PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo (2018) Toys - General Discussion Thread

GNT
05-12-2017, 03:43 AM
Please use this thread to discuss any potential Han Solo (2018) movie toys.

SPOILER WARNING APPLIES

RS member Coreworld posted a link to a page (https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/05/new-concept-art-featuring-ship-designs-from-the-han-solo-movie-have-surfaced-on-ebay.html) that has designs of new vehicles even a rough sketch of the new Han Solo, while we don't know what they'll be used for, what do you think the chances of seeing them in the basic toyline are?

Trooper31
05-12-2017, 04:23 AM
Han looks like his clothes are too big for him. Very TESB, though.

That ship looks interesting. It has a bit of AT-AT head to it.

DarkArtist
05-12-2017, 06:55 AM
Han looks like his clothes are too big for him. Very TESB, though.

That ship looks interesting. It has a bit of AT-AT head to it.

that AT-AT ship look bad*** I want one! Han's outfit looks way to similar to ESB and TFA. I was hoping for some all new kinda look for Han

Masterfett
05-12-2017, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I was going to say that design looks very familiar. Also looks like a couple older concepts will be reused again.

I feel the same, he couldn't have worn that outfit all his life. Just because he isn't wearing the same clothes doesn't mean we wont know it is supposed to be Han.
I hope this isn't another instance of "confusion". lol Be nice if we could see him in something different early in his career.

DarkArtist
05-12-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm wondering if they are going to pull from the EU and give us Imperial Han rescuing Chewbacca ?

Coreworld
05-12-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm wondering if they are going to pull from the EU and give us Imperial Han rescuing Chewbacca ?

I'd hope so, hopefully they won't meddle too much with established lore, but then who knows? Seeing that speeder/pod mashup, I'm hoping to see Hans time as a swoop jockey explored and maybe feature an altercation with a scarred and bandaged future bounty hunter...

Lobotscomb
05-12-2017, 11:30 AM
nobody pointed out yet that two of the pics are the underbelly of the AT-AT upside down?:whistling:

Masterfett
05-12-2017, 04:31 PM
While I would like the Imperial background story as well, i feel they would want to distance themselves from that. And try something new(their own) take on it.
Keep him as a smuggler type all his life, and one time while transporting for the Empire he frees Chewy. Considering it would essentially take place between ROTS and ANH, it would be plausible for him to be on Kashyyk when he witnesses the brutality of the Empire. Thus decides to help somehow, freeing Chewy and his Family. Which leads to Chewy's life debt. Plus, by introducing the family, we might get to see them again! Or for the first time as Canon.

There is plenty of possibilities for this movie beyond just Han Solo, IMO.

my_kind_of_scum
05-12-2017, 05:23 PM
So, with the new Vintage collection hitting around the same time as this movie, will the Solo figures just be released in that line? Or do you think they will do a "budget" line as well? I've seen conflicting reports as to whether TVC will be the main 3 3/4" line when it is released.

Masterfett
05-12-2017, 08:45 PM
I imagine it will continue just like it has, with 5POA being the focus and SA being what it is. The only difference now, is that we'll find them at more places than just Walmart.
So for Han Solo, I'm guessing it will be just like the Rogue One release. 3-5 key characters in SA, with the rest being in 5POA line.

Unfortunately the new casting may cause some issues, particularly what versions will be released where. Many have been after a Lando update for years, but will Hasbro offer two different figures of two different actors? And which one would get the SA treatment first? Seems like that would be in the "confusion" territory. lol

In the old days before 5POA, we know what we'd be in for. Now it's not so clear. Personally, I don't need anymore figures of Han or Chewy regardless of who's likeness it is. However, if some of the secondary cast have an interesting look or part in the movie. I mat want them, who knows. I would have like an SA Chirrut...

That said, it's probably way too early to be speculating on this line. TLJ will be the focus going forward.

