PDA

View Full Version : Resistance Ski Speeder and Captain Poe Dameron

GNT
07-21-2017, 06:23 AM
New picture has surfaced on UK site Smythstoys of the Resistance Ski Speeder and Captain Poe Dameron

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4908/skispeeder.jpg
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4908/skispeeder1.jpg

Who's going to purchase this? Thoughts on it?

Trooper31
07-21-2017, 06:25 AM
I like it. It's got a B-Wing and a cloud car vibe to it (to me at least). I think it looks fun and it's nice to see a better pic of it (than what we saw in the trailer).

R1G4R3PO
07-21-2017, 07:09 AM
Count me in one getting this, maybe not on ff, but I'll grab one b4 film hits likely. Lack of "The Lady Jedi" nomenclature, reminds me of TFA sandspeeder w/ Finn packaging. but hopefilly, this will have reasonable screen time more than the sandspeeder did.

R1G4R3PO
07-21-2017, 07:12 AM
Studio spell check and NO EDIT feature
Obviously I ment "The LAST Jedi"

saddestmoon
07-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Not a vehicle I would have considered buying, based on the trailer, but that toy looks great! :D

I think I might have just changed my mind!

Trooper31
07-21-2017, 07:34 AM
Not a vehicle I would have considered buying, based on the trailer, but that toy looks great! :D

I think I might have just changed my mind!

Yes, that's how I feel about it as well. The one in the trailer didn't look as good, but this looks like a cool vehicle.

R1G4R3PO
07-21-2017, 08:05 AM
Sweet...no nerf bs!!!

DarthRimbaud
07-21-2017, 08:16 AM
It's almost like they listen! No Nerf! Landing Gears! Total FF buy for sure.

Koth
07-21-2017, 08:37 AM
Don't think it's worth 30.00!

Julythrunov
07-21-2017, 08:46 AM
Cool B-win..oh wait whoops!

DarkArtist
07-21-2017, 08:53 AM
I'm loving the look of this ship and definitely will be getting one of these. I wonder if we will see a release/repaint with a different character in the speeder as well.

DarthPete
07-21-2017, 09:11 AM
I like the design, and they look cool in the trailer. But I don't think it's a ship I'd pick up. Of course that's pretty much what I always say, and then I see the movie...

keknivek
07-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Don't think it's worth 30.00!

I hate to agree, but that's $40 US... If the figure was Articulated and not just a crummy throw-in (possible repaint?) maybe, but this is a $30 US buy at best... likely would want to wait for $25 or less.

I may see it and have to have it, but prices for stuff is out of hand.

keknivek
07-21-2017, 10:14 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/tlj_toy.pnghttp://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/tlj_sky.png

Definitely an undersized vehicle again... but looks pretty accurate really.

patrickdurfee
07-21-2017, 10:59 AM
So Poe is cosplaying as bespin han. Cool I guess

Oddball_Fett
07-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Yes, very B-Wing derivative from the front.

And NERF has been replaced with FORCE LINK which will be another useless feature nobody will want in order to justify keeping the price up.

darthsatan
07-21-2017, 11:08 AM
I hate to agree, but that's $40 US...

It never is in reality, because Hasbro has never used actual exchange rates. If it's 30.00 over here it will be $30.00. Guaranteed.

Coreworld
07-21-2017, 11:14 AM
New picture has surfaced on UK site Smythstoys of the Resistance Ski Speeder and Captain Poe Dameron

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4908/skispeeder.jpg
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4908/skispeeder1.jpg

Who's going to purchase this? Thoughts on it?
Does it look like the canopy slides back into the body, or am I imagining it?

Masterfett
07-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Looks like a neat and fun toy. My only issue with it is the awkward look, I would have preferred the cockpit be in the center. But that's probably my own OCD issues.
I'm guessing the cockpit rotates since its set up like this. And yes, the canopy does "appear" to slide in.

If I can get this for $20 or under, I'll buy it. Then I'll remodel it to my own liking.

Billy_Ray
07-21-2017, 11:39 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/tlj_toy.pnghttp://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/tlj_sky.png

Definitely an undersized vehicle again... but looks pretty accurate really.

I'm not doubting that it is undersized, because Hasbro, but how can you tell it is from these shots from the trailer? There's nothing to really reference it to size wise.

Coreworld
07-21-2017, 12:03 PM
Looks like a neat and fun toy. My only issue with it is the awkward look, I would have preferred the cockpit be in the center. But that's probably my own OCD issues.
I'm guessing the cockpit rotates since its set up like this. And yes, the canopy does "appear" to slide in.

If I can get this for $20 or under, I'll buy it. Then I'll remodel it to my own liking.

Hmm, zooming more into the film still above, it looks like the canopy remains open, you can clearly see the pilot in there. A look at the recent behind the scenes sizzle reel has a shot of Poe sat in the cockpit with what appear to be roll bars to the rear.

