculpt then I’ll be getting this just to do a head swap on SA figures.

indysolo007
09-27-2017, 01:32 PM
With the limited articulation it will be less of a force point/wave hand and more of a "pull my finger" look

DarthPete
09-27-2017, 02:40 PM
With the limited articulation it will be less of a force point/wave hand and more of a "pull my finger" look

Lol. Well I guess I'm never going to be able to un-see that now.

indysolo007
09-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Lol. Well I guess I'm never going to be able to un-see that now.

Now picture it in the Liam Neeson voice, you're welcome.

Idpullthecurtain
09-28-2017, 07:01 AM
I dont buy much PT stuff. But this might be one I'll get. It looks lovely.

DarthPete
09-28-2017, 07:22 AM

Well we don't know what the forcelink says yet, so... could well be...

DarkManX
09-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Well we don't know what the forcelink says yet, so... could well be...

I've been led to understand that Trix are exclusively for children, is that correct?

indysolo007
09-28-2017, 02:44 PM
I've been led to understand that Trix are exclusively for children, is that correct?

Not to veer us off topic even more but check out his bit on the Tv show Life's Too Short with Warwick Davis (see it is SW related!). Comic genius.

lumat
09-28-2017, 03:51 PM

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

indysolo007
09-28-2017, 06:37 PM
That would be a great parody video, take your forcelink and play audio from other movie lines and send it to Hasbro. A force link Mace would be the most bleeped.

DarkManX
09-28-2017, 09:55 PM
That would be a great parody video, take your forcelink and play audio from other movie lines and send it to Hasbro. A force link Mace would be the most bleeped.

Luke could have Joker or *********** lines

DarkManX
09-28-2017, 09:56 PM
sheesh, wasn't that bad a word lol. C.o.ck Knocker from Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back

indysolo007
09-29-2017, 08:03 AM
Leia = Blues brothers
Luke = Jay and Silent Bob
Mace = Snakes on a Plane and Pulp Fiction or Django (let's face it, limitless possibilities)
Poe = Ex Machina
Hux = Ex Machina
Obi Wan (Ewan) = Trainspotting

Wookieman26
09-29-2017, 11:51 PM
Anyone know when this set will hit? I am really pumped for it!

Hyperdrive
09-30-2017, 04:53 AM
Duel of the fates is one of my primary collection focus areas. These two figures are stunning. Over the past 3 years the 5poa line has surprisingly won it's way into my heart. You can almost never go wrong with static poses. If HASBRO intends to keep the 5 POA line moving forward I have a few recommendations:

-follow through with figures who have removable headgear. Not every figure but if it makes sense and we see a face under a helmet- COME ON- it should be a removable helmet and don't talk to me about cost. HASBRO adds gigantic stupid spring loaded gadgets to basic 5 POA figures so yeah- you can make that helmet removable

- quality paint application. I am a customizer, and know what I am doing with paint- but I don't want to touch up every single figure I own, particularly if I intend to keep it carded!!!!

- quality plastics for weapons! You put all of this detail into what appears to be a movie accurate weapon- and then pour jell-o into the mold. What gives? Use some $&%}+#+% good plastic.

- how about a vintage- ish card back. I understand that the true "vintage" style card backs are reserved for premium figures, but how about a classic - vintage Star Wars style vibe- double racing stripes, star field , Vader head, something that doesn't look like a Nickelodeon game show merchandise.

Just my 2cents

Idpullthecurtain
09-30-2017, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=Hyperdrive;20004748] I understand that the true "vintage" style card backs are reserved for premium figures[ /QUOTE]

but I don't understand why. And I don't think they should be.

Hyperdrive
09-30-2017, 04:32 PM
My guess would be- If HASBRO can charge $13-$15 for a vintage style figure, the $7-$9 5POA line feels Like value for the money. Han said it best ""it's all a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense"

lumat
11-09-2017, 07:49 AM
has there been any information on release dates for this

DSIILuke
11-09-2017, 12:43 PM
I’ve yet to see anything regarding the release of this set. I’d imagine early 2018 if not next month, and I feel we would have seen or heard something if it were going to be in time for the holidays. I suppose it’s still early, however I was under the impression the Target ROTJ 3 pack was going to hit Nov 1 and it’s the 9th already and we’ve yet to see or hear about anything hitting state side.

DarkArtist
11-13-2017, 10:40 AM
I'm thinking this will hit in 2018 or perhaps an extremely late Holiday rush item in December (maybe dropped a few days before the movie is released)

Idpullthecurtain
11-14-2017, 03:12 AM
I never expected PT product to become quite so sparse. I am not a PT buyer, but these two do look great.

DarkArtist
11-14-2017, 09:38 AM
I never expected PT product to become quite so sparse. I am not a PT buyer, but these two do look great.

I think after the 2012 debacle with the TPM 3D clogging the pegs, Hasbro has been sparse with PT merchandise. I like all things SW so I'm good for OT, PT and ST merchandise as well as anthology movies and TV too

Maverick10126
11-16-2017, 08:19 AM

I think they realized back during ROTS that the fans weren't responding to prequel imagery. Outside of the toys most of the generic products (t-shirts, cereal boxes etc) had Yoda, Darth Vader or Chewbacca. Yes they were the prequel versions but really it was the OT images.

The PT toys had their day and they have since faded.

That being said I do want this set. I've always liked qui-gon despite his character being little more than the beard he wears.