ReturnoftheJedi
05-13-2017, 01:02 PM
While I would like the Imperial background story as well, i feel they would want to distance themselves from that. And try something new(their own) take on it.
Keep him as a smuggler type all his life, and one time while transporting for the Empire he frees Chewy. Considering it would essentially take place between ROTS and ANH, it would be plausible for him to be on Kashyyk when he witnesses the brutality of the Empire. Thus decides to help somehow, freeing Chewy and his Family. Which leads to Chewy's life debt. Plus, by introducing the family, we might get to see them again! Or for the first time as Canon.

There is plenty of possibilities for this movie beyond just Han Solo, IMO.

Didn't we already meet them in the Holiday Special?

ReturnoftheJedi
05-13-2017, 01:09 PM
I imagine it will continue just like it has, with 5POA being the focus and SA being what it is. The only difference now, is that we'll find them at more places than just Walmart.
So for Han Solo, I'm guessing it will be just like the Rogue One release. 3-5 key characters in SA, with the rest being in 5POA line.

Unfortunately the new casting may cause some issues, particularly what versions will be released where. Many have been after a Lando update for years, but will Hasbro offer two different figures of two different actors? And which one would get the SA treatment first? Seems like that would be in the "confusion" territory. lol

In the old days before 5POA, we know what we'd be in for. Now it's not so clear. Personally, I don't need anymore figures of Han or Chewy regardless of who's likeness it is. However, if some of the secondary cast have an interesting look or part in the movie. I mat want them, who knows. I would have like an SA Chirrut...

That said, it's probably way too early to be speculating on this line. TLJ will be the focus going forward.

Think Kenner, only their legacy lives on through the traditional 5-POA on all their figures. Also, we want the return of the new massive Millennium Falcon. Why did I give away that big Millennium Falcon? I still have the original instructions, though.

Masterfett
05-13-2017, 07:48 PM
Didn't we already meet them in the Holiday Special?
Yep, but I wasn't 100% sure that was Canon. Plus it would give them the chance to expand upon their back story and relations.

darth_sidious
05-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Anyone else have mixed feelings about buying a Han Solo figure that isn't in the likeness of Harrison Ford? To me, Harrison IS Han just like he's Indiana Jones - it will be hard to see an action figure with the likeness of another actor. I honestly have reservations about this movie and its product line right now...

Sith_Dreamer
05-13-2017, 08:34 PM
Anyone else have mixed feelings about buying a Han Solo figure that isn't in the likeness of Harrison Ford? To me, Harrison IS Han just like he's Indiana Jones - it will be hard to see an action figure with the likeness of another actor. I honestly have reservations about this movie and its product line right now...

I know the feeling. Not so much the toy because, well, there's several Han figures that don't exactly resemble Ford. :P Seriously though, since it's a young Han, I'm going to give it a shot, but I want to see him in action, and see if he can embody Han. I thought I was only going to be cautious with Rogue One, as the first spin-off, but I ended up loving it, and yet, now I realize that with each spin-off being it's own thing, I'm not sure what to expect each time. Though I'm kind of expecting something like the Han Solo spin-off to end up becoming a trilogy if it does well.

bob_solo
05-14-2017, 12:29 AM
Personally, I would love to see them begin & end this one in a similar fashion to a "special" episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, in that the movie is bookended by "current day" scenes of Harrison Ford as Old Han telling the story of his adventures to Rey & Finn aboard the Falcon - sort of a "deleted scene" from TFA during their trip to Takodana. I think it would really add credibility to the movie if they could get Ford to do it.

And seeing the pic of the bike, I agree - could it be we'll get the EU scene of Han and Dengar's swoop race? Would love to see that, although if any bounty hunters are present, Fett is a must in some capacity. Hopefully they can get Daniel Logan to play the part if he is in it.

Masterfett
05-14-2017, 04:36 PM
Same here. However, I don't have mixed feelings at all. I have no interest in anything non Harrison Ford concerning Han, It's just how i feel about it. That said, i wont hate on the new Actor who portrays him. It just isn't my cup of tea, or meant for me.

I may buy a figure of him for customizing though, If he's SA.

