PDA

View Full Version : The Last Jedi - General Film Discussion Thread - SPOILER THREAD!!!

GNT
02-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Please use this thread to discuss any general movie news or information related to episode 8 The Last Jedi, this thread will be the spoiler discussion thread in this section.

Please note this is a SPOILER THREAD and spoilers may be discussed freely in here, if your attempting to be spoiler please do not read this thread (you have been warned!) and probably best stay clear of this section till after the movie is released.

gijigsaw
02-16-2017, 06:21 PM
Spoiler Alert - Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Robdino25
02-16-2017, 06:25 PM
Rey does fight like Palpatine but this is the skywalker saga so REy being a main character I think she has to be a skywalker.

Star_Tours
02-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Her hair looks a bit like Qui-Gon's in the new packaging photo. Maybe she's related to him?

Robdino25
02-17-2017, 12:32 AM
Would have to be a grand daughter or great uncle. His death was along time before her birth.

Trooper31
02-17-2017, 07:54 AM
Volker posted over at his SW website that the official German titel for TLJ is:

Star Wars: Die Letzten Jedi

That's plural, so I guess this whole game of plural-singular can start again.

http://www.forum.starwars-figuren.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=1444#16777

Sturm86
02-17-2017, 11:18 PM
The official title in french has been revealed as well, and it's plural too.

Nicklab
02-18-2017, 10:36 AM
There's a rumor that's been circulating regarding Rey. And it may mean we'll see a pre-duel version of Rey released prior to the theatrical release. And a post-duel version will probably follow a month or two after the film comes out.

Masterfett
02-18-2017, 11:47 AM
As typical with all the movies. :grin:

While the plural thing is an interesting debate, it's their language structure. Otherwise wouldn't they go with Last of the Jedi here in English states? Here in America The Last Jedi infers the singular.

GNT
02-18-2017, 03:14 PM
I think people are worrying about nothing.

Mikeinator
02-18-2017, 07:53 PM
As typical with all the movies. :grin:

While the plural thing is an interesting debate, it's their language structure. Otherwise wouldn't they go with Last of the Jedi here in English states? Here in America The Last Jedi infers the singular.

Not true, Jedi has dual usage, can be singular or plural.

Luke is a Jedi, he council was made of several Jedi.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/45039/is-there-a-term-for-words-that-have-identical-singular-and-plural-forms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Masterfett
02-19-2017, 11:51 AM
But, in ROTJ he was referred to as the last by Yoda himself. Meaning the singular, so...

I know it has dual usage, but the way we structure words/sentences here is very different than other Countries.

CT1138
02-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Yoda said that before Rey was even born. ;)

DarkArtist
02-21-2017, 12:37 PM
In the EU Books Heir to the Empire.... Obi Wan tells Luke that he is not the last of the old Jedi but the first of the new. in TFA Han tells Rey that Luke was training a new group of Jedi Knights and that ben turned on him slaughtering the Jedi.

GNT
02-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Yoda said that before Rey was even born. ;)

Yoda should've known their would be sequels and that another Jedi would be born :p What he said was true from a certain point of view, it's not like Jedi seem to know what's going on and lie through their teeth :p ;)

DonWanKihotay
02-21-2017, 07:47 PM
Yoda should've known their would be sequels and that another Jedi would be born :p

Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.http://forums.superherohype.com/images/smilies/y1.gif

Mikeinator
02-21-2017, 10:50 PM
But, in ROTJ he was referred to as the last by Yoda himself. Meaning the singular, so...

I know it has dual usage, but the way we structure words/sentences here is very different than other Countries.

Yeah but don't you think Disney would confirm/clarify it for those translating? I highly doubt they'd let another country mistranslate the title of their major movie.

Plus there's luke and Rey now, so plural.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nicklab
03-05-2017, 08:26 AM
I saw some a report that indicates another OT Rebel fighter may be turning up in TLJ. And from this one photo that was shot on location at the salt flats in Bolivia it looked like it could be the B-Wing.

Nicklab
03-08-2017, 10:16 PM
There are reports that a clip from 'The Last Jedi' (http://makingstarwars.net/2017/03/star-wars-last-jedi-scene-descriptions-disney-shareholders-meeting/) was shown today at a Disney shareholders meeting held by Bob Iger. And Dan Miller of the Los Angeles Times described some of the teaser (https://twitter.com/DanielNMiller). Based on what he saw? It seems that Luke does not know who Rey is when they meet on Ahch-To.

Masterfett
03-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I've been hearing that around the net. But I feel that those words were simply taken out of context. We all know that Movies are not filmed in the order that they are edited. And often the very first scenes filmed, are in fact much later scenes. Plus we know how some people like to an instance and blow it out of proportion.
The "who are you" could also be a philosophical question, something said during training.

Idpullthecurtain
03-10-2017, 03:47 AM
There are reports that a clip from 'The Last Jedi' (http://makingstarwars.net/2017/03/star-wars-last-jedi-scene-descriptions-disney-shareholders-meeting/) was shown today at a Disney shareholders meeting held by Bob Iger. And Dan Miller of the Los Angeles Times described some of the teaser (https://twitter.com/DanielNMiller). Based on what he saw? It seems that Luke does not know who Rey is when they meet on Ahch-To.
I know, that seems very odd and throws everything up in the air. Like doesn't know who Rey is?! Weird.

Trooper31
03-10-2017, 04:56 AM
I know, that seems very odd and throws everything up in the air. Like doesn't know who Rey is?! Weird.

I think that's exactly what Disney wants people to be talking about. I think the question is something Yoda would ask, so I think it really is supposed to be more philosophical. However, if the films reveals a connection between Luke and Rey, this will at least make it seem a little more of a "surprise" for the audience. If the discussions gets sent off in the wrong direction, then Disney wins twice. People will get a "surprise" in the film, and a lot of people will be discussing the film for a long time adding to the hype.

Nicklab
03-10-2017, 08:50 AM
There was a similar exchange that was cut from THE FORCE AWAKENS, but featured in one of the trailers. It was between Maz Kanata and Rey, and Maz asks "Who are you?" To which Rey responded "I'm no one". Perhaps that's an exchange that hit things to squarely on the head for TFA? After all, Maz also asked Han "Who's the girl?" Maz is Force sensitive, and seems to sense that something is up with Rey.

The clip that was shown at the Disney shareholders meeting has been described as a sizzle reel. As for other material on the entertainment calendar? We have three more episodes of REBELS left to air this season. And then there's about three weeks until Star Wars Celebration in Orlando. I think that a teaser trailer for TLJ *MAY* be released online before Celebration, and a sizzle reel may be released at Celebration. I think we're also likely to get some sort of trailer for season 4 of REBELS.

Coreworld
03-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Hmmm reports are coming from 'Making Star Wars' of a First Order Heavy Assault Walker appearing in an action sequence in TLJ. Dubbed the Gorilla Walker, it is twice the size of a standard Imperial AT AT and has reinforces boots at its base. Can't wait to see Hasbros version of this. This is NOT the walkers seen at Starkiller base.

Masterfett
03-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Curious to see what it looks like. Hope it's an improvement though, not a regression.

DarkArtist
03-28-2017, 11:36 AM
according to sources it's way bigger than the standard AT-AT. the AT-AT only comes up to the belly of the new Assault Walker.

Masterfett
03-28-2017, 07:42 PM
By now they should know that bigger doesn't mean better. History is full of fallen Empires.

DarkArtist
03-29-2017, 08:53 AM
By now they should know that bigger doesn't mean better. History is full of fallen Empires.

true true... look at the AT-ACT in RO. didn't matter that they were bigger than the standard AT-AT... the bigger they are the harder they fall.

I think there is a concept sketch on Theforce.net of the front of the new walker.

if this new walker is indeed bigger that the standard walker I wonder how small Hasbro will make it.. lol. I know a lot of people were miffed at the RO AT-ACT being too small...

Coreworld
03-29-2017, 03:24 PM
if this new walker is indeed bigger that the standard walker I wonder how small Hasbro will make it.. lol. I know a lot of people were miffed at the RO AT-ACT being too small...

Cockpit with room for one pilot, NERF shooting feature. Calling it right here.

