PDA

View Full Version : Luke with Wampa

GNT
07-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Hasbro will be releasing a new Luke with Wampa most likely in the TLJ packaging.

Any thoughts on this set?

Otter
07-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Pretty keen. Especially if there is a tauntaun to follow.

Otter
07-21-2017, 06:02 PM
Though I could do without the blood.

Masterfett
07-21-2017, 06:05 PM
Well, I've been wanting a new Wampa for some time. Sadly it's in the wrong line..

SGT_A
07-21-2017, 06:50 PM
Well, I've been wanting a new Wampa for some time. Sadly it's in the wrong line..

It's a scaled down version of TBS 6" Wampa, fully articulated

DarkManX
07-21-2017, 09:06 PM
looks pretty good. The hoth wave is gonna make a lot of money off me.

Maverick10126
07-21-2017, 10:26 PM
The wampa looks pretty good but I already have the Saga one which I love. Tough call. Is that Luke the same as the MS Luke sculpt? I can't tell....legs look slightly different.

I know it's not SA but I still prefer the MS sculpt over TVC sculpt. For starters he's the correct height.

Deak_Starkiller
07-22-2017, 12:43 AM
Wampa: "Hey look at me, I'm a couple of inches taller than the rest of you and I get super articulation treatment!"

jim
07-22-2017, 12:58 AM
I'm not convinced the extractable arm, but I'll buy it for sure. It will be perfect next to my luke and tauntaun of TVC

http://www.rebelscum.com/2017-San-Diego-Comic-Con/San-Diego-Comic-Con-2017-Star-Wars-Hasbro-Friday/San-Diego-Comic-Con-2017-Star-Wars-Hasbro-Friday-030.jpg

Deak_Starkiller
07-22-2017, 01:32 AM
Unless the pin connecting the elbow to the bicep is easily pulled away (not really the same thing though). I don't know, Disney might have this ethic with dismemberment nowadays.

Jaeger45
07-22-2017, 05:10 AM
Looks great! I wish it was packed separately from 5poa Luke though. Donate after opening.

No no disrespect to the sculptor, I'm just not into 5poa when there are better options.

expedestrians
07-22-2017, 05:36 AM
Anyone know what the price point will be on this. Seems to be inbetween the standard 2-packs and the creature pack (Rathtar)

mandalore9998
07-22-2017, 05:41 AM
Anyone know what the price point will be on this. Seems to be inbetween the standard 2-packs and the creature pack (Rathtar)

There's the possibility that it can be packaged in the same sized box as the Rathtar. It just needs to be packed sideways.

Sybeck1
07-22-2017, 06:33 AM
Wampa is the only buy of the show. Surprised they didn't hold for vintage packaging for it. The little stick man will be thrown in the trash though

Deak_Starkiller
07-22-2017, 07:12 AM
Looks great! I wish it was packed separately from 5poa Luke though. Donate after opening.

No no disrespect to the sculptor, I'm just not into 5poa when there are better options.

But I'm just betting there's going to be a 5POA Tautaun in the works, complete with figure hatch and fake legs on saddle, Hasbro-style!

Masterfett
07-22-2017, 11:02 AM
It's a scaled down version of TBS 6" Wampa, fully articulated
Great news! I stumbled upon a pic of it later, and it does look good. I'm glad they went this route, seems a nice blending of the two lines.
Hope they can keep this trend for other figures :whistling: Krell :whistling:

darth_sidious
07-22-2017, 03:04 PM
The Wampa looks great, but they just released a 5 POA HOTH Luke a few years ago - not happy about that choice. I would have preferred a random Hoth Rebel over Luke at this point.

Vatta
07-22-2017, 05:32 PM
Wampa is the only buy of the show. Surprised they didn't hold for vintage packaging for it. The little stick man will be thrown in the trash though

When I first heard there was a new Wampa yesterday, I immedately thought it must be TVC. How awesome would that have been in a Kenner box. Oh well, missed opportunity for Hasbro there. But I'll still get one, I hadn't gotten the last Wampa and had been holding out hoping they would give it a proper update.