R1G4R3PO
05-14-2017, 07:30 PM

No offense, just playing devil's advocate here as I see and understand your point, but what is difference for Han Solo and Lando for that matter, getting a new younger actor vs Obi-Wan, Anakin, Tarkin, and Mon Mothma having younger actors portraying them. I would include Boba Fett but I kinda agree with you w/ Boba Fett in AOTC.

Sith_Dreamer
05-14-2017, 08:52 PM
No offense, just playing devil's advocate here as I see and understand your point, but what is difference for Han Solo and Lando for that matter, getting a new younger actor vs Obi-Wan, Anakin, Tarkin, and Mon Mothma having younger actors portraying them. I would include Boba Fett but I kinda agree with you w/ Boba Fett in AOTC.

I would like to say, I could barely tell the difference between the Mon Mothma actress in R1 and the original, so that might be a bad example. That said, I actually didn't really think of it that way. I was fine with Boba myself, since I saw AotC as a teen and it just always ended up clicking that Boba was always a clone, so he was always Daniel Logan as a kid and Temura Morrison as an adult (even though he wasn't when Empire was made.).

bob_solo
05-14-2017, 10:02 PM

As far as Anakin and Tarkin go, Old Anakin and Young Tarkin were onscreen for such a small amount of time, there was nothing jarring about it. There's a reason they went the CGI route in Rogue One though, and to me, it worked fine. Now, in the case of Obi-Wan, I can see the point, although Alec Guinness as Kenobi, big as it was, is still not nearly as iconic as Harrison Ford/Han Solo. Add to that the amazing job Ewan MacGregor did - from the moment you heard his voice in the first teaser for TPM, you knew it would work. To me, young Kenobi has become one of the more popular characters of all the movies, never mind the prequels, and Ewan's performance was so good, I would have no problem with them aging him up to play a Force Ghost in Ep. VIII or IX if the plot calls for it.

KypDurron420
05-15-2017, 12:35 AM
I hope we get a really great Falcon with all the interior.

And maybe even an AT from the pics.

I see a bit of X-wing PC game in the design of one craft. It looks like a Stormtrooper transport.

And I here that woody and emilia's roles are based off of characters from the Han Solo Trilogy novels

I hope we also see the Lady Luck at some point in the film. They used the ship model in Rebels. Maybe it will show up here too? :{D

Masterfett
05-15-2017, 05:36 PM
Never said I was okay with those switcheroos/recasts either. Boba Fett doesn't matter, no one ever saw under the helmet and he only had 10 minutes of screen time.

GNT
05-15-2017, 06:29 PM

No problems with it here, the film is set before the OT so recasting is necessary. You can't expect Harrison Ford who's 74 to play a young 25 year old version of himself or Billie Dee Williams to play young Lando, it's just not going to work and CGI would cost millions to fix every single bit of frame, not only that health issues have a major problem for the OT cast, I think the last time I saw BDW he could hardly talk.

We're in a new era where the newer actors will take on these roles for this film and beyond. Which is great news for collectors - we'll get lots of new action figures of the main cast.

DarkArtist
05-16-2017, 07:53 AM
I have no issues with the recasts of the actors playing the characters that we grew up with. I thought Ewan played a great Obi Wan Kenobi. until we see the film and how the actors embrace the characters it's too early to decide.

darth_sidious
05-16-2017, 09:02 AM

For me, it boils down to how iconic the character has become because of the actor. Likewise, whether an actor played a character in the same era / age range is important. Harrison was fairly young during ANH - so that's burnt into my memory. Not to mention, Harrison just played Han Solo in TFA, which remains fresh in many fans minds. With characters like Kenobi, decades had gone by between the OT and PT, and the previous actor was long gone. I don't mind them telling new stories with different actors, but I generally feel that Han's storyline is told and the prospect of a new likeness for an iconic character makes me wonder whether I'll want to collect for that movie. I honesty wish they'd step away from OT characters for these non-trilogy movies. I'm excited to collect TLJ figures, but I have no real excitement for the Solo movie as of yet...