Nicklab
03-29-2017, 05:29 PM
Some images that look like they may be from the Cinemacon sizzle reel hit social media earlier today. I spotted some things that looked like Kylo Ren and his fighter on Ahch-To, and what may be some more Darth Vader relics.

RUOKR2
03-30-2017, 09:01 AM
Saw this nice sketch of Rey over at starwars.com from a Celebration-exclusive t-shirt. Excited!

http://i65.tinypic.com/149scxf.jpg

Coreworld
03-30-2017, 04:12 PM
Not 'Last Jedi' news really but an interesting read nonetheless, if correct, I like what is written here, click through for the future of Star Wars:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03/do-not-post-lucasfilms-post-star-wars-episode-ix-plans.html

JGuar
04-09-2017, 09:32 AM
With Celebration Orlando a few days away, do you think we'll get any news about future figures and other products? Do they typically do that at Celebration?

Masterfett
04-09-2017, 10:19 AM
These are generally Media focused events, I wouldn't count on any Merchandise reveals or news. Besides, it's not like they could reveal anything at this point. At least not for th next two movies, as they are a long way out still. And It's a bit late to announce anything for Rogue one.

Robdino25
04-09-2017, 09:08 PM
I think we get a peak at comic con exclusive in the past they have shown that; its out in July my bet is luke rey 2 set

Trooper31
04-10-2017, 03:54 AM
With Celebration Orlando a few days away, do you think we'll get any news about future figures and other products? Do they typically do that at Celebration?

It would be nice if they showed us something.

DarkArtist
04-10-2017, 07:47 AM

If Hasbro has a panel at Celebration I'm guessing we might see a slide of TFA Luke but I don't think they will show us any of the figures coming out until SDCC.

phasmasboytoy
04-10-2017, 04:38 PM
They revealed the BS Ashoka protoype at Anaheim in 2015 and BS Jyn at the London SW Celebration last year, so I'd guess theres gonna be at least one noteworthy figure reveal this weekend.

OldStarWarsFan
04-11-2017, 09:58 AM
They revealed the BS Ashoka protoype at Anaheim in 2015 and BS Jyn at the London SW Celebration last year, so I'd guess theres gonna be at least one noteworthy figure reveal this weekend.

They also showed Kylo Ren's Unmasked Variant.

Looks like the new Rey Speeder Bike is going to be shown, and i'm sure we will see at least one or two more.

Verbal21
04-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Rumors going around saying that Poe gets some upgrades to his X-Wing. It's always nice to get variants on that vehicle and considering RO only had the "budget" version, I'm looking forward to this.

Coreworld
04-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Rumors going around saying that Poe gets some upgrades to his X-Wing. It's always nice to get variants on that vehicle and considering RO only had the "budget" version, I'm looking forward to this.

After recently purchasing a Legacy X Wing off eBay, I'm hoping we will see a larger version of Poes ride for VIII.

bob_solo
04-14-2017, 10:25 AM

The teaser trailer is up, and based on that, I'd say these may not be "rumors" after all.

bob_solo
04-14-2017, 10:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

bob_solo
04-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Let's try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

DarthPete
04-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Coooool :D

MARK2D2
04-14-2017, 02:20 PM
Pretty amazing visuals this time around... Already, I want THAT Leia, NOT excuses, Hasbro.

GNT
04-14-2017, 04:06 PM
So much want from that tease...so much we will never get :(

DarthPete
04-14-2017, 05:34 PM
Ugh, I want it to be longer.

Journal of the Whills, am I right?

GNT
04-14-2017, 06:00 PM
The poster just in case anyone hasn't seen it:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4908/medium/poster20.jpg

bob_solo
04-14-2017, 06:18 PM
A very McQuarrie-ish visual on that poster! Wouldn't be surprised if it was deliberate.

Sturm86
04-15-2017, 06:03 AM
The teaser was a bit underwhelming but I love that poster! I can't wait for a proper trailer.

Masterfett
04-15-2017, 10:16 AM
A very McQuarrie-ish visual on that poster! Wouldn't be surprised if it was deliberate.
Probably is deliberate, they seem to rely heavily on nostalgic factor. A little too much at times IMO. For the most part the poster looks cool, but Luke's head is too big compare to Kylo's. Shouldn't be that enormous. And i think it would be more fitting to match the size, though it may be my OCD.

Journal of the Whills, am I right?
Looked like it. Though I wonder who's possession it is in? You can never really tell the way the piece these together. They also seem to be trying to explore that concept more than GL ever did. With it being mentioned in Rogue One, and now here. Which made me think that it might be cool to get that Solo Yoda movie set 500 years before TPM. To explore a little more history of the Jedi/Sith and explain the Whills in more detail. But maybe they plan to do that in EP9.
I definitely think they need some kind of story set up prior to the PT, to bring everything full circle.

phasmasboytoy
04-17-2017, 01:34 PM

I think you mean Hildebrandts not McQuarrie. Funny enough, the Tron poster came to mind before even the SW Hildebrandts or Jung posters. They're all riffing off that classic Frazetta trope anyway. But, yeah, its a beautiful poster and I find the uneven size of the faces to be kind of curious...I don't know if that plays any significance or what.

bob_solo
04-18-2017, 07:22 PM
I think you mean Hildebrandts not McQuarrie. Funny enough, the Tron poster came to mind before even the SW Hildebrandts or Jung posters. They're all riffing off that classic Frazetta trope anyway. But, yeah, its a beautiful poster and I find the uneven size of the faces to be kind of curious...I don't know if that plays any significance or what.

Interesting. I hadn't even thought of that until you said it, but yes, it does look a little like the original Tron poster.

DarkArtist
04-19-2017, 08:35 AM
the poster looks amazing... at first I saw more of Hayden Christensen/Anakin in the Adam Driver/Kylo Ren face. and the ominous look on Luke's face makes it appear that he crosses over to the Dark Side. either way I cannot wait till December to see how this movie plays out.

RhyYees
04-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Crap... there was a time I had Collegehumor.com bookmarked, and it was only this week that I realized where I'd seen Kelly Marie Tran before. Ouch.:oops:

Coreworld
05-12-2017, 02:20 AM
Slightly off topic as there is no Han Solo movie discussion thread yet, but some interesting concept artwork has popped up online from the upcoming film, as usual folks spoiler warnings apply:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/05/new-concept-art-featuring-ship-designs-from-the-han-solo-movie-have-surfaced-on-ebay.html

GNT
05-12-2017, 03:43 AM
I'll start a thread up.

Masterfett
05-12-2017, 09:23 AM
So I may be late to the party, about the discussion. But I recently saw an article about possible spoilers within the toy listings for TLJ, concerning "Victor" and Snoke's identity. lol
While the line up does hint at who the characters are, I'm not getting a "real identity" vibe with the names. They look like code names only.

That said, it seems that Snoke will be in the TLJ line up. And it looks like possibly twice. So I'm thinking in the deluxe set, it will be a hologram and throne.
And the "Guards of Evil" could hint at the Knights of Ren?

War_in_The_floor
05-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Leaks suggest a royal guard type for Snoke

TK114
05-20-2017, 11:48 AM
When I saw that leak about the figure called Victor with throne, first thing I pictured was Snoke being played by Bill Nighy.

Goldleaderone
05-20-2017, 08:33 PM
When I saw that leak about the figure called Victor with throne, first thing I pictured was Snoke being played by Bill Nighy.

And when asked about the big gash on his head, he reassured the First Order that he ran it under a cold tap.

Masterfett
05-20-2017, 08:58 PM
TBH, I think I'd rather have Bill Nighy play Snoke! He would definitely breath more life into the character than what happened in TFA.

I realize it was merely a hologram message etc. And quite similar to the one from ESB. Which is why I was fine with the GL fixes for that scene. Nothing against Clive of course, but the dialog and performance was very dull and wooden. Compared to the update with Ian McD.

Masterfett
05-27-2017, 01:03 PM
So while thinking today, I did a search to examine his details more closely because I thought he look similar to Snoke. But when I did, my browser said i needed to trun off "safe search". Is there something offensive about Yarael Poof i don't know about?