Masterfett
07-22-2017, 09:49 PM
When I first heard there was a new Wampa yesterday, I immedately thought it must be TVC. How awesome would that have been in a Kenner box. Oh well, missed opportunity for Hasbro there.
Or not, you know how thy like repacks. This figure has the ability to be in some multipack with some Hoth Rebels, I'm thinking Echo Base deleted scene. lol
Honestly, this guy screams cave dio. If Hasbro did that sort of thing.

While I think some other fogure that Luke would ahe been more appealing. You have to remember that he was the only one that had an interaction with a Wampa.

Idpullthecurtain
07-23-2017, 01:15 AM
this isn't a priority for me, since the previous Wampa is still great. But I am happy with an update. I will probably get it. They should have done a Luke variant instead of the same Hoth Luke figure. That is a missed opportunity and there are a couple of cool choices they could have gone with.

Vatta
07-23-2017, 02:17 AM
Or not, you know how thy like repacks. This figure has the ability to be in some multipack with some Hoth Rebels, I'm thinking Echo Base deleted scene. lol
Honestly, this guy screams cave dio. If Hasbro did that sort of thing.

While I think some other fogure that Luke would ahe been more appealing. You have to remember that he was the only one that had an interaction with a Wampa.

Hey your right they could go with the deleted scene, include that poor Snowtrooper that had an interaction with a Wampa. A three pack with Wampa, Snowtrooper and C-3PO with torn warning sign accessory lol.

my_kind_of_scum
07-23-2017, 06:53 AM
I'll probably get this but the last Wampa was pretty good (and I have no desire for that awful Luke), so it's a maybe at this point.

Deak_Starkiller
07-23-2017, 09:35 AM
I don't see characters in deleted scenes marketed for this line frankly unless there is some kind of labeling similarly done to the vintage collection Blu-ray deleted scene figures to denote it. OTOH, since the latter is targeted for a different market, an SA snowtrooper, Hoth trooper and/or Threepio would be OK.

Masterfett
07-23-2017, 10:12 AM
It wouldn't have to be marketed as a Deleted scene, it would only be a nod to those in the know. The average consumer would just see Wampa, Snowtrooper etc.
Which would likely sell regardless.

The one I'm most interested in is the cave w/scarred Luke. Hasbro did the "accessory" version for SAGA Luke and Wampa, but that was kind of lacking. I think the cave cut in half with Luke hanging would be cool! I know that Cinema Scenes and themes Multipacks are over with so it would never happen.

Upon further inspection, i wish they would have given him wrists. It seems missing since he's got knees and anles elbows. And only standard shoulders. I imagine because the arm falls off.

DarkArtist
07-24-2017, 07:53 AM
loving the look of the Wampa. I still have both the original Kenner version as well as the 90's version and the Saga Deluxe version too but this one looks too good to pass up.. plus Luke looks to be a decent upgrade from the original 5POA version.

ctonra
07-24-2017, 07:58 AM
Looks like a great update on the Wampa

ReturnoftheJedi
07-24-2017, 04:17 PM
I'm not convinced the extractable arm, but I'll buy it for sure. It will be perfect next to my luke and tauntaun of TVC

http://www.rebelscum.com/2017-San-Diego-Comic-Con/San-Diego-Comic-Con-2017-Star-Wars-Hasbro-Friday/San-Diego-Comic-Con-2017-Star-Wars-Hasbro-Friday-030.jpg

That looks very promising. I may not have a Kenner Wampa, but maybe some day, you'll never know.

lordtyrannus
07-25-2017, 01:52 PM
This is a pleasant surprise and looks every bit as nice as the 6" one. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trooper31
07-26-2017, 07:53 AM
Yeah, I'm defintely getting this one.