R1G4R3PO
05-16-2017, 09:19 AM
^ that's fair. I somewhat feel same way w/ recasting Batman and Spiderman etc. Part of me is thinking before Disney is done w/ sw, they'll redo the IT and i swear I hope I am wrong. But that seems to be the biggest MO in movie making now..reboot, and redo over and over

R1G4R3PO
05-16-2017, 09:20 AM
So casting a young actor for classic characters is a way to cast that remake of it happens but again I HOPE NOT

darth_sidious
05-16-2017, 09:39 AM
^ that's fair. I somewhat feel same way w/ recasting Batman and Spiderman etc. Part of me is thinking before Disney is done w/ sw, they'll redo the IT and i swear I hope I am wrong. But that seems to be the biggest MO in movie making now..reboot, and redo over and over

Another icon for me would be Sigourney from the Alien franchise - I cant imagine anyone else playing Ripley, so I'm happy they aren't jumping back in the timeline with her character in these new movies. Sometimes an actor so perfects embodies the character that they are attached to that character for the rest of their lives by fandom. Harrison has that with both Han Solo and Indiana Jones in my opinion. I'm not judging this new movie before I see it, it could end up entertaining - but the thrill simply isn't there for a recast.

Oddball_Fett
05-16-2017, 03:40 PM
Seeing that speeder/pod mashup, I'm hoping to see Hans time as a swoop jockey explored and maybe feature an altercation with a scarred and bandaged future bounty hunter...

I cannot emphasise enough how much I am NOT hoping to see this. (Some ideas are best left non-canon)

And I here that woody and emilia's roles are based off of characters from the Han Solo Trilogy novels

Brian Daley trilogy I hope, rather than the cheesy later trilogy.

GNT
05-16-2017, 03:48 PM
So casting a young actor for classic characters is a way to cast that remake of it happens but again I HOPE NOT

They wouldn't be bothering with using the same OT actors in TFA/TLJ if they were ever going to remake the OT, in fact they would've done a whole reboot first before doing any other Star Wars films so I believe we're all safe, the only thing they'll do is splice movies here and there within the trilogy and beyond.

Masterfett
05-16-2017, 08:48 PM
No problems with it here, the film is set before the OT so recasting is necessary. You can't expect Harrison Ford who's 74 to play a young 25 year old version of himself or Billie Dee Williams to play young Lando, it's just not going to work and CGI would cost millions to fix every single bit of frame, not only that health issues have a major problem for the OT cast, I think the last time I saw BDW he could hardly talk.

We're in a new era where the newer actors will take on these roles for this film and beyond. Which is great news for collectors - we'll get lots of new action figures of the main cast.
Hence why they shouldn't be doing this. :rolleyes:

Yes, we are in a new era. An era where I thought we'd get actual NEW movies, about NEW characters. Not new Female versions of Luke, along with him as the torch passer...

When they decide to do something set n the KotOR era, or 100 year post TFA call me!

phasmasboytoy
05-17-2017, 09:26 AM
This is just gonna be a bullet point of the character's pre-OT milestones with some callbacks and expendable new characters thrown in. Maybe the trailer will be brilliant and change my mind but who knows. I would rather Disney save the prequels and side stories for Netflix.

Sith_Dreamer
05-17-2017, 10:34 PM
Hence why they shouldn't be doing this. :rolleyes:

Yes, we are in a new era. An era where I thought we'd get actual NEW movies, about NEW characters. Not new Female versions of Luke, along with him as the torch passer...

When they decide to do something set n the KotOR era, or 100 year post TFA call me!

I'll at least give the Han movie this: I don't know what to expect. I unfortunately am already predicting we'll see the Kessel Run or some other major reference point from Han's past, but with Rogue One, we knew it involved a group of people that somehow gained the Death Star plans. We knew they got them and where they ended up. I did love Rogue One though for having some good characters that were well fleshed out for not having any previous time in any media. I'm at least hoping this spin-off can impress and surprise me.