Anyways, upon further inspection the similarities are not close enough for Snoke to be him. lol

ThrawnLover
05-27-2017, 01:36 PM
I'm beginning to hope Snoke is a "Great and powerful Oz" type character and the actual sith is behind the curtain. The image of a Sith lord in a all gold room in gold robes with gold genie slippers sounds utterly ridiculous. And the Lego reveal proves those rumors to be true. Also the fact that the Vanity Fair article states Snoke isn't in the movie much or explored much is disappointing. He's setting all the actions of the new trilogy into action, he better have a good/ fleshed-out reason to do so.

GNT
05-27-2017, 05:11 PM
But when I did, my browser said i needed to trun off "safe search". Is there something offensive about Yarael Poof i don't know about?

His last name is a slang word used in the UK and here (prob not used in the USA) to discribe a certain type of people. I'm surprised it ever got used in the first place.

phasmasboytoy
05-27-2017, 08:04 PM
His last name is a slang word used in the UK and here (prob not used in the USA) to discribe a certain type of people. I'm surprised it ever got used in the first place.

The first time and only time I ever came across that word was in The Authority comic book heh.

bob_solo
05-27-2017, 08:52 PM
I'm beginning to hope Snoke is a "Great and powerful Oz" type character and the actual sith is behind the curtain. The image of a Sith lord in a all gold room in gold robes with gold genie slippers sounds utterly ridiculous. And the Lego reveal proves those rumors to be true. Also the fact that the Vanity Fair article states Snoke isn't in the movie much or explored much is disappointing. He's setting all the actions of the new trilogy into action, he better have a good/ fleshed-out reason to do so.

Unlikely, as a few pics of TLJ LEGO sets have popped up, and one of them comes with a Snoke minifig.

Masterfett
05-28-2017, 12:07 PM
You guys have some weird meanings behind some of the most unassuming words. lol
I know that whenever I hear a British person speaking, it's comical how they could literally be cursing someone out. But it sounds like the nicest comments ever.

Makes you wonder though, the U.S. isn't that old. So we should really know some of those words and meanings, unless they're more recent.

INDY
05-29-2017, 07:24 AM
Yeah, as far as Snoke is concerned,think more Goldmember instead of Oz. To quote Jeremy, "a Snoke and a pancake anyone?"

seroquel
05-30-2017, 08:07 AM

Is Futurama banned in the UK as well?

GNT
05-30-2017, 03:58 PM
You'd hae to ask someone from the UK that :p

Coreworld
06-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Some interesting info has been posted on the 'Making Star Wars' site regarding Snokes personal guards, the Elite Praetorian Guards, with a few drawings representing what one looks like as well as their weapons, take a look:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/06/our-sketch-of-an-elite-praetorian-guard-from-star-wars-the-last-jedi/

phasmasboytoy
06-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Should make for some cool looking figures at least.

Masterfett
06-05-2017, 09:25 PM
If done maybe, but they'll likely be 5POA anyways. TBH though, I'm not really digging the look. Also looks like an 8 year old drew it.
If they have to copy what the ERG looked like, for whatever reasons they're copying looks. They should ahve just kept that look. But really I hope for something a bit different.
The OT homage is wearing thin with me.

ThrawnLover
06-08-2017, 03:57 PM
The leaked pics of the new AtAt or Ape At looks like fan fiction garbage. Yipes.

Coreworld
06-10-2017, 12:31 AM
I'm guessing looking at the front legs this walkers going to be climbing, like we saw the AT TE do in the Clone Wars animated series.

Coreworld
06-11-2017, 05:40 AM
I'm guessing looking at the front legs this walkers going to be climbing, like we saw the AT TE do in the Clone Wars animated series.

Oops, sorry Masterfett, didn't see that you had made the same comment over in the other thread, great minds think alike! :)

DarthPete
07-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Fan theory out of nowhere without any substance: I was watching TLJ trailer again yesterday, you know this tree we keep hearing rumors about? What if the island (that Luke and Rey are on upon which presumably the first Jedi temple was built) IS the tree. Like the stump.

Deak_Starkiller
07-12-2017, 09:56 AM
Back in the day, George Lucas wasn't in the habit of 'disguising' familiar elements in creating his environments. A tree is a tree, even if it's a huge one like the one on Kashyyyk from his POV. On a side note, he said in interviews back then that he was more comfortable creating the Endor speeder bike chase scene compared to the trench run ANH because he deemed the latter as a 'foreign environment' that he felt the audience wouldn't comprehend. The trench run despite GL's opinion still worked because of the added suspense and anti-technological plot he added to scene although the speeder bike chase years later is set in an environment that audiences could comprehend more tangibly. The question is whether the current creators/writers of the subsequent films are consistent with that original philosophy.

ThrawnLover
07-12-2017, 04:37 PM
If the Lego set Resistance pod is any indication then the designers of Epsiode VIII are designing ships to match Hasbro's new $20 price point.

Nicklab
07-15-2017, 04:55 PM
"THE LAST JEDI" - Behind The Scenes Reel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk) as shown at the 2017 D23 Expo

Coreworld
07-27-2017, 02:22 PM
Some new photos have emerged showing better looks at Snoke, his guards, Luke, Rey, Finn and Phasma from the forthcoming movie:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/07/new-the-last-jedi-behind-the-scenes-photos-leaked.html

bob_solo
07-27-2017, 02:49 PM
Some new photos have emerged showing better looks at Snoke, his guards, Luke, Rey, Finn and Phasma from the forthcoming movie:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/07/new-the-last-jedi-behind-the-scenes-photos-leaked.html

I saw those on FB, and someone commented that they think Snoke is actually Tarkin, based on how he looks in that photo. While an interesting theory, I really hope not. Never mind how insane it would be to think he could have survived the Death Star explosion, but when you consider his age in ANH, there's no way he'd be alive 30+ years later anyway.

CT1138
07-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Those TLJ photos are AWESOME! There's definitely something funny going on with Rey's lightsaber here. Maybe Luke teaches her to build a lightsaber through modifying his old one? Speaking of Luke... that dark brown looks REALLY good on him! And the Kylo pics with the fan in the background make it seem like these pics are from either a promotional photo shoot where these images will be put on packaging and stuff, or they're BTS from a photo shoot that we'll see later. Either way, they're incomplete. You can see fans and the lightsaber effects aren't added. Also, Snoke looks to be a practical effect. Either really good make up or possibly a mock up head.

Nicklab
07-27-2017, 03:17 PM
The photos that got released look like they're unedited promotional photos. Hence Rey's lightsaber looking like a Force FX saber. They actually use something similar on set for lighting purposes, as you probably saw in TFA. We'll probably see more polished versions of these photos in promo material in the next few months.

Coreworld
07-28-2017, 03:10 AM
For those that missed them, I noticed they started to disappear so saved them to my photo gallery if you want to take a look.

bob_solo
08-09-2017, 06:56 PM
The new issue of Entertainment Weekly has an entire section devoted to TLJ, with some cool new pictures. Although I still say, every time I see that Porg, I keep thinking it's Disney reaching back to some of the earliest EU, and giving us a modified version of Plif & the Hoojibs! And those other creatures on Ahch-To - modified Podlings from The Dark Crystal!

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/09/star-wars-last-jedi-rey-luke-skywalker-daisy-ridley-mark-hamill/

R1G4R3PO
08-10-2017, 08:23 AM
I saw those on FB, and someone commented that they think Snoke is actually Tarkin, based on how he looks in that photo. While an interesting theory, I really hope not. Never mind how insane it would be to think he could have survived the Death Star explosion, but when you consider his age in ANH, there's no way he'd be alive 30+ years later anyway.

unless they copied a plot line from Buck Rogers:P

Coreworld
08-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Follow the link for looks at the First Order Gorilla Walker and the new flagship of the First Order, the Dreadnaught:
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/08/the-sws-first-official-look-at-the-new-at-m6-walker-and-first-order-dreadnought-from-the-last-jedi.html

Batman
08-26-2017, 06:08 PM
Still waiting for confirmation on the knights of ren, as it's rumour they be the fodder for luke to demostrate his powers.

Masterfett
08-26-2017, 10:38 PM
That's what I was thinking. But someone else mentioned that they may be the Elite Praetorian Guard, which they could be and he still fights them.