RaptorBandito
07-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Does it look like the canopy slides back into the body, or am I imagining it?

I'm not sure actually. Looking at a reference pic from the recent behind the scenes reel it looks like it might actually be open like that in the movie:

https://i.imgur.com/jAywxK3.jpg

The packaging on the front shows it open in the illustration too.

https://image.smythstoys.com/original/desktop/161174_1.jpg

DarthPete
07-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Knowing Hasbro, there's probably eight people, two astromechs and a wookie in the cockpit in the movie.

sith_rising
07-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Well, undersized vehicles are nothing new

Julythrunov
07-21-2017, 04:50 PM
I'm not buying ANY TLA toys until I we the movie. Even then I'm not buying much. I'm also tired of toys being shown off as some how significant to the story when in reality they barely exist in the movie. For all we know this thing can be cut from the film.

Julythrunov
07-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Whoops *TLJ

Masterfett
07-21-2017, 06:02 PM
Seems odd not to have a closing canopy, that world looks really dusty. And i don't see him with any kind of goggles/visor to prevent objects from entering the eyes, how could a pilot operate w/o eye protection? They gave TFA Pilots a visor and those were closed cockpits...

GNT
07-21-2017, 07:09 PM
I not think it'll be cut, judging by the trailer it seems to be a big land battle. :p

wedgeswingman
07-21-2017, 07:37 PM
Seems odd not to have a closing canopy, that world looks really dusty. And i don't see him with any kind of goggles/visor to prevent objects from entering the eyes, how could a pilot operate w/o eye protection? They gave TFA Pilots a visor and those were closed cockpits...

Forget dust, think of the safety hazard. But then again there's no OSHA compliance in Star Wars as evidenced by the bottomless chasms.

DarkManX
07-21-2017, 07:53 PM
Pretty awesome looking ship!

indysolo007
07-21-2017, 10:36 PM
Forget dust, think of the safety hazard. But then again there's no OSHA compliance in Star Wars as evidenced by the bottomless chasms.

The chasm that Han fell into was particularly dangerous with no guardrails.

Deak_Starkiller
07-22-2017, 12:36 AM
I just don't understand the drag part of the ship (I studied aeronautics). It just serves the wear out the part hitting the ground and taxing the power on the engine. Plus, it doesn't look like something that gets hardly any altitude like the snowspeeders. Well, until I see the movie or read it in the Visual/Cross-Section books, it might have a sensible explanation.

OxnardMontalvo
07-22-2017, 05:19 AM
I just don't understand the drag part of the ship (I studied aeronautics). It just serves the wear out the part hitting the ground and taxing the power on the engine. Plus, it doesn't look like something that gets hardly any altitude like the snowspeeders. Well, until I see the movie or read it in the Visual/Cross-Section books, it might have a sensible explanation.
Total speculation but I think whatever's hitting the surface probably isn't designed to do that normally. It looks like an ad hoc tactic two whip up dust as a smokescreen. Just a guess on my part.

DarkManX
07-22-2017, 05:25 AM
It doesn't need to be scientifically understood. In star wars you've got sound in space,super powers,and every planet just happens to have an atmosphere that thousands of different off world aliens can breathe just fine in. A ship's job is to look cool.

Deak_Starkiller
07-22-2017, 07:54 AM
Boy, you just got to wonder how the authors of those aforementioned books get around those explanations including Pablo Hidalgo himself. I use to comment on Andre Bormanis' (scientific/technical advisor to Star Trek Enterprise) articles on TrekBBS back in the day, but even for Star Trek you gotta heed on what some posters put as their signature, "It's only a TV show".

Masterfett
07-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Maybe it's a crop duster, or some kind of plow?

malcolmlauder
07-22-2017, 11:37 AM
They look like they're attacking AT-ATs. The new speeder? I hope this isn't going to be a remake of the empire strikes back!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Masterfett
07-22-2017, 09:53 PM
I doubt they're AT-ATs.This is a sequel to TFA, so they are probably those Ape looking walkers.

Deak_Starkiller
07-22-2017, 10:29 PM
I hope this isn't going to be a remake of the empire strikes back!

I just hope there is a sensible reason to use them if there was a target that couldn't be destroyed via orbital bombardment or airstrike. The AT-AT's were needed because they needed to traverse the terrain from beyond the energy field to reach their target. Turbotanks (even if still on their arsenal) wouldn't be effective over terrain up to certain grades so walkers were the more practical choice at the time.

my_kind_of_scum
07-23-2017, 07:07 AM
While it is undersized, it isn't nearly as egregious as something like the U-wing. I imagine that I will pick this up on FF.

keknivek
07-25-2017, 08:16 AM
Maybe it's a crop duster, or some kind of plow?