Idpullthecurtain
08-21-2017, 10:38 AM
what is it with Hasbro making this figure without the scarf? They have done this once before. Also it looks like he has the battle damaged face again (I think). It would have been nice to do the neutral version this time.

Deak_Starkiller
08-21-2017, 08:33 PM
I'm almost beginning to think the Wampa and Probot were supposed to come out during the time the Mission Series packs were in full gear. The Saga Legends started out with figures with Class II vehicles to compliment which I think was the plan, but then suddenly the vehicle issuing just stopped. A neutral Luke would have been OK for the Mission Series, but the Mission Series Hoth Luke/Han just got me thinking about this.

CHEWIE
08-21-2017, 09:03 PM
I don't think so because this Wampa and Probe Droid are much higher quality than the toys that we're being put out at that time.

MysterioMaximus
08-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Yeah the Wampa and Probe Droid are, in essence, comparable to TVC line quality.

Deak_Starkiller
08-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Ok...I suppose it's promising in the sense they could see another release in TVC packaging. I could certainly use another Hoth turret. :D

Masterfett
08-21-2017, 10:35 PM
They were however likely part of an SA subset that never materialized. Then were dusted off for these hybrid sets.

Trooper31
08-22-2017, 06:00 AM
They were however likely part of an SA subset that never materialized. Then were dusted off for these hybrid sets.

That's a good point. I could see that.

MysterioMaximus
08-22-2017, 07:02 AM
Ok...I suppose it's promising in the sense they could see another release in TVC packaging. I could certainly use another Hoth turret. :D

Oh man! I would love to see that re-released. I got lucky and got the one Target Defense on Hoth, but more would rock!

Masterfett
08-22-2017, 04:51 PM
Man that set was neat! But I limited myself to just one. For starters it was a spendy set and I don't have space for a full on Hoth dio.

King_Goji
08-28-2017, 08:50 AM
So is this one of the sets that are supposed to be available on Force Friday?
It seems like it should be, since it was shown with all of the other stuff, but it's odd that no one has seen it put out early with the other stuff.

Maverick10126
08-28-2017, 09:24 AM
This is part of "wave 2" and will not be available on Friday.

King_Goji
08-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info!
I saw a Force Friday list, or two, that had this set included on it.
Good to know that it's not going to be out yet, before looking all over for it.

DarkManX
08-28-2017, 07:46 PM
Oh man! I would love to see that re-released. I got lucky and got the one Target Defense on Hoth, but more would rock!

Count me in too! Never had a modern one. Stick a rebel troop in and you got a nice set

CHEWIE
08-28-2017, 08:55 PM
Right, don't expect to see this right away, though could see some isolated reports of it showing up in stores pretty quickly... especially since it seems the Rathtar/Probe droid sets might move decent enough to warrant it (those are much better than the TFA and Rogue One packaged "deluxe" type offerings and hopefully won't collect so much dust on the pegs - Hasbro actually tried to put out something cool in this lineup).

Maverick10126
08-28-2017, 09:02 PM
The lineup is definitely better over all. Armor up was the worst and it doesn't look like any of these figs are going to be resistance troops or zuvios.

DarkManX
08-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Hasbro seems to have adapted well to collector complaints about the TFA line as well as the Nerf features.

CHEWIE
08-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Agreed... and one has to wonder how they ever thought any of that was a good idea in the first place? Goes to show that that they were banking more on kids/parents buying into the "gimmick" than actual good product. Hopefully the pendulum is swinging back towards the realm of common sense again.

HothHan
08-29-2017, 09:47 AM
Hasbro seems to have adapted well to collector complaints about the TFA line as well as the Nerf features.

Don't use logic and rational commentary here - it will get you blasted.