Batman
08-26-2017, 11:13 PM
That's what I was thinking. But someone else mentioned that they may be the Elite Praetorian Guard, which they could be and he still fights them.

But the knights of ren are 6 with kylo. These I believe there's only 4 or 5?

i really hope they're not guards, cause that's a waste of the interesting tfa designs. One of the few original concepts.

Batman
08-26-2017, 11:14 PM
Oops, they're actually 7 with kylo.

VideoViper
08-29-2017, 07:26 AM
We would see Knights of Ren in wave 3. (as the 1st/2nd waves are usually the lesser/background characters as not to spoil stuff before the movie)

Trooper31
09-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Still waiting for confirmation on the knights of ren, as it's rumour they be the fodder for luke to demostrate his powers.

Yeah, since the pics of the PG it's been really quiet on that front. Almost as if it was deliberate to get people to talk about something else. If the KoR end up just being the PG, then that's too bad because I'd like to see them in action as the black suited KoR.

AlteredWerewolve
09-01-2017, 02:32 PM
So, I'm thinking Paige is the "Pilot" we see falling in slow motion in the D23 footage.

Captain_Piet
09-01-2017, 04:43 PM
How 'bout an old-school AT-AT -- complete with a little rust, riding with the AT-M6s on the Toys R Us' giveaway poster? It's a movie still-style shot too.

darthsatan
09-01-2017, 04:50 PM
There's TIE bombers with the reverse-colour wings in that image as well. Those new walkers are big fellas that's for sure.

bob_solo
09-01-2017, 06:54 PM
I think it was geniuos to put an old-school Walker in the shot with those Gorilla Walkers, just to show how much bigger they really are. And that photo from the poster makes them look a lot better than they did in art form and LEGO form, which I felt made them look ridiculous and too ape-like in design. Now, I'm curious to see them in action.

Trooper31
09-06-2017, 03:54 AM
I think it's cool to see the old AT-AT s well because it provides a nice link to the old Empire.

Vatta
09-06-2017, 07:08 AM
I love how the old AT-AT is rusty and weathered, looks old just like it should. Very nice touch doing that.

Batman
09-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Meh... Ot designs should have been left there... ST is becoming such a missed-feast of design opportunities.

DarkArtist
09-06-2017, 09:59 AM
I have to say that I'm not a fan of the ST weapons that the characters use.. I prefer the classic OT "Real World" feel of the weapons like the DL-44 (broomhandle mausers) or the E-11 (sterling submachine guns). these new resistance blasters and rifles look like cheap dollar store laser guns. I'm not a huge fan of the new Stormtrooper blaster (even though it's a modified E-11 in theory).. I think it's the all white/black look to it or in the case of Phasma the chrome look to it. the classic has a more sophisticated look to it while the new ones to me are Stormtroopers saying " Hey I found some white spray paint let me see what it looks like on my blaster" ... or better yet it's like Nerf and Disney teamed up on the designs.

darthsatan
09-06-2017, 11:17 AM
That's exactly what happened. They look like toys..... to sell toys. Because, you know, toy guns can't be black or we'll all think they are real. :rolleyes:

CT1138
09-06-2017, 02:34 PM
That's exactly what happened. They look like toys..... to sell toys. Because, you know, toy guns can't be black or we'll all think they are real. :rolleyes:
To be fair, when kids get shot these for waiving around toy guns, I can understand the design choice.

Doesn't make it any less ugly, but I can understand why blaster toys in 1999 looked like this:
http://www.supermanadvice.com/gallery/2000STAR-STAR-WARS-BattleDroidBlasterRifleMIB.jpg

And now they have to look like this.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81evxTezb4L._SY355_.jpg
Kids getting shot for waiving around Disney toys isn't exactly good for stocks, which is really what it all comes down to in the end.

MrPhantomMenace
09-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Who here think that all of what has been revealed is pretty much enough and we would not need more waves? Reason i am saying this is that TVC is due to come up soon and is going to be a tight squeeze between TLJ and the Han Solo Movie. I would hate for TVC to be a super minimal event. Actually i think it should be pushed back to the fall as the 4th force friday since no movie is coming out next xmas ( 2018 ) that i know of. Plus its getting real hard on the wallet to keep up. Hasbro did a really good job with this one. Personally i think stock was/is great for most everyone and the key characters were not shortchanged like in TFA. But yes. I like what is offered but please Hasbro let us catch up first.

Coreworld
09-17-2017, 11:56 PM
There is another...

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/09/swct-show-us-first-look-luke-skywalkers-final-costume-star-wars-last-jedi/

reyandbb8
09-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Who here think that all of what has been revealed is pretty much enough and we would not need more waves? Reason i am saying this is that TVC is due to come up soon and is going to be a tight squeeze between TLJ and the Han Solo Movie. I would hate for TVC to be a super minimal event. Actually i think it should be pushed back to the fall as the 4th force friday since no movie is coming out next xmas ( 2018 ) that i know of. Plus its getting real hard on the wallet to keep up. Hasbro did a really good job with this one. Personally i think stock was/is great for most everyone and the key characters were not shortchanged like in TFA. But yes. I like what is offered but please Hasbro let us catch up first.

TVC isn't replacing 5 POA mainline though.

TVC is basically what the 3.75 Black Series was, but on new cards. So limited stock, small production runs and a minimal amount of figures. Rogue One TBS was what, 4 figures and some ANH repacks. So I don't expect much from TVC. It's basically what TBS was as a niche product running alongside the mainline.

MrPhantomMenace
10-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Anyone felling like me that the figure choice for the line is mostly a miss or rather average rather than great? I mean, again all the regular cast mostly just slightly updated and no Phasma yet. We saw a ton of Aliens in Canto Bight, yet nothing. Big focus on Porg, yet nothing on the Crystal Foxes. I guess i should not complain too much because if the line is thin for the movie the easier it is on my wallet, but still, i feel that the movie is severly under exploited.

MrPhantomMenace
10-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Anyone felling like me that the figure choice for the line is mostly a miss or rather average rather than great? I mean, again all the regular cast mostly just slightly updated and no Phasma yet. We saw a ton of Aliens in Canto Bight, yet nothing. Big focus on Porg, yet nothing on the Crystal Foxes. I guess i should not complain too much because if the line is thin for the movie the easier it is on my wallet, but still, i feel that the movie is severly under exploited.

My comment is coming after seeing the new trailer. While we did not get a ton of character. i am really puzzled at no Phasma since it seems that they are trying to redeem trashing her in TFA....

reyandbb8
10-12-2017, 02:21 AM
My comment is coming after seeing the new trailer. While we did not get a ton of character. i am really puzzled at no Phasma since it seems that they are trying to redeem trashing her in TFA....

A new Phasma is being released in a two-pack with imperial Finn.

Darth_Janisary
11-20-2017, 08:54 PM
I feel after seeing the trailer the need for more snow troopers

DarkArtist
11-22-2017, 12:12 PM
I feel after seeing the trailer the need for more snow troopers

I noticed the Snow Troopers as well but the 1st TFA Snowtrooper clogged the pegs by me forever... plus I'm good with my small squad of 10

Phil_Sunwalker
11-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Why does it seem like they are only doing crappy little mini commercials hidden in other commcercials? I have only seen one full on commercial so far that actually showed footage from the movie and it didn't look compelling at all. Seemed like everyone was overacting and over-dramatized.

gijigsaw
11-22-2017, 07:46 PM
Anyone else digging the John Williams score in the trailers?

DarthPete
11-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Is it John Williams? I don't think they used the actual score for TFA trailers. R1 I don't recall if they used the actual score from the movie...
That said, I do dig the music in the trailers.

bob_solo
11-24-2017, 01:50 AM
Anyone catch the trailer during the Macy's Parade? Highlight (for many, I'm sure) was Chewie backhanding the porg off the control panel! :grin:

DarthPete
11-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Anyone catch the trailer during the Macy's Parade? Highlight (for many, I'm sure) was Chewie backhanding the porg off the control panel! :grin:
I must've missed that! *scurries over to youtube*

bob_solo
11-24-2017, 08:40 PM
I must've missed that! *scurries over to youtube*

https://youtu.be/s0PIlLHFG4A

SITHLORD1963
12-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Got a feeling that there is going to be a lot of bad feeling towards TLJ come Friday morning.

indysolo007
12-12-2017, 04:59 PM
I agree...