Coreworld
05-18-2017, 11:52 AM
I'll at least give the Han movie this: I don't know what to expect. I unfortunately am already predicting we'll see the Kessel Run or some other major reference point from Han's past, but with Rogue One, we knew it involved a group of people that somehow gained the Death Star plans. We knew they got them and where they ended up. I did love Rogue One though for having some good characters that were well fleshed out for not having any previous time in any media. I'm at least hoping this spin-off can impress and surprise me.

But how does he end up on the kessel run? Is he being pursued? Taking part in a race? I hope to be surprised as a number of givens are turned on their head to give a new spin on the Solo mythos.

Masterfett
05-18-2017, 05:41 PM
The "Kessel Run" is merely a hyperspace route, in which he made good time. Most likely on the "run" from the Empire, or en-route to a delivery where time was an issue.
So if it is used, I would guess that is how it will play out. He's been hired to deliver a shipment, but it's time sensitive. Thus he needs to make the "Kessel Run".

At least i hope so. I have no interest in it turning out to be a 50K run, in support of Wookiee mistreatment! lol

Sith_Dreamer
05-18-2017, 09:49 PM
The "Kessel Run" is merely a hyperspace route, in which he made good time. Most likely on the "run" from the Empire, or en-route to a delivery where time was an issue.
So if it is used, I would guess that is how it will play out. He's been hired to deliver a shipment, but it's time sensitive. Thus he needs to make the "Kessel Run".

At least i hope so. I have no interest in it turning out to be a 50K run, in support of Wookiee mistreatment! lol

That'd certainly subvert my expectations.

GNT
05-19-2017, 07:50 AM
New pictures have surfaced of some land vehicles including Han's "Hanmobile" which is what I'm calling it that could be made into a toy. Very 1966 Batmobile like on the right side (Must be filming from one side)

DarkArtist
05-19-2017, 09:11 AM
But how does he end up on the kessel run? Is he being pursued? Taking part in a race? I hope to be surprised as a number of givens are turned on their head to give a new spin on the Solo mythos.

The "Kessel Run" is the route taken to transport the "Illegal Spices" that are mined in the spice mines of Kessel. Han was a smuggler who was hired by Jabba to deliver the spice. He's pursued by the Empire and in an effort to same Chewbacca and himself from being captured by the Empire he dumps the spice. that's the Cargo that Jabba is furious about with Han for losing and that's why Jabba places a bounty on Han.

it's not a race or anything like that

Masterfett
05-19-2017, 10:33 AM
According to old EU now Legends, but we don't know what Disney has planned. I just didn't feel like writing the whole Wiki article on the subject.

War_in_The_floor
05-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Yeah I just saw those as well G, I LOVE The look and feel of those! My sons are into cars and racing now AND Star w2ars and are at the age this could really set them off, I will want every speeder they make!

DarthPete
05-19-2017, 04:19 PM
New pictures have surfaced of some land vehicles including Han's "Hanmobile" which is what I'm calling it that could be made into a toy. Very 1966 Batmobile like on the right side (Must be filming from one side)

Link to the pictures?

ReturnoftheJedi
05-19-2017, 04:32 PM
Who here thinks Han Solo at some point would make it into Rebels?

GNT
05-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Pics are up at TMZ or makingstarwars.net

DarkArtist
05-22-2017, 08:43 AM

it's possible. I mean we already have both Lando and Leia in Rebels as well as Luke running on Tatoonie. Han is sure to follow I'd imagine.

ReturnoftheJedi
05-22-2017, 12:20 PM
it's possible. I mean we already have both Lando and Leia in Rebels as well as Luke running on Tatoonie. Han is sure to follow I'd imagine.

Yeah, we haven't seen Lando in years...except in parodies mostly by Robot Chicken.