Deak_Starkiller
08-29-2017, 11:27 PM

I for one just hope that is REALLY the last time they do that kind of cross-merchandising. It just brought back nightmares when Hasbro line did that atrocious Built To Rule (BTR) line, of which was compatible with GI Joe figures. Even the Hasbro rep I used to work with admittedly told me that line was a lemon.

DarkManX
08-30-2017, 11:58 AM
I for one just hope that is REALLY the last time they do that kind of cross-merchandising. It just brought back nightmares when Hasbro line did that atrocious Built To Rule (BTR) line, of which was compatible with GI Joe figures. Even the Hasbro rep I used to work with admittedly told me that line was a lemon.

Nerf didn't bother me much and I actually thought it was a neat play feature for kids. But I'm very much in the minority of collectors that feel that way.

mandalorehunter
08-31-2017, 03:35 PM
i am unbelievably excited about this. finally, a 3.75 version comparative to the 6'' version!

Masterfett
09-01-2017, 09:15 AM
I'm a bit saddened this isn't out now though, it's one of the very few Items I actually will buy.

JGuar
09-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Anyone know the dpci for this set?

JGuar
09-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Wait - is this set even available in this first initial wave of stuff?

Masterfett
09-01-2017, 08:39 PM
NO, it wasn't. Per my above post. ^ ;)

Darth_Jawa
10-21-2017, 08:23 PM
Has there been any word as to when this set is going to be released? The Rathtar and Bala Tik sets are really warming the shelves in my area so I'm doubtful I'll be able to find Luke and the Wampa whenever it is released...

lordtyrannus
10-22-2017, 06:45 AM
Christmas will clear a lot of Wave 1 stuff amidst the movie hype. So we should see a lot of Wave 2 stuff in mid-late December and early January. Now a third wave (when there is one) is always sporadic in stores.

ralltiir
10-29-2017, 05:07 AM
Would not be super surprised if it's Han Solo force friday either. holiday release would be logical, but so too would early April or whenever they're doing the prerelease, especially if that day is synched with the blue ray / DVD release of TLJ.

I wouldn't worry too much; no doubt it will be in all of our hands six months from now, if not sooner.

Masterfett
10-29-2017, 11:17 AM
Yeah it's tough to know when OT centric stuff will get released, when there's no movies to tie in with them. Or at least to know when to expect them.
It could be tomorrow, or after Han Solo.

It does compound the matter when it's the only thing you're looking forward to in the whole line though! :\

mandalore9998
11-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Jedi business has a new article up with a list of Hasbro release dates:

The Last Jedi Force Link 3.75" For Early 2018: - Luke Skywalker with Wampa
- Princess Leia Organa (Hoth Outfit)
- Finn (First Order Disguise) and Captain Phasma 2-pack
- Maz Kanata (with jetpack)
- C'Ai Threnalli

Darth_Sceptaurus
11-06-2017, 01:31 PM
So we basically have 3 single-carded figures announced so far this wave (assuming they are in the same wave). Wonder what the other 3 will be. Hopefully at least 2 new characters or outfits.

Idpullthecurtain
11-06-2017, 01:33 PM
So we basically have 3 single-carded figures announced so far this wave (assuming they are in the same wave). Wonder what the other 3 will be. Hopefully at least 2 new characters or outfits.

Palpatine may also be in that wave.

Masterfett
11-06-2017, 02:23 PM
This set is definitely one I'll buy just to make sure I get the Wampa! But all the others ccan wait for sales, which is good since the Holidays sales are coming.

R1G4R3PO
11-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Jedi business has a new article up with a list of Hasbro release dates:

The Last Jedi Force Link 3.75" For Early 2018: - Luke Skywalker with Wampa
- Princess Leia Organa (Hoth Outfit)
- Finn (First Order Disguise) and Captain Phasma 2-pack
- Maz Kanata (with jetpack)
- C'Ai Threnalli

there was a report on a collector site, whom I forget atm which one--sorry-- that upc for a new flametrooper basic figure was found in a wm computer, so that could be 5 figs in a wave. I know Hasbro basically said rebels was on hold but wasn't there rumors or a report that Forrest Wittaker hinted a cw saw g fig? if so, hey that could make 6 figs. And a nice mixed source wave. And just because Hasbro may have said that on on a specific date, that doesn't disqualify figs already in production prior to said date, but not yet released, ie could mean just new figs to be developed are on hold.