You know? I wondered this same thing about theses ships... like they were retrofitted to attack, but were really irrigation or crop dusting vehicles.

Most people don't look too deep at what is said in the movies... but if you remember, there was a line from one of the workers on Hoth about "adapting the speeders to the cold temperatures". The "Snowspeeders" were not designed for snow combat. The T-47 they used was an atmospheric industrial cargo hauler. They had a tow-cable on the back to tow repulsorlift cargo containers and didn't come standard with blasters.

Are these vehicles going to copy that part of Empire Strikes Back? I'd say pretty darn likely.

Nighthawk
07-25-2017, 12:10 PM
It looks like this vehicle will be on the cover of the cross sections for TLJ vehicles book.

http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.site/PHIMPHg9e8r6LO_1_l.jpg

Cobalt
07-25-2017, 04:44 PM
They look like they're attacking AT-ATs. The new speeder? I hope this isn't going to be a remake of the empire strikes back!

Well, TFA was essentially a remake of ANH so it wouldn't surprise me.

malcolmlauder
07-25-2017, 05:27 PM
Well, TFA was essentially a remake of ANH so it wouldn't surprise me.Wouldn't surprise me, but would disappoint me no end!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Deak_Starkiller
07-26-2017, 02:12 AM
You know? I wondered this same thing about theses ships... like they were retrofitted to attack, but were really irrigation or crop dusting vehicles.

The Resistance transport was said to be made from B-wing parts, so given the limited resources it would make sense to retrofit from pre-existing vehicles.

Trooper31
07-26-2017, 07:49 AM
The Resistance transport was said to be made from B-wing parts, so given the limited resources it would make sense to retrofit from pre-existing vehicles.

Good point. I like this for some reason. It's not as cool as the OT vehicles, but it has something about it that I like. I'll be getting this for sure and if the price is right, I might get a second one.

Nighthawk
07-26-2017, 10:46 AM
When I first saw this ship, the first thing that came to mind is B-Wing.

malcolmlauder
07-26-2017, 10:58 AM
B-wing/podracer! I'm hoping for something original from this film or I'll be p!$$3d off

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Deak_Starkiller
07-27-2017, 12:22 AM
I suppose this pays at bit of homage to the ILM"s days when even snowspeeders were conceptualized from Y-wing cockpits.

Lance_Quazar
08-02-2017, 07:55 PM
So Poe is cosplaying as bespin han. Cool I guess

The stunning lack of imagination in designs of the ST/stealing everything from the OT continues to be depressing and maddeningly.

Seriously, now we're ripping off outfits, too? Sigh.

DarkManX
08-02-2017, 09:44 PM
It's like Han Solo is the only guy to own a white shirt and a blue flight jacket

TK_842
08-03-2017, 05:04 AM
According to Yakface (http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2017/08/02/tlj-breakdown-dpcis-skus-and-upcs/), this should retail at $39.99.

Cyko_Droid
08-08-2017, 09:11 AM
This is one of those designs that feels like a mini-rig off-screen creation, but it's obviously in the movie. As a ship, I'm not drawn to it like the snowspeeder or even the B-wing. However, translated as a toy, this does look fun to swoosh around. I think it'll be something people pass up when it comes out but pick up later. I'd like to see it retail for closer to $25-30 than $40, though.

Deak_Starkiller
08-08-2017, 09:23 AM
This makes me miss Action Fleet more than ever. The AF snowspeeder was scaled close to the Hasbro AT-AT, so if and when we get a gorilla walker, a scaled AF ski-speeder I would personally welcome. :)

activistfangirl
08-16-2017, 12:47 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/fullsizeoutput_4018.jpeg

darthsatan
08-16-2017, 01:08 PM
Design team: "How can we make a B-Wing both look uglier and be more impractical?"

Nighthawk
08-16-2017, 05:54 PM
And from all the pictures I've seen so far, it looks like it's an open cockpit and doesn't close.

Masterfett
08-16-2017, 06:03 PM
If I actually find one on clearance for around $10-15, I may get one and mod it. I feel the cockpit should be re-positioned onto the front of the fuselage, and a second laser gun port placed where the cockpit is now. In addition to adding a closing canopy. Then I think it might look better, for me anyway.

Maverick10126
08-16-2017, 07:00 PM
To me it looks like the canopy slides back into the rear section to open.

RaptorBandito
08-16-2017, 11:58 PM
To me it looks like the canopy slides back into the rear section to open.