DarkArtist
05-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Yeah, we haven't seen Lando in years...except in parodies mostly by Robot Chicken.

well so far on Rebels we've had the following characters from ANH:

Grand Moff Tarkin
Darth Vader
Princess Leia
Luke Skywalker - seen running across Tatoonie being called by either Owen or beru (can't remember)
R2-D2
C-3PO
General Dodonna
Wedge Antilles
Bail Organa
Obi Wan Kenobi
Stormtroopers
Yularen

ESB:
Yoda
Lando Calrissian

the next logical step would be to include Han and perhaps a few of the Imperial Officers from the movie like Motti and Tagge. I'd also love to see an episode introducing Biggs Darklighter and his defection from the Empire and maybe Luke and friends racing through Tatoonie in their T-16's.

if it was up to me the last episodes of Rebels would be about tying up the loose ends with the main characters from the show (what happens before the events of ANH?? do they get killed etc.. me personally I like the idea of them landing on Alderaan to deliver something to Bail Organa just minutes before the DS blows up the planet), and maybe have the ending of RO/beginning of ANH blend into Rebels with a young Luke seeing the battle through his macrobinoculars (deleted scene from ANH)

bob_solo
05-22-2017, 02:46 PM
Supposedly Hera and Chopper do survive, as I heard there's a story coming out in which they are on a mission for Leia sometime after ANH, and I think Han is involved as well (would love to see Han & Chewie have a cameo in Rebels, the way Lando did - does make sense). And I wouldn't be surprised if something in TLJ will clue us in to the fate of any of Ezra, Kanan, or Ahsoka before Rebels actually ties it up.

Masterfett
05-22-2017, 09:46 PM
TBH, I could do without i'm appearing. But I'm sure it will happen.

DarkArtist
05-23-2017, 07:53 AM
TBH, I could do without i'm appearing. But I'm sure it will happen.

Han's cameo doesn't have to be a whole episode like with Leia and Lando... I'd be fine with Han as a background smuggler or a shot of the Falcon flying over Lothal or something. I could even go for something along the lines of Han and Chewie sitting in a cantina on Lothal when the main cast (or who's left) walks in and then you see a shot of the Falcon flying off over Lothal.

VideoViper
05-23-2017, 01:21 PM
I don't really want to see main movie characters show up, (except maybe as nods to viewers) But we also got Chewie in the Clone Wars, so at this point Han showing up is only a matter of time (unless his movie is keeping him out of it for some reason)

Masterfett
05-23-2017, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't mind a brief cameo, with him being an old close friend to Hera. Which might make Kanan a tad jealous.

Trooper31
05-24-2017, 11:19 AM

Oh, my. I hope not. They've made the universe so small already and we really don't need Han in Rebels.

In my opinion, if the show can make it interesting enough without all of the OT characters, then they should have never made it.

CHEWIE
05-24-2017, 11:21 AM
Oh, my. I hope not. They've made the universe so small already and we really don't need Han in Rebels.

In my opinion, if the show can make it interesting enough without all of the OT characters, then they should have never made it.

Agreed 200%. I'm so tired of the watering down of everything holy in Star Wars.

War_in_The_floor
05-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Watering down and milking. watery milk

Deak_Starkiller
06-03-2017, 07:20 AM
But you can't help with them (TPTB) toying with the idea over the years, i.e. the young Solo concept art in the prequels and actually getting away with it in LEGO SW ('Ian' Solo).

DarkArtist
06-05-2017, 07:31 AM
But you can't help with them (TPTB) toying with the idea over the years, i.e. the young Solo concept art in the prequels and actually getting away with it in LEGO SW ('Ian' Solo).

you beat me too the "Ian" Solo comment... lol. I like the idea of Han being a rival smuggler to Hera or an old ally, or someone that owes Hera a debt. he doesn't have to be a huge part of the story arc.. maybe a few shots of him sitting in a cantina in the background, talking with Hera about a smuggling job and than maybe showing up at the last minute in the Falcon saving the Ghost crew's butt and saying something like "our Debt is square"

Coreworld
09-14-2017, 12:16 PM
!Possible spoilers!