Idpullthecurtain
11-07-2017, 03:52 AM
there was a report on a collector site, whom I forget atm which one--sorry-- that upc for a new flametrooper basic figure was found in a wm computer, so that could be 5 figs in a wave. I know Hasbro basically said rebels was on hold but wasn't there rumors or a report that Forrest Wittaker hinted a cw saw g fig? if so, hey that could make 6 figs. And a nice mixed source wave. And just because Hasbro may have said that on on a specific date, that doesn't disqualify figs already in production prior to said date, but not yet released, ie could mean just new figs to be developed are on hold.
What a disappointing wave that would be! That lineup is missing a couple of big hitters.

Trooper31
11-07-2017, 07:56 AM
What a disappointing wave that would be! That lineup is missing a couple of big hitters.

They can always repack Kylo and Finn to take care of that.;)

Darth_Sceptaurus
11-08-2017, 06:59 AM
What a disappointing wave that would be! That lineup is missing a couple of big hitters. That would be an understatement. No new characters at all unless you count the Asty clone? Worst. Wave. Ever.

mandalore9998
11-08-2017, 07:42 AM
That would be an understatement. No new characters at all unless you count the Asty clone? Worst. Wave. Ever.

A possible Palpatine single-carded, another Flametrooper, and they'll probably carry forward someone from the General Leia wave. Disappointing wave.

DarthTyrannosaur
11-08-2017, 08:16 AM
If that picture posted from a convention is the Wampa that we're getting I am beyond stoked actually. Will be altogether a nice replacement to my PotF2 Wampa from way back before I took a bit of a break from collecting SW. I was considering going back and scooping up the Saga Wampa, but I might just do this instead actually if it's as nice as it looks.

As for the offerings lately, it has been scaled back dramatically and not as diverse as it used to be especially ever since Disney bought LucasFilm. That wasn't a slam to Disney or even Hasbro as it was more of an observation. I wonder if that is part of the reason and also due to action figures not being as popular as they used to be in the world given the advent of tablets and mobile devices. Nothing beats owning a hunk of plastic of your favorite thing though. I can only hope that action figures and collecting them doesn't go extinct entirely.

Warsaw_Wonder
12-03-2017, 10:34 PM
This new Wampa needs to hit shelves yesterday. Rathtars are clogging the pegs.

Ty
12-04-2017, 08:25 PM
I never liked the saga wampa so I've kept my POTF2 one in circulation. This one will be a welcome upgrade :grin:

Captain_Piet
12-05-2017, 07:00 AM

Tell that to Kanjiklub.

Masterfett
12-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Well, to be fair, there were three in the Movie. So Hasbro just assumed everyone would buy three each!

_Darren_
12-05-2017, 04:50 PM

Not in the UK!!!

Darren

DarthPete
12-06-2017, 06:28 AM
I heard King Prana is doing the case ratio's for the beast sets. He always thinks more rathtars is more impressive.

Rock
12-06-2017, 09:38 AM
That Wampa looks great!

Masterfett
12-06-2017, 09:13 PM
It would look even better in my collection! If they decide to ever ship this item, and it doesn't become Baze 2.0... :|

lordtyrannus
12-07-2017, 04:30 AM
It would look even better in my collection! If they decide to ever ship this item, and it doesn't become Baze 2.0... :|

Yeah, with all of the Rathtars occupying the stores, I am increasingly confident that the Wampa set will join the land of barely released Entertainment Earth exclusives.