From the shot released on EW it seems like that open section is how it is in the film. Sort of like a cross between an air speeder and a pod racer.

https://i.imgur.com/5rrotLZ.jpg

MysterioMaximus
08-17-2017, 08:23 AM
I have to agree with a lot of others in thinking it's a pretty ugly design. Still though, I'd like to see it in action. Now what's the deal with the "gorilla" walkers? Outside of the LEGO set, has any real pictures of it come out? I know the ski speeder is basically ugly B-Wing and it looks like the "gorilla" walker is ugly AT-AT. I know there are differences, but I think that makes sense. I'd like to think the First Order would have analyzed the battle of Hoth and noticed the "tripping" design flaw in the originally engineered AT-AT and try to redesign the vehicle to be more stable.

bonoferox
08-17-2017, 11:17 AM
A friend found this at a local Walmart this morning. Of course it wouldn't scan.

MyenShi
08-17-2017, 11:44 AM
I have to agree with a lot of others in thinking it's a pretty ugly design. Still though, I'd like to see it in action. Now what's the deal with the "gorilla" walkers? Outside of the LEGO set, has any real pictures of it come out? I know the ski speeder is basically ugly B-Wing and it looks like the "gorilla" walker is ugly AT-AT. I know there are differences, but I think that makes sense. I'd like to think the First Order would have analyzed the battle of Hoth and noticed the "tripping" design flaw in the originally engineered AT-AT and try to redesign the vehicle to be more stable.

Story wise, that's exactly what it's supposed to be. It's supposedly designed that way to be more resistant to tripping. Similar to how the Resurgent class Star Destroyer has a shorter bridge and a secondary bridge, TIEs have shields, and the TIE/SF has a rotating turret.

Still ugly though. Not as bad as that weird multi-limbed AT-ST equivelant revealed via leaked LEGO set.

The sequel designs are so hit or miss and lack consistency. It sometimes feel so not Star Wars. Or a poor attempt at updating or recreating existing designs without an overall cohesive look.

Trooper31
08-18-2017, 05:16 AM
And from all the pictures I've seen so far, it looks like it's an open cockpit and doesn't close.

This bothers me a bit, but then it just means that it is a ground based vehicle, which is also fine.

The sequel designs are so hit or miss and lack consistency. It sometimes feel so not Star Wars. Or a poor attempt at updating or recreating existing designs without an overall cohesive look.

I've gotten that feeling as well.

Nerdherfer
08-21-2017, 03:36 AM
Funny it has an open cockpit design, is obviously used for battle, yet the pilots appear to not be wearing goggles or helmets. I guess it's a by the seat their pants thing.

Trooper31
08-21-2017, 05:33 AM
After seeing the pics of this out of th box, I'm less impressed with it. I think the price is too high for its size. I'm planning on holding off for a bit anyway, so maybe more pictures will help me make a decision on this.

Deak_Starkiller
08-21-2017, 08:23 PM
Funny it has an open cockpit design, is obviously used for battle, yet the pilots appear to not be wearing goggles or helmets. I guess it's a by the seat their pants thing.

Be interesting how these speeders are stored if not inside a hanger, most likely a tarp over the canopy. The open cockpit also creates drag on the frame, which not only taxes the power on the engine but also creates possible sideslipping because of the offset cockpit. I guess next time, the FO should attack during the rainy season.

Logray
08-22-2017, 12:38 PM
I saw two of these at Walmart today. I tried to buy one but was told it was recalled. I told then about the second one still on the shelf. Still it was my first The Last Jedi toy sighting!

darthsatan
08-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Decent size vehicle. Gives me some good hope for the TIE.

DarkArtist
08-22-2017, 01:52 PM
the pictures almost make it look like the cockpit may actually close but I'm not 100%. I see long groves on both sides of the cockpit and it looks like the top part can be pulled over to the canopy. guess we'll have to wait and see with the movie and the toy release on the 1st for confirmation though.

Nerdherfer
08-22-2017, 02:42 PM
Be interesting how these speeders are stored if not inside a hanger, most likely a tarp over the canopy. The open cockpit also creates drag on the frame, which not only taxes the power on the engine but also creates possible sideslipping because of the offset cockpit. I guess next time, the FO should attack during the rainy season. It's kind of bizarre. The vehicle on screen looks kind of flimsy, it has this leg dragging in the ground like some farming device for reasons not yet clear. It's definitely from another world, but looks practical at the same time. Maybe it's taken a cue from the snowspeeder and is conventional plant equipement modified for battle. Also in the EU, the B-wing was derived from a vehicle used for water bombing wildfires, which was pretty interesting I thought. Maybe this is such a vehicle..

the pictures almost make it look like the cockpit may actually close but I'm not 100%. I see long groves on both sides of the cockpit and it looks like the top part can be pulled over to the canopy. guess we'll have to wait and see with the movie and the toy release on the 1st for confirmation though.
I was thinking the same thing, but I can't find an instance of it being closed. The lego sets show them open as well. The mind biggles. At the least this is one of those weird and original vehicles that Star Wars was always known for.