Masterfett
12-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Well, it is what it is. I knew SW likely wasn't going to be what I'm after once I saw TFA.

indysolo007
12-12-2017, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't feel like they were only using the original characters as 2 dimensional props.

The prequels never really bothered me (were they fantastic movies that I hold as dearly as the OT, no), but they were fun, expanded on how we got to the OT and really didn't damage the OT mythos (aside from little inconsistencies like Yoda not actually training Obi Wan, but those could all be explained with a "from a certain point of view" mindset). I feel like these new movies really change some of our favorite characters.

akbardown
12-13-2017, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't feel like they were only using the original characters as 2 dimensional props.

The prequels never really bothered me (were they fantastic movies that I hold as dearly as the OT, no), but they were fun, expanded on how we got to the OT and really didn't damage the OT mythos (aside from little inconsistencies like Yoda not actually training Obi Wan, but those could all be explained with a "from a certain point of view" mindset). I feel like these new movies really change some of our favorite characters.

Characters should change based on their new experiences. I know some may not like (or agree with) the changes but saying that they change is not automatically a bad thing. People change as a result of their experiences in real life too.

KypDurron420
12-13-2017, 08:53 PM
It's that they changed in contrast to who they were throughout the OT though.

Luke isn't the old hermit, Obi Wan and Yoda were because the Empire.

Luke doing the same thing is just old hat and goes against who he is throughout the OT.

Luke faced Vader by himself. Then, after losing a hand, does it again by facing Vader and Palpatine solo.

This isn't the kind of person to hide with their head in the sand. This is the kind of person that goes out and does something about the problem.

Yet, Disney would have you believe that Luke is some burn out who's only recourse is to go into hiding after Snoke/Kylo. BS. Luke would have confronted them faster than he did Vader and Palpatine.

Think about it: Luke stood before Palpatine, the strongest Sith alive at the time who also happened to have Anakin Skywalker(Vader) as his apprentice.

But then Snoke and Kylo, who clearly aren't as powerful as the Vader/Palps duo, come along and Luke suddenly thinks hide and seek is the right choice.

No Disney, just no. :{h

Masterfett
12-13-2017, 09:18 PM
I think part of the problem is that we don't know anything leading up to when we see him on the rocks.

KypDurron420
12-13-2017, 10:02 PM
He just wasn't in TFA enough. He should have been in it like he said in that interview. When the lightsaber started juggling on SK base it should have flown into Luke's hand and he should have had a fight with Kylo. Kylo would look better as a character losing to Luke at the end of TFA. Luke could then gather up Rey and Finn and contact the Falcon for Chewie to get them out of there. Luke and Rey could talk and the film could have ended with him and Leia talking and Leia saying their hope is gone. But Luke says, "no, there is another...".

Even though I hate Disney, to be fair, in ANH we don't know a lot of what previously happened, just the just of things through a crawl like TFA.

But Luke's role in TFA is like Evazan's role in R1. A mere cameo.

I'd like to know where his green saber is. I have a feeling we won't see Luke use it at all in the sequel trilogy.

Idpullthecurtain
12-14-2017, 01:41 AM
Yeah a lot was so unexpected. They way it all went wasn’t what I thought. I don’t get why they didnt write Leia out? Is she just going to disappear now? You can’t do that to a character like Leia. It’s weird.

Coreworld
12-14-2017, 07:02 AM
Yeah a lot was so unexpected. They way it all went wasn’t what I thought. I don’t get why they didnt write Leia out? Is she just going to disappear now? You can’t do that to a character like Leia. It’s weird.

All those who were prophesising that it would be a remake of Empire couldn't be more wrong, a fair few wtf moments in there to be sure. I suspect a jump ahead a few years in the next one, maybe something happens to Leia in that time...JJ's problem to sort out now.

KypDurron420
12-14-2017, 02:49 PM
All those who were prophesising that it would be a remake of Empire couldn't be more wrong, a fair few wtf moments in there to be sure. I suspect a jump ahead a few years in the next one, maybe something happens to Leia in that time...JJ's problem to sort out now.

From all the spoiler reviews I've heard it is just an ESB clone. It's to ESB what TFA is to ANH to be exact.

Just because the scenes aren't in the same order doesn't mean it's not an ESB 2.0/rehash/clone.

It has the speeders vs. walkers, the casino(Bespin), the bacta scenes, family issues come to light, Rey is being trained by an old hermit, she leaves her training when advised not to, etc.

I guarantee 9 is going to mirror ROTJ like this too. :{h

Jabbaman
12-14-2017, 03:16 PM
From all the spoiler reviews I've heard it is just an ESB clone. It's to ESB what TFA is to ANH to be exact.

Just because the scenes aren't in the same order doesn't mean it's not an ESB 2.0/rehash/clone.

It has the speeders vs. walkers, the casino(Bespin), the bacta scenes, family issues come to light, Rey is being trained by an old hermit, she leaves her training when advised not to, etc.

I guarantee 9 is going to mirror ROTJ like this too. :{h

Oh so we'll have something cuter than porgs taking out FO Troops with tiny sticks ? Lol

KypDurron420
12-14-2017, 05:41 PM
They're coming up with something even cuter. lol

No seriously though, 9 will mirror the events/themes/motifs of ROTJ. Meaning it will have a Vietnam style battle with a less advanced force taking out a stronger more technological force.

And I wouldn't put it past Disney to have another superweapon.

I've also wondered if Disney saw the negative reactions to TFA's ANH rehashing and got Rian to nip that in the bud by making 8 have parts of what would be in 9. Also, Carrie Fisher's death could have prompted pooling the 8-9 story arcs into one film.

Notice that they already announced another trilogy.

But who knows. The spoilers of 8 have painted a weird picture for SW either way. :{h

gijigsaw
12-15-2017, 06:27 AM
Always loved Star Wars. Found the good in each and every episode. Here is how I rank them now.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Rogue One
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Force Awakens
7. Attack of the Clones
8. Phantom Menace
9. The Holiday Special
10. The Last Jedi

ZiggyStarkiller
12-15-2017, 09:15 AM
I think this is probably going to be the most polarizing Star Wars movie. I mean I think the love it or hate it crowd will probably be split right down the middle. Personally I enjoyed it. I thought the character work was really well done for the most part. Ever character's arc felt satisfying. There's a few dud characters in there like Holdo and DJ, but otherwise the main characters all felt like they grew in this movie. My complaints really come down to some strange choices Rian made along the way and some of the humor but I never felt any of them completely ruined the experience for me. Like the casink planet is pretty bad, but I like what Rose and Finn had going on so I was able to power through it.

It think Mark stole the show. This one had some of the most thrilling action scenes in the series. Several moments where my mouth was agape.

Like Force Awakens, it's very much shot like a modern movie. Which doesn't make it gel perfectly with the original trilogy, but this is something I came to accept as soon as Force Awakens started. It's been 40 years since Star Wars came out and movies are just shot different now (although I will say the only thing I like about Rogue One is how well it was shot).

I'm not sure how I'll feel about in a year. I don't know where I'd rank it among other Star Wars films. I just know that last night I had fun.

gijigsaw
12-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Still love the action figures, and will keep buying them, even though the movie didn't resonate with me.

nbskid
12-15-2017, 10:01 AM
I think this is probably going to be the most polarizing Star Wars movie. I mean I think the love it or hate it crowd will probably be split right down the middle. Personally I enjoyed it. I thought the character work was really well done for the most part. Ever character's arc felt satisfying. There's a few dud characters in there like Holdo and DJ, but otherwise the main characters all felt like they grew in this movie. My complaints really come down to some strange choices Rian made along the way and some of the humor but I never felt any of them completely ruined the experience for me. Like the casink planet is pretty bad, but I like what Rose and Finn had going on so I was able to power through it.

It think Mark stole the show. This one had some of the most thrilling action scenes in the series. Several moments where my mouth was agape.