Expect the Millennium Falcon to sport a slightly different look in the upcoming movie, you know the drill:

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/09/falcon-look-like-untitled-star-wars-han-solo-story/

Masterfett
09-14-2017, 12:41 PM
I heard about that, but I'm not letting it bother me. There are far more important aspects about this movie being done right, than a ship being a different color.
Or whether it's new or old.

Besides they're just going to repaint the TFA falcon, so don't get your hopes up for a new one! lol

Since this ship won't likely be seen much until the end, I'm curious if they plan to make the ship he'll actually be using throughout the movie? And I wonder what that looks like? Considering this movie comes out 6 months after the bigger TLJ, will it get much at all in the way of toys? Or just a dabbling, before they move onto the next one. In movie terms it come right on the heels of TLJ, compared to the now year and a half away EP9.

Coreworld
09-14-2017, 03:26 PM
I heard about that, but I'm not letting it bother me. There are far more important aspects about this movie being done right, than a ship being a different color.
Or whether it's new or old.

Besides they're just going to repaint the TFA falcon, so don't get your hopes up for a new one! lol

Since this ship won't likely be seen much until the end, I'm curious if they plan to make the ship he'll actually be using throughout the movie? And I wonder what that looks like? Considering this movie comes out 6 months after the bigger TLJ, will it get much at all in the way of toys? Or just a dabbling, before they move onto the next one. In movie terms it come right on the heels of TLJ, compared to the now year and a half away EP9.

After recently getting the BMF, it would take an out of this world, screen accurate down to the last nook and cranny Falcon to make me buy another, lol! I too am most curious on what amount of merchandise we are going to get-for this movie, now the release date of IX has shifted, Hasbro must have virtually finished all of what is coming out for this one. I foresee Han's Speeder car, Imperial pursuit vehicle (the Speeder seen chasing Hans Speeder) as you mention a repainted TFA Falcon (with Force Link tech instead of the NERF crap).

R1G4R3PO
09-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Joker at jta, they are speculating what the launch day theme for the HS line could be like force friday, rogue Friday and ff2. They came up w/ "wookie weekend" but i was thinking since disney and lucasfilm and hadbro like to repeat that this is a kids line and all but comtinuously have a mm event on a school night, why would they go w/ "weekend" might as well stay w/ the backward logic theme and go w/ " wookie wednesday" ( but tell wm it's the Friday b4 so that they'll get stuff out by WW lol.)

R1G4R3PO
09-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Over..not "joker" although some here will think that was intentional, but it wasnt

DarthPete
09-18-2017, 12:33 PM
I heard an interesting theory that Lor San Tekka from TFA will have a younger counterpart in the Han Solo film and we'll find he's related to or connected in some way to Han Solo. Like he's Uncle Lor, Han's mom's brother, lol. Thus how she knows Ben and Leia but is absent from the OT.

Julythrunov
09-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Thank goodness because there aren't enough people connected to other people in the Star Wars universe.

Masterfett
09-18-2017, 07:38 PM
I hope it's jut a theory. That sounds too absurd, or trying too hard to connect TFA to the OT. Especially when they already have 6 main characters that do that.

Maverick10126
09-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Does everything have to be connected?? *sigh*

Deak_Starkiller
09-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Maybe Han's the one he encountered when he flew from one side of the galaxy to the next, seeing a lot of strange stuff. Hey, there's got to be an origin to his 'hokey religions' and 'ancient weapons' comment, right? :P

JVM
10-12-2017, 02:44 AM
I don't think it's a problem for Tekka to know Han and Leia, but it would be a big stretch if they were related. We really don't need to keep trying to replicate the 'I am your father' moment.

GNT
10-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Does everything have to be connected?? *sigh*

Yes because that's how Star Wars rolls - everyone is related and the same themes always reoccur.

Nicklab
10-17-2017, 04:32 AM
I heard an interesting theory that Lor San Tekka from TFA will have a younger counterpart in the Han Solo film and we'll find he's related to or connected in some way to Han Solo. Like he's Uncle Lor, Han's mom's brother, lol. Thus how she knows Ben and Leia but is absent from the OT.