Nighthawk
08-22-2017, 02:59 PM
It's kind of bizarre. The vehicle on screen looks kind of flimsy, it has this leg dragging in the ground like some farming device for reasons not yet clear. It's definitely from another world, but looks practical at the same time.

This is the text on the back of the box: An older design predating those of the Rebel Alliance, these low-altitude, high-power ski speeders use a stabilizing strut to keep balance when zipping across alien terrain.

Masterfett
08-22-2017, 04:44 PM
Of course it says that, Disney wants to shoehorn their own stuff in as if it were always there. Regardless of what they/it says about this, the functionality doesn't seem feasible at all. Not as a high speed Speeder. I still maintain that it's more of a farming vehicle, than something actually meant for combat.

Nerdherfer
08-22-2017, 04:51 PM
Thanks Nighthawk. Sounds like a cool backstory. The red rooster tail from the white ground is still strange. There is some strange geology on that world. It's shows Ryan Johnson has a fertile imagination. I think maybe JJ Abrams used up his imaginative creativity on Star Trek in regards to alien worlds.

Deak_Starkiller
08-22-2017, 06:02 PM
This is the text on the back of the box: An older design predating those of the Rebel Alliance, these low-altitude, high-power ski speeders use a stabilizing strut to keep balance when zipping across alien terrain.

????...what are they going to say now....that hyperspace technology is less than a hundred years old?

Trooper31
08-22-2017, 11:49 PM
Of course it says that, Disney wants to shoehorn their own stuff in as if it were always there. Regardless of what they/it says about this, the functionality doesn't seem feasible at all. Not as a high speed Speeder. I still maintain that it's more of a farming vehicle, than something actually meant for combat.

like the idea of it being a modified farm vehicle. It seems more likely that the Resistance would be able to get their hands on stuff like this and have their techs adapt and upgrade stuff like that to be used in a military sense. I can't imagine the New Republic being fine with the Resistance buying up a bunch of military grade hardware. Besides, the Resistance is supposed to be running on a shoe-string budget like the Rebellion.
I

activistfangirl
08-23-2017, 12:29 PM
I googled this toy just now and found these images, I wonder if I can find any of the other vehicle or toy pictures that people have bought and posted images online too:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/IMG_28494.JPGhttp://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/20988844_1910147209000881_4615747599669713277_o.jp ghttp://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/20934675_1910144892334446_1949797402681264759_o.jp ghttp://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/20901549_1910150619000540_6490737392512260574_o.jp ghttp://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/20900531_1910141875668081_2755457122606530930_o.jp ghttp://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/IMG_28533.JPG

Maverick10126
08-23-2017, 12:54 PM
Really not a fan of this design...just looks awkward.

DarthPete
08-23-2017, 01:05 PM
I'm not big on the ship, but I do really like the Poe. If for some peculiar reason someone buys two of these... *raises hand*

Nerdherfer
08-23-2017, 03:24 PM
It's ungainly, but I'm okay with it as a toy, because it looks movie accurate and is to scale. Hasbro did their job as far as producing this thing. Good for you Hasbro!

Masterfett
08-23-2017, 06:17 PM
Maybe it's because he looks just like a certain Smuggler with that coat on. :whistling:

I don't fault the toy fo the way it looks, i fault the designer. I really cannot fathom any craft w/o a Canopy, where the pilot doesn't use helmet/goggles.
Whether you're using it in air, on land, or in space. It needs eye protection.

DarkManX
08-24-2017, 12:08 AM
lmao I don't understand the need for Star Wars to "work" in a way we are familiar with. Everything about the saga is fantastical. Pretty much no ship would get off the ground in real life. If we wanna get all sciency, let's talk about how hardly anyone in the entire star wars universe wears any sort of breathing gear yet they all seem to have zero problem breathing on any planet they land on B)

Masterfett
08-24-2017, 12:21 AM
It needs to "work" because the audience watching the movie is from Earth, where things have a function. I don't care what Planet you're on, you're gonna need eye protection when flying a high speed vehicle in a dusty field. Simple as that. As for the breathing on every planet, I noticed that a very long time ago. But accepted the fact it was due to the reason why it was colonized. Otherwise they wouldn't be there. Hence why we never see them on a Planet that they can't breathe on.

The little things may seem insignificant to some. But without paying attention to the small details, you wind up creating an unbelievable world. regardless of it being based on fantasy or fact. If you want the viewer to believe, you have to give something to believe in.

Maverick10126
08-24-2017, 08:11 AM
The rules of star wars were established. The tech is consistent with itself and the physics is consistent with our own....hence protective helmets and goggles are needed in this situation. Doesn't seem that crazy. Luke's land speeder hand a windscreen, Rey had goggles on hers.

jedimasterc
08-24-2017, 05:47 PM
I am calling this vehicle the B-wing speeder.