Like Force Awakens, it's very much shot like a modern movie. Which doesn't make it gel perfectly with the original trilogy, but this is something I came to accept as soon as Force Awakens started. It's been 40 years since Star Wars came out and movies are just shot different now (although I will say the only thing I like about Rogue One is how well it was shot).

I'm not sure how I'll feel about in a year. I don't know where I'd rank it among other Star Wars films. I just know that last night I had fun.

I was just thinking, ten minutes ago, how well of a job I thought Del Toro and Dern did as Holdo and DJ. Go figure.

Snootles
12-15-2017, 10:39 AM

Very well put.

Having saw it last night, I agree with everything you just said.

Cyclone
12-15-2017, 10:57 AM
When Luke and Leia came face to face and there was that dramatic pause, I almost yelled out into the theater "Kiss her on the Mouth!".

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 11:18 AM
But remember, they didn’t actually meet again. Luke was using his ridiculous new ability to pretend he was there.

I wasn’t a fan of the film and I am actually pretty upset over a lot, some initial things I didn’t like:
Poe cracking your mom jokes to a first order officer during a space battle
Leia force pulling herself through space
Unnecessry plot to hack into Snoke’s ship
Overuse and ham fisted force connection between Rey and Kylo
Characterization of Luke in general as confused and conflicted, plus momentarily being willing to commit violence towards a child, Luke wouldn’t have done or thought about doing that. This was not Luke Skywalker.
Overuse of new force abilities
Luke doesn’t leave Ahct To
Rey still hasn’t had any training
Bad CGI (especially the rocks Rey lifts at the end of the climax)
There wasn’t any present time lightsaber fighting
The kid at the end force pulling a broom into his hand, I guess the force is just out there for anyone to use anytime with not training and with no limits. Wonder why Anakin wasn’t force pulling stuff in Episode 1

indysolo007
12-15-2017, 01:28 PM
But remember, they didn’t actually meet again. Luke was using his ridiculous new ability to pretend he was there.

I wasn’t a fan of the film and I am actually pretty upset over a lot, some initial things I didn’t like:
Poe cracking your mom jokes to a first order officer during a space battle
Leia force pulling herself through space
Unnecessry plot to hack into Snoke’s ship
Overuse and ham fisted force connection between Rey and Kylo
Characterization of Luke in general as confused and conflicted, plus momentarily being willing to commit violence towards a child, Luke wouldn’t have done or thought about doing that. This was not Luke Skywalker.
Overuse of new force abilities
Luke doesn’t leave Ahct To
Rey still hasn’t had any training
Bad CGI (especially the rocks Rey lifts at the end of the climax)
There wasn’t any present time lightsaber fighting
The kid at the end force pulling a broom into his hand, I guess the force is just out there for anyone to use anytime with not training and with no limits. Wonder why Anakin wasn’t force pulling stuff in Episode 1

i agree with virtually everything you just said. I guess jedi training academies will be like Hogwarts- light moving forward.

ZiggyStarkiller
12-15-2017, 01:56 PM
Even as somebody who enjoyed the movie the Anakin point you made there is a pretty compelling thing. I think it says something about our society now that Jedis of the modern films can do all sorts of force tricks right at the get go without having to work for it. Our blockbusters have ADD now. I genuinely think if a film like Empire Strikes Back came out now a lot of fans would be frustrated with its slower pace.

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 02:03 PM
I was right.

TLJ is to ESB as TFA is to ANH.

And they really did their best to emasculate Luke.

The "milking" scene is just gross. The innuendo laced in that alone made me want to walk out.

I swear Kathleen Kennedy is doing this kind of thing intentionally.

And not for empowering young ladies either.

It's all her female chauvinism showing through.

There are parts I like in the film though.

The idea of Luke astral projecting himself is an EU idea being used on-screen.

There are some droids, creatures, and aliens I really liked too.

My Star Wars film ranking is this:

1. ROTJ
2. ANH
3. ESB (most overrated Star Wars film second only to Disney films)(In fact, the only reason it's "so good" is all the Falcon scenes)
4. ROTS
5. AOTC
6. TPM
7. TCW
8. Holiday Special
9. Ewoks films
10. R1
11. TFA(I think this was also overrated due to all the Falcon scenes)
12. TLJ

Yep. And I'd count Spark of the Rebellion from Rebels above R1 too. But of the Disney films, R1 is definitely the best one. :{h

ZiggyStarkiller
12-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Out of all the issues I have with Disney Star Wars the whole feminist boogeyman one isn't one that even enters my mind yet I see it brought up so often.

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Out of all the issues I have with Disney Star Wars the whole feminist boogeyman one isn't one that even enters my mind yet I see it brought up so often.

Are you a feminist? :{h

Phil_Sunwalker
12-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Did they explain why there was a map to Skywalker in the 1st one?

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 04:01 PM
Did they explain why there was a map to Skywalker in the 1st one?

No they didn’t. Luke says he went there to die, which makes the whole map plot make no sense.

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 04:06 PM
I was right.

TLJ is to ESB as TFA is to ANH.

And they really did their best to emasculate Luke.

The "milking" scene is just gross. The innuendo laced in that alone made me want to walk out.

I swear Kathleen Kennedy is doing this kind of thing intentionally.

And not for empowering young ladies either.

It's all her female chauvinism showing through.

There are parts I like in the film though.

The idea of Luke astral projecting himself is an EU idea being used on-screen.

There are some droids, creatures, and aliens I really liked too.

My Star Wars film ranking is this:

1. ROTJ
2. ANH
3. ESB (most overrated Star Wars film second only to Disney films)(In fact, the only reason it's "so good" is all the Falcon scenes)
4. ROTS
5. AOTC
6. TPM
7. TCW
8. Holiday Special
9. Ewoks films
10. R1
11. TFA(I think this was also overrated due to all the Falcon scenes)
12. TLJ

Yep. And I'd count Spark of the Rebellion from Rebels above R1 too. But of the Disney films, R1 is definitely the best one. :{h

“Feminazi” criticisms are pretty illegitimate and made up by insecure men.

I think this film probably makes Luke the wisest and strongest Jedi we have ever seen. He doesn’t confront Kylo in person because, like his character in ROTJ, he is inherently good and doesn’t want the victory for himself. I think at the end of the film he saw through the force how the new generation would resolve their conflict and was at ease enough to become one with the force. Luke easily bests Rey in hand to hand combat and simply stops fighting back when she grabs Anakin’s lightsaber, likely because he knew continuing the fight would push Rey or himself in a direction he didn’t want to go.

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 05:20 PM
“Feminazi” criticisms are pretty illegitimate and made up by insecure men.

Attacking me personally because you dislike my opinions on the films and the fact that Disney is making their films geared towards a 3rd wave SJW feminist perspective is really immature.

You don't see it because you agree with their message. And that is apart of why you like the film I imagine.

Luke in TLJ is not the same Luke though. It's Disney's version of him. And they've contradicted the OT's version of the four main characters at least(Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie).

OT Luke would have never thought of killing the young Kylo. TLJ Luke isn't strong or wise. He almost killed a sleeping child and is no one worthy of emulation. Just like Anakin/Vader isn't worthy of emulating. OT Luke though, is. :{

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 05:55 PM
I agree with your points about Luke and I did not enjoy the film. I have already decided to treat the sequels as an expanded universe that has the original actors.

Youre right, this isn’t the Luke I grew up with and I reject the new character. It’s a real shame too because Hamill delivered an excellent performance and looked great in those last scenes. But the film and characterization were off.

None of this has anything to do with Luke being emasculated, he wasn’t, he was just mischaracterized by this film. I’m also not sure what you thought the monster milk was supposed to imply. I’m pretty sure they were just explaining how he survived alone on the island.

The entire characterization of feminists as anti-male is manufactured by insecure men. I didn’t say you created the concept but you certainly seem to prescribe to it. Actual feminists believe in equality, if someone believes in creating advantages for one gender they are not a feminist. Unfortunately there are many “feminists” that believe feminism is the characature created by powerful men to debunk the actual philosophy.

indysolo007
12-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Remember, Hammill doesn't even like what they've done with Luke. You know the guy has been sitting around since Jedi holing to come back with Luke in all his triumphant glory. Instead he comes back a ghostbofnhimself (or at least a force projection...)