DarkArtist
12-07-2017, 09:16 AM
I'm sure these will start shipping soon... I'm guessing Hasbro is holding these till January 2018. I'd be curious to see if these are released in TLJ packaging or the whatever art they use for the upcoming Han Solo movie. I mean I'd imagine at Toy Fair we will see the new package art for Han Solo and hopefully some new Vintage style figures for 2018

Darth_Sceptaurus
12-07-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm contemplating reasons why they might decide not to release it. Seeing as how it looks amazing, it couldn't be due to quality issues as might have been the case with the Bistan 2-pack. Unless there were issues with the joints, but they should have that figured out by now.

Maybe it ended up costing more than what they planned for retail. Still, they've released much more expensive sets and I can't imagine it being over $30, which would be a bit pricey for a set like this (though I'd gladly pay it).

The only other thing I could think of is Hasbro reasoning that it's no longer relevant. Yet they continue to release OT figures here and there, and they seem to do pretty well (with the exception of the Han/Boba 2-pack due to the horrible case ratios).

So I really can't think of any good reason why they wouldn't, though that doesn't mean anything. I think they will, and it will probably do quite well unless they go insane with case ratios again and pack it 3 to 1 with a Snoke throne room set like DarkArtist suggested or something crazy like that.

From the time this set was announced it's been the thing I've most looked forward to from this line (with the possible exception of old man Luke). Still can't wait!

Vorax
12-07-2017, 08:21 PM
The Wampa looks really well made and super articulate for the 5 poa assortments. Am rather surprised why they did not release it for the ending 3.75 BS or new TVC re-launch.

DarkArtist
12-08-2017, 12:27 PM
maybe this will be one of the new "vintage' boxed beasts in 2018? perhaps give us a classic looking Kenner styled "Vintage Box" that has the Wampa and Luke inside similar to the Vintage style Tauntauns that were the Target exclusives?

Idpullthecurtain
12-09-2017, 05:08 AM
maybe this will be one of the new "vintage' boxed beasts in 2018? perhaps give us a classic looking Kenner styled "Vintage Box" that has the Wampa and Luke inside similar to the Vintage style Tauntauns that were the Target exclusives?

That would be amazing. I would love to see some new Vintage style packaging for vehicles alongside the figures.

R1G4R3PO
12-09-2017, 05:29 AM
While the delay in this release is a bit annoying, it is not surprising. Past few sdcc reviews only showcased non upcoming movie products, yet when lines launch a couple months later, those revealed items were not on shelves until after the movie hit theaters...rex, 5th brother, thrawn, fenn, and it seems hoth leia, qui gon/maul, luke/wampa, and single card emperor will follow same pattern....late Dec/ Jan release. The at-act was revealed b4 the r1 movie came out but it wasn't out on shelves until late Dec as well. So personally, im not too worried about the wampa being cancelled or whatever. The bistain/scarif set i feel was delayed mostly do to the fluke release if tfa finn/phasma cases thus making bistan fall into last wave syndrome. Hopefully w/ solo film hot on the heels of tlj, we may not get a last wave syndrome or at least to the sane extent as in past lines

Masterfett
12-09-2017, 01:37 PM
While it wouldn't matter to me either way which the packaging it used, it would annoy me to have to wait even longer for it!

Lord_Hurin
12-09-2017, 02:36 PM
I've been waffling over the Rathtar and the Probe Droid, but this would be a must-buy on first sight for me!

lluunndda_fett
12-10-2017, 12:53 AM
I've been waffling over the Rathtar and the Probe Droid, but this would be a must-buy on first sight for me!

same here.

Vorax
12-10-2017, 01:49 PM
I got two Rathars(I'd buy more if the price drops) and I think 6 probe droids since its an awesome figure and the Empire uses a lot of them. I plan on buying at least 6 Wampas.

Rogue1969
12-10-2017, 09:15 PM
If you're looking for cheap Rathars and Probe Droid sets, go to Gamestop. They're currently on clearance for $7.49.