DonWanKihotay
08-24-2017, 06:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/noOQOxt.gif

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/04/Flash_Speeder.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120211051046

http://static.flickr.com/31/96990661_bed000e802_o.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/1uojxt.gif
OMG kicking up dust!

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/15/640x320/landscape-1460718028-star-wars-force-awakens-deleted-scenes-snowspeeder-chase.jpg

I don't care what Planet you're on, you're gonna need eye protection when flying a high speed vehicle in a dusty field.
We've already seen land speeders sand (and one cut produced for snow) and speeders bikes operated without goggles and rip through sand (which we know gets in everywhere:weeabooface:) and other atmospheres.
Dust is lifted up behind them, so long as they don't cross trails, then these ships have have the windshield, Get over it. ;)

DonWanKihotay
08-24-2017, 06:29 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/theclonewiki/images/c/c0/JediTurboSpeeder.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120812221538

http://i.imgur.com/b5vj241.jpg?1

Cartoon too. This isn't something new to Star Wars. Stop pretending like it is. B)

Nerdherfer
08-24-2017, 07:42 PM
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b1/TLJ_Cross_Section.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170722003723https://image.ibb.co/msRsCQ/Screenshot_2017_08_25_11_28_50_1.png

I'll just leave this here. There's always room for speclation on their PPE requirements.

DonWanKihotay
08-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Point? The Rogue One cross-sections book also had design concepts that didn't match what was on film.

I really cannot fathom any craft w/o a Canopy, where the pilot doesn't use helmet/goggles.
Whether you're using it in air, on land, or in space. It needs eye protection.
Star Wars has had it before, yet you say you can't fathom it, it's part of their universe. Why pretend it's added now, just to feign anger?

DarkManX
08-24-2017, 10:02 PM
Star Wars has always been much more fantasy than SCIENCE fiction.

Masterfett
08-24-2017, 10:06 PM
I'm not angry about it or pretending it didn't happen before. It's done simply as an advertising tool, where you have to have the character's FACE visible!
I've been tired of it for a long time now, it's not new.

While every other backgrounder needs protective gear pilot a vehicle, Obi-Wan doesn't because the audience needs to see his FACE.
Yes Earthlings have driven motorcycles without helmets/eye wear, but it doesn't make it safe.

Nerdherfer
08-25-2017, 03:06 AM
Point? The Rogue One cross-sections book also had design concepts that didn't match what was on film.

The point... I posted a relevant picture to the discussion. If you don't like it I'd down, but you know, there's no edit feature.

I'm guessing Finn and Poe need to join the squadron at the last minute to make up numbers, so they don't have their flight gear. Honestly I doubt an organised military aerial force would be flying Red Baron style into combat without protective head gear. That's just unprofessional. Unless they're all hung over from Han's funeral and caught with their pants down.

Nerdherfer
08-25-2017, 03:07 AM
I'd *take*it down

Coreworld
08-25-2017, 05:59 AM
Don't know if anyone's seen this yet, but here is an in hand review of the Ski Speeder. (Along with a Rathtar and a 6'BS Emporeres royal guard.) I think I will be getting this one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQP-DhNaQ0w

Nerdherfer
08-25-2017, 06:46 AM
Nice! I hope that guy keeps doing reviews. I hadn't thought about what they would do with the underside. Shouldn't be surprised. There is some good detail in that vehicle. The engine is a definite bonus!

RaptorBandito
08-25-2017, 08:31 AM
Nice! I hope that guy keeps doing reviews. I hadn't thought about what they would do with the underside. Shouldn't be surprised. There is some good detail in that vehicle. The engine is a definite bonus!

Ya, that was a nice surprise. It's nice to see Hasbro putting more effort into their vehicles again. They aren't as high of quality as some of TVC vehicles, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Batman
08-26-2017, 08:14 AM
Those wings hollow underneath kill what could have been a great fugly toy. So cheap.

Deak_Starkiller
08-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Ya, that was a nice surprise. It's nice to see Hasbro putting more effort into their vehicles again. They aren't as high of quality as some of TVC vehicles, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

The pricepoint difference between 5POA and TVC vehicles seems to me be shifting to the higher end. For example, based on the amount of effort Hasbro is putting into TVC vehicles like the Hoverhank, pricepoints for vehicles like that would be expected to hit around $60 or over. Now I can understand Hasbro's reasons for shortcutting on 5POA vehicles, but to me, there's going to be a certain cap off where pricepoint and quality for the 5POA customer will significantly affect desirability.

Now some of the ways Hasbro could avoid that kind of cap off is remove pack-in figures and market those as single carded. Of course, you take up more slots in the single carded line, but Kenner seemed to do OK with vehicles sans figures. OTOH, if you remove the Poe figure from the ski-speeder for example, you stand the possible risk of that figure becoming a pegwarmer. The point of all this is for Hasbro is consistently consider their customers' willingness to choose between value and quality.