Count me as yet another who is not a fan of things being too connected. Something that's been said from inside Lucasfilm is that they're trying to make the universe bigger, not draw it closer together. Personally, I don't see the story linkage for Lor San Tekka to be involved in the Han Solo story. Most notably because of his dialogue in TFA where he says about Leia "To me, she's royalty". That line says to me that he might be from Alderaan and was probably off-world when the Death Star destroyed Leia's home planet in ANH.

As for the Han Solo line? I'm definitely looking forward to it. I wonder if the Falcon might have some of those blue markings that we saw on the YT-1300 that was a ROTS easter egg. And given one of Ron Howard's most recent reveals on Instagram? Oh PLEASE make figures of Tag & Bink!!!!!

DarthPete
10-17-2017, 07:45 AM
In my opinion the greatest offenses of things being too connected are Yoda getting a piggy back ride from Chewie, and the crowing moment--- Darth Vader builds C3PO. I will never, ever be able to get past that. Just have 3PO as a palace droid on Naboo. Done. And it preserves the 3PO and R2 running around having adventures well before the skywalkers, mythos.

HothHan
10-17-2017, 09:37 AM
Vader building 3PO is by far the worst subtraction by addition in the entire PT. Ugh...

Nicklab
10-17-2017, 10:19 AM
Principle photography has wrapped, and director Ron Howard has this message for fans (https://twitter.com/RealRonHoward/status/920320502320771073). We also have a title:

SOLO - A Star Wars Story

indysolo007
10-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Someone needs to take clips of Han in the existing movies and add Ron Howard arrrsted development voiceover.

DarthPete
10-17-2017, 12:32 PM
I'm kind of indifferent on the title. Solo. Sure, works, makes sense I guess.

DarkArtist
10-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Principle photography has wrapped, and director Ron Howard has this message for fans (https://twitter.com/RealRonHoward/status/920320502320771073). We also have a title:

SOLO - A Star Wars Story

this has to be the most unoriginal film title in history lol

bob_solo
10-17-2017, 04:34 PM
Someone needs to take clips of Han in the existing movies and add Ron Howard arrrsted development voiceover.

Better yet, get Harrison Ford to film an opening and closing scene on the Falcon. Perhaps with Rey & Finn as he tells them the story of his life while in Hyperspace on the way to Takodana. Similar to the way The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles used to go.

indysolo007
10-17-2017, 05:31 PM
Better yet, get Harrison Ford to film an opening and closing scene on the Falcon. Perhaps with Rey & Finn as he tells them the story of his life while in Hyperspace on the way to Takodana. Similar to the way The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles used to go.

with a saxophone...

Masterfett
10-17-2017, 06:02 PM
Obvious title tough, we knew it would be named after him and also include the "star wars story". They have to make sure everyone knows that it's a Star Wars movie, even if you don't know who Han Solo is!

DarthPete
10-17-2017, 06:08 PM
It almost sounds like it was the working title and they just decided to roll with it.

Rushie
10-18-2017, 04:24 AM
Would a more ambigious title have been better though?
Something like Corellian Scoundrel: a SW Story or Spice Smuggler: a SW Story ?

I know character names as titles are pretty much new when it comes to Star Wars, even counting most games, but comics and books have done this before. The recent Comic Book movies also tend to go for character titles. It's short, simple and what most people will use in reference, even if they'd chosen a more poetic name.
It also doesn't need yet another acronym for the toyline, just Solo

bob_solo
10-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Scruffy-Looking Nerf Herder....A Star Wars Story

"Hey, only WE can call each other that!" - Peter Griffin

Masterfett
10-18-2017, 06:27 PM
They could have simply called it Han Solo, and left of the SW story part. Now if they had named it the "Corellian Scoundrel", i could see hte need for a "SW" reference.
It would be like making a movie about Luke's youth, and Calling the Dunes of Tatooine or something.

I kind of like The Corellian Affair or The Kessel Incident. Lets be just tad more creative, than titular names. Especially with the SW story afterwards.