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 06:12 PM
That was so anticlimactic, I like that he went on his own terms but I wanted to see that green lightsaber again.

indysolo007
12-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Remember, Hammill doesn't even like what they've done with Luke. You know the guy has been sitting around since Jedi hoping to come back with Luke in all his triumphant glory. Instead he comes back a ghost of his former self (or at least a force projection...)

Edits

ZiggyStarkiller
12-15-2017, 06:30 PM
I actually liked Luke's character arc. I'm probably in the minority, but I felt like it made sense in the narrative and made it that much more satisfying when he came around to his old sense of optimism in the end. It was like watching Twin Peaks: The Return this summer. I'd been clamoring for Dale Cooper, the ultimate optimist, to make his big return only for him to come back nearly brain dead for 12 episodes. But come episode 16, he gets his mind back and it's one of the most satisfying tv moments of all time.

When he's sitting there with Yoda is probably my favorite scene. I like the idea of Yoda confiding in a Luke who is struggling. Basically telling him that's okay, because Yoda himself did the exact same thing as Luke when he saw his Jedi Academy crumble before his eyes. There was something really poignant in that moment where Yoda tells Luke that failure is the best teacher. From that point on I felt like Luke was back again. He had a lot more miles on him, but that spirit that made me love the character to begin with was back. I can't speak to anybody else's taste, but I felt like it was a beautiful scene between the Mark Hamill and Frank Oz.

Phil_Sunwalker
12-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Well, I'm not going to see it so consider that two thumb's down. I don't like Rey. Luke is too old now. Snoke isn't particularly compelling. And I could care less about Phasma!

I still haven't bothered to watch Rogue One. Because I just didn't think highly of TFA. It wasn't a bad movie, but it was a bad Star Wars movie. I found myself pretty bored and uninterested until the end.

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 06:54 PM
I agree that scene was great. I think a more convincing return, in person, with his green lightsaber, would have made for a more compelling story.

Imagine if Luke was actually there and did those things then retreated with Rey and Leia. Would have set up a more interesting sequel.

ZiggyStarkiller
12-15-2017, 07:04 PM
I thought that at first two but now I'm coming around to what they actually did. Luke's arc in the original trilogy ends with him taking the act of non violence. He throws his lightsaber and refuses to fight. So in that spirit I like that he didn't show up and have some battle with Kylo. He instead gave himself up to the force in order to save everybody else. At the same time though, I think it would have worked probably just as well if he actually did show up and refused to fight Kylo. Maybe he ignites his lightsaber from the ground to entice Kylo into a duel, but then relaying his message and letting Kylo kill him. I guess logically him not actually being there is insurance that he can get to tell Kylo what's up before being murdered, but it's just a movie and bits of logic like that can go ignored.

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 07:52 PM
None of this has anything to do with Luke being emasculated, he wasn’t, he was just mischaracterized by this film. I’m also not sure what you thought the monster milk was supposed to imply. I’m pretty sure they were just explaining how he survived alone on the island.

The entire characterization of feminists as anti-male is manufactured by insecure men. I didn’t say you created the concept but you certainly seem to prescribe to it. Actual feminists believe in equality, if someone believes in creating advantages for one gender they are not a feminist. Unfortunately there are many “feminists” that believe feminism is the characature created by powerful men to debunk the actual philosophy.

Luke drinking "milk" from the "teets" of a creature is emasculating because of it's innuendo/connotations.

Luke and Han being a screw ups in the ST is emasculating.

They showed Luke fishing to survive, so the milking scene is clear in its intent.

No one is saying feminists meaning women or men who actually help empower women though.

They only mean the 3rd wave "feminazis". The ones always complaining about their portrayals in media and their insecurities.

And I think you actually know who I meant/who people mean nowadays when they say "feminists".

It's factual not something stemming from any insecurity on a standard male's part.

You want it to be from insecurity so you can lob that insult at any person that points out Hollywood's overt feminist agenda, which you apparently enjoy unknowingly.

Don't try to say that you didn't say I was being insecure. That's just another insult.

"if someone believes in creating advantages for one gender they are not a feminist." Makes no sense to say the obvious that has nothing to do with my comment. Of course if someone believes in the advantages of "one gender" they aren't a feminist because you didn't say which of the 2 genders they're for. If it's the female gender then yes they're a feminist.

So you think "powerful men" created 3rd wave feminism and not the feminists? I mean, if you mean a George Sorros level conspiracy in a way you're right. But on the ground level it was all the feminists.

Either way, you're lobbing insults at me for something I said. I was only insulting Disney/Kathleen Kennedy/feminazis in general. And if you're not one of those three, it shouldn't have bothered you enough to try and call me insecure in a roundabout way.

I can agree with you on most of what you said. I still see my points being valid though.

And let me add, that if the EU had been used for the 7-9 trilogy, Jaina Solo would still be just as heavy a presence as Rey and would still appeal to the same crowd Rey does. The only exception is that Jaina can do it without looking like feminist propaganda. :{

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 07:57 PM
"if someone believes in creating advantages for one gender they are not a feminist." Makes no sense to say the obvious that has nothing to do with my comment. Of course if someone believes in the advantages of "one gender" they aren't a feminist because you didn't say which of the 2 genders they're for. If it's the female gender then yes they're a feminist.
:{

Woosh, right over

ZiggyStarkiller
12-15-2017, 07:59 PM
This is fun I feel like I'm watching InfoWars.

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 08:20 PM
Woosh, right over

Do I need to reiterate it for you? :{J

I take that as a compliment. :{K

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 08:21 PM

I hope this is a joke at Infowars’ expense

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 08:29 PM
Do I need to reiterate it for you? :{J

I take that as a compliment. :{K

No but you can define Feminism.

ZiggyStarkiller
12-15-2017, 08:32 PM
I hope this is a joke at Infowars’ expense

I think watching InfoWars is a lot of fun, but not in the way that Alex Jones intended. I think the most comparable thing to watching InfoWars is watching pro wrestling.

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 08:37 PM
No but you can define Feminism.

You mean feminist. And it's anyone supporting feminism. Feminism is just promoting women's rights.

You had said "if someone believes in creating advantages for one gender they are not a feminist."

If that gender is the female one, then they're by definition a feminist.

YTP, what if I tell you what I did like about the film? :{J

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 08:38 PM
I think watching InfoWars is a lot of fun, but not in the way that Alex Jones intended. I think the most comparable thing to watching InfoWars is watching pro wrestling.

That's funny because I think of "pro" wrestling when I watch CNN/ABC/FOX. :{J

Wookieman26
12-15-2017, 08:47 PM
Saw the movie last night, and am pretty disappointed. It’s an alright film, but there’s lots of stuff (and I mean LOTS) that turned me off. Although this might be Hamill’s all-time best performance as Luke, the character choices made with him were abysmal in my opinion. I felt the humor was out of place, Snoke and Phasma were useless, and Carrie Poppins might be worse than Jar Jar. I will say this, I did enjoy the opening space battle (until the Poe to Hux bit). Kylo and Rey vs. the guards was also pretty neat. But there’s just not much beyond that. I honestly have to rank this movie as the second worse of the franchise, only ahead of phantom menace.

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Carrie Poppins

I love that! X{D

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 08:55 PM
Saw the movie last night, and am pretty disappointed. It’s an alright film, but there’s lots of stuff (and I mean LOTS) that turned me off. Although this might be Hamill’s all-time best performance as Luke, the character choices made with him were abysmal in my opinion. I felt the humor was out of place, Snoke and Phasma were useless, and Carrie Poppins might be worse than Jar Jar. I will say this, I did enjoy the opening space battle (until the Poe to Hux bit). Kylo and Rey vs. the guards was also pretty neat. But there’s just not much beyond that. I honestly have to rank this movie as the second worse of the franchise, only ahead of phantom menace.

Agree on many counts, but the Poe/Hux phone call/your mom joke was basically the first lines in the film. Hamill couldn’t have done a better job with what he was given. It’s a shame he had to be given such a poor script to work with. Leia’s force pull through space was a terrible eye roll moment.

I’ve got to say TPM still feels like more of a Star Wars film.