Deak_Starkiller
08-26-2017, 09:23 AM
Sorry for the double quote...I understood it just fine. :D

Masterfett
08-26-2017, 02:31 PM
Yeah, with 5POA line i think figure pack-ins should be removed from vehicles. It cuts down on figure repeats, and lowers the price. After all who needs another Poe and Kylo?

Batman
08-26-2017, 02:38 PM
Yeah, with 5POA line i think figure pack-ins should be removed from vehicles. It cuts down on figure repeats, and lowers the price. After all who needs another Poe and Kylo?

Pack ins should be masked troopers or pilots.

Deak_Starkiller
08-26-2017, 06:08 PM
I don't know for sure if the recent Saga Legends line was going through what Kenner did with vehicles and figures as completely separate entities. Again, there was notable absence of vehicles during the Saga Legends/Mission Series so who knows what direction it was going unless there was a shift in focus that included Star Wars Rebels and Force Awakens merchandise at the time of the ownership change.

DarthPete
09-02-2017, 12:14 PM
If for whatever reason anyone picked up two of these, or just doesn't want the Poe figure, PM me. :)

Lance_Quazar
09-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Pack ins should be masked troopers or pilots.

They're not stupid. Pack-ins increase the likelihood someone will buy the darn thing. Especially when it's a unique figure like this one.

Heck, I came this close to buying it just for the figure...

SaberSonic83
09-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know what Hasbro was referring to in their press statement on this vehicle saying it has a "motion tilt mechanism"? I have no idea what this is, after looking all over the vehicle.

I hope everyone at least noticed the seatbelt, because it sure makes putting the figure in the cockpit easier and Poe sits deeper and more in line with the windscreen instead of above it. It's barely in the literature and doesn't even call it "seat belt" just gives you some arrows pointing at it, but to me it wasn't clear the first time around. Also, the middle shell comes up and off for a "working on my vehicle" look, kind of like they gave us with the Snowspeeder's removable panel in TVC and also the Cloud Car. I thought that was a cool detail that makes the ship more worthwhile.

The only thing I can figure the motion tilt is for was for when you actually wear the Force Link and tilt the ship, it does activate a different sound, but that happens for any ship, so maybe they were referring to the spring loaded line dragger on the bottom of the ship where you hold it? Who knows, I'm just curious now.

Lance_Quazar
09-02-2017, 01:18 PM
If for whatever reason anyone picked up two of these, or just doesn't want the Poe figure, PM me. :)

No, PM me! I'll pay fifty cents more than DarthPete's highest bid.

DarthPete
09-02-2017, 02:22 PM
No, PM me! I'll pay fifty cents more than DarthPete's highest bid.

PREPARE YOURSELF, SIR, for an ALL OUT BIDDING WAR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnnU8ZycgiU

MightyMegs
09-03-2017, 11:43 AM
I can only get the ship to make 1 sound, so I don't know.

I'm betting 'motion tilt mechanism' is Hasbro-speak for the handle.

SaberSonic83
09-03-2017, 12:31 PM
I can only get the ship to make 1 sound, so I don't know.

I'm betting 'motion tilt mechanism' is Hasbro-speak for the handle.

Yeah, I think that's gotta be it, originally I thought it was similar to the B-Wing where the cockpit would rotate, but not so. If that is the motion tilt feature, it's the worst place to hold the ship by as it's designed to be held above that spring-loaded tail thing.

darth_sidious
09-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Spotted this at retail and I dig the figure, so I hope it is repacked like the Cassian figure from the U-wing was, as I don't collect large vehicles!

Vorax
09-04-2017, 04:55 PM
It looks OK but I passed on it for now. I will get one eventually for the collection but maybe when it goes on clearance.

DarthPete
09-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Anyone lost interest in their Poe figure yet? ;)

Masterfett
09-28-2017, 03:10 PM
I haven't lost interest in his jacket. If there were an SA version of this figure, that would be neat! Though I don't need that ship. lol

Lance_Quazar
09-28-2017, 09:17 PM
I haven't lost interest in his jacket. If there were an SA version of this figure, that would be neat! Though I don't need that ship. lol

Assuming that they are making a second wave of Black Series figures for TLJ (seriously, how could they not?), it must include the following:

Rey
FO Disguise Finn
Jacket Poe

Those are absolutely essential.

Masterfett
09-29-2017, 10:12 PM
I could type a whole list of essentials for ROGUE ONE we didn't get though...
Not to mention they're mostly repacks, something Hasbro likes.

Lance_Quazar
09-29-2017, 11:45 PM
I could type a whole list of essentials for ROGUE ONE we didn't get though...
Not to mention they're mostly repacks, something Hasbro likes.

Sure. Of course I wish we got more than four SA figures in the Rogue One line.

But since we now know that the Saga releases are getting a much more robust merchandising push than the spinoffs, we can assume (hope?) that the TLJ lines will be comparable to the TFA line in size.

So there will still be four more black series figures to come. So assuming there's four more, I think the three I listed above are obvious and much-needed choices.

It would be extremely strange not to have SA figures of Poe and Finn and especially Rey.

Masterfett
09-30-2017, 12:18 PM
I just hope they don't repack TFA Finn and Poe, considering Rey is getting repacked...

My pick of course would be FO Disguise Finn & Rose 2pk, Poe(Jacket), DJ, Hux, Resistance Pilot.
Secondaries that likely/literally wont happen Admiral Holdo, Leia, Ackbar.

Lance_Quazar
09-30-2017, 05:16 PM
I just hope they don't repack TFA Finn and Poe, considering Rey is getting repacked...

My pick of course would be FO Disguise Finn & Rose 2pk, Poe(Jacket), DJ, Hux, Resistance Pilot.
Secondaries that likely/literally wont happen Admiral Holdo, Leia, Ackbar.

Isn't Rey getting repackaged for the Vintage line, though. Presumably, there has to be a TLJ version? Makes sense for that to be black series wave two.

I can't imagine they'll make Rose in disguise in SA since one is coming out in the Five POA line. However, Finn in Disguise seems like a good choice since they really should have a new SA finn, but the jacket version is boring and too similar to the TFA one which was a slow seller. Finn in disguise would be a slam dunk.

I'd be great to see an SA Leia, either from TFA or TLJ, since the TFA version was a useless outfit that was had ten seconds of screentime and, tragically, there won't be an Episode Nine Leia.

But I can't imagine we'll see tertiary characters like Hux or Akbar or the others. I'm not happy about it, but that seems par for the course (at least until SA is no longer an exclusive-only subline.)

R1G4R3PO
10-07-2017, 06:40 PM
got this today at barnes n noble w/ a 20% off coupon. Was surprised the reg price was same as main retailers. Nice ship for $33 and change after tax, nice throwback to Bwing as well.

Nighthawk
10-12-2017, 10:59 AM
Got this last night for C$34.97 (which works out to $28US). For that price, it's a great ship, but I would never have gotten it at the regular Canadian price of C$59.99. I put the pilot Poe in there and he fits really nicely.

https://i.imgur.com/iLir33W.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/89iKhIx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UagPRmU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dYPK0mX.jpg

Didn't know this before, but that little laser cannon under the cockpit at the front actually swivels side to side.
https://i.imgur.com/MxyzsjB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QcVSPuH.jpg

patrickdurfee
11-07-2017, 03:19 PM
In Star Wars, how does a person even fly in the new Ski Speeders and shoot the laser cannons? Is there some kind of weird technical explanation as to how someone flys around in a Ski Speeder that looks like a B Wing used in planet

Geist
11-07-2017, 10:08 PM
This is 23 bucks on both Amazon and Target. Texting TOYS to 827438 gets you an extra 25% off at Target, so I nabbed it online for in-store pickup for $19 and change.

Masterfett
12-09-2017, 01:43 PM
I happened upon this on Walmart's website for under $18, so I caved and bought it! I don't mind paying $20 for ships, like the old days. lol
With what i have in mind though, i may need to get another one. Hopefully at a much cheaper price though. I don't want this project turning into a $60 one.
I'm also hoping that I can Modify the jacket a bit to fit on someone else.

Also got the Tie Striker for $17, and another small item which got me free shipping.

activistfangirl
12-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Got this last night for C$34.97 (which works out to $28US). For that price, it's a great ship, but I would never have gotten it at the regular Canadian price of C$59.99. I put the pilot Poe in there and he fits really nicely.

https://i.imgur.com/iLir33W.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/89iKhIx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UagPRmU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dYPK0mX.jpg

Didn't know this before, but that little laser cannon under the cockpit at the front actually swivels side to side.
https://i.imgur.com/MxyzsjB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QcVSPuH.jpg

Does the cockpit window close at all or does it stay permanently open?

JediDelight
12-10-2017, 06:05 PM
$14.97 on Amazon right now.

darth_sidious
12-10-2017, 08:17 PM
If it hits $10, I'll buy it just for the figure! Likewise, if anyone is buying this and other ships, and doesn't like 5 POA figures - shoot me a PM to set up a trade / sale.

Geist
12-12-2017, 10:32 PM
I'm really smitten with this ship design, and it displays well. I'm certainly glad I didn't get it at $40, but it's not a bad purchase at all.

KypDurron420
12-13-2017, 01:04 AM
Kind of looks like someone went half way making a vehicle.

They should have used T-16's. That would have been hilarious. And it's a better looking vehicle/toy. :{J