HothHan
12-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Agree on many counts, but the Poe/Hux phone call/your mom joke was basically the first lines in the film. Hamill couldn’t have done a better job with what he was given. It’s a shame he had to be given such a poor script to work with. Leia’s force pull through space was a terrible eye roll moment.

I’ve got to say TPM still feels like more of a Star Wars film.

TPM is a Star Wars film. This thing...debatable.

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 09:08 PM
You mean feminist. And it's anyone supporting feminism. Feminism is just promoting women's rights.

You had said "if someone believes in creating advantages for one gender they are not a feminist."

If that gender is the female one, then they're by definition a feminist.

YTP, what if I tell you what I did like about the film? :{J

Since we’re talking about definitions:

Feminsim - the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

ZiggyStarkiller
12-15-2017, 09:13 PM
I think with the Leia thing we could have just had something different happen that has the same effect. Like perhaps the TIE Fighter shoots a portion of the ship Leia is in and debris or something falls that Leia becomes buried under. Poe and other Resistance crew members try to get the debris off but to no avail. All of the sudden we see the debris levitate off of her and the audience realizes Leia is using the force. The act of performing such a feat in the force combined with her injuries incapacitates her for the majority of the rest of the film. This way the exact same effects of the scene still take place, the audience realizes Leia can use the force and Holdo can take her place, yet we have it delivered in a much less hokey way.

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 09:23 PM
Since we’re talking about definitions:

Feminsim - the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

You didn't read my comment, did you YTP?

"Feminism is just promoting women's rights." :{P

darthisko
12-15-2017, 10:23 PM
Just watched it and I found it OK. I just didn't like what happened to Luke at the end.

With Luke, Leia and Han gone, I hope they bring Lando back in Episode IX.

DarthMickeyMoose
12-15-2017, 11:07 PM
Just watched it and I found it OK. I just didn't like what happened to Luke at the end.

Really! What for just to kill him off! That's all these Morons at Disney know how to do with Classic characters!

Twilly
12-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Feminism is just promoting women's rights.:{J

Feminism is actually the philosophy of gender equality. If someone (it doesnt matter who) supports the rights of one gender over another, its actually not feminism.

Eventually the concept of equality in feminism spread beyond just the concept of gender, and into racial equality, ethnic equality, socio-economic parity, etc (not to say that these concepts didnt exist before feminism, just that feminist ideologies naturally fit well with them).

People often confuse the concept of equality in feminism, for one that is 'anti-man' (or especially anti-white man') because feminist activists recognize that equality does not exist, and that our socio-economic structures greatly favour men (especially white heterosexual men), who in turn appear to either be complicit with those structures, or in denial about their existence.

This has caused feminists pushing for equality to try to bring the inequality into the light, and attack those who are complicit, or in denial with the current state of affairs - more often than not: its white men under the gun, or more simply: men in general. And men dont like that. They feel like feminists are trying to take away their rights, while promoting womens rights (which in a way is true, because that needs to happen for things to become equal, but it can be taken out of context very easily)

And thats how the idea that feminists hate men and are only out to support womens rights gets wrongfully perpetuated.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

darthisko
12-15-2017, 11:29 PM
Really! What for just to kill him off! That's all these Morons at Disney know how to do with Classic characters!

You know what, you're probably right. Hahaha.. maybe Chewbacca will get the axe on the next episode.

KypDurron420
12-15-2017, 11:41 PM

Yeah they need to kill him in an unsatisfying way next. :{P

Feminism is actually...

That's one of the many definitions of the word though Twilly.

"the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes." is the Google definition that we used.

And I said "Feminism is just promoting women's rights." Which is a boiled down version of the actual definition. The definition in my own words if you will.

And no offense, but you need to read the rest of the conversation before chiming in.

You've seem to have missed most of the conversation and also seem to be taking most of what I said as 100% literal. :{J

YavinTemplePilot
12-15-2017, 11:55 PM
So in other words you reject ​reality.

KypDurron420
12-16-2017, 01:55 AM
So in other words you reject ​reality.

lol Okay I'm going there:

Yes YTP, but what is reality? :{J

darthisko
12-16-2017, 02:03 AM
In addition to Luke's fate (which is the only part I didn't like about Luke in this movie), another thing that I wasn't a fan of was how they handled Snoke and Phasma.

Snoke was just.. ugh. He initially came out to be this mysterious entity who was present at the rise and fall of the empire, so I assumed he was someone we've seen before or had some historical roots with the PT or OT but apparently not. I wonder if how he came to power, and why he has force abilities will be explored in Episode IX. Looks like they're making Kylo Ren the main baddie, a guy who has no experience running an empire.

Phasma was hyped by promo material, did a little bit more than stand and look menacing, but still fell short for me.

I may be in the minority, but I kind of enjoyed the Finn, Rose and DJ sequences. Poe had a much better and significant role this time around. I loved Laura Dern's character. I hope we get a figure for her in either BS or 3.75".

KypDurron420
12-16-2017, 02:21 AM
In addition to Luke's fate (which is the only part I didn't like about Luke in this movie), another thing that I wasn't a fan of was how they handled Snoke and Phasma.

Snoke was just.. ugh. He initially came out to be this mysterious entity who was present at the rise and fall of the empire, so I assumed he was someone we've seen before or had some historical roots with the PT or OT but apparently not. I wonder if how he came to power, and why he has force abilities will be explored in Episode IX. Looks like they're making Kylo Ren the main baddie, a guy who has no experience running an empire.

Phasma was hyped by promo material, did a little bit more than stand and look menacing, but still fell short for me.

I may be in the minority, but I kind of enjoyed the Finn, Rose and DJ sequences. Poe had a much better and significant role this time around. I loved Laura Dern's character. I hope we get a figure for her in either BS or 3.75".

Phasma makes me wonder if they'll end up saying she's a Guri style android. The cat came back kind of situation. Or IG-88 in the "new canon".

Snoke could come back as a Sith ghost. So when he's bragging about knowing Kylo's thoughts it's about him wanting Kylo to strike him down. Yoda used lightning as a force ghost. Snoke might want the ability to be anywhere in the galaxy at any moment. And his name is a combination of smoke and snake. The smoke part could allude to this ghostly ability. And might explain Luke's vanishing act.

I truly feel like these are almost parody films of Star Wars more akin to Spaceballs than actual Lucasian Star Wars films. It's impossible for me to associate them with "canon".

I bet they've already made the main characters from TLJ in the BS line. They're just biding their time. :{h

ZiggyStarkiller
12-16-2017, 02:25 AM
I liked the dynamics between Finn, Rose, and DJ quite a bit, I just didn't like the setting it took place in. I think Finn and Rose have an interesting relationship in the way that it feels like Rose has feelings for Finn but Finn is still hung up on Rey. When Rose kisses Finn he genuinely seems shocked. Since the last movie has no romance in it, I'm curious to see how these relationships progress in 9.

I liked Rose's line about this fight not being about destroying what we hate, but saving what we love. Thought it played in well into the overall themes of the movie.

I found Poe's arc to be one of my favorite aspects of the film too.

Phasma is whatever. I don't care for her much either way. I think if the internet existed in 1983 we'd see people talk about Boba Fett the nearly the exact same way we talk about Phasma. I also don't understand why they put her in so much promotional stuff when she's a pretty minor character.

I'm still conflicted on Snoke. Part of me thinks that we needed at least a little bit of background on the guy before he bit the dust, but I also don't know how they could have done that organically. I like that he died though and I like what it implies going forward. There's something fascinating about a force such as the First Order being run by an impulsive psychopath. I mean Palpatine and Snoke were evil ********, but they at least seemed to have a tactifulness to their demeanor. Kylo is unpredictable. There's a chaos to him that makes the First Order seem scarier now than it was under Snoke.

My issues with Snoke come down to a larger issue with this new trilogy in the way that I'm two movies in and I still don't really know how the First Order formed and why the Republic weren't taking these guys seriously and why the Resistance didn't have more support from the Republic when it was still around. I don't think it's fair that I have to read multiple expanded universe books with shoddy writing just to understand how things went to hell after the Battle of Endor.

KypDurron420
12-16-2017, 02:43 AM
I think if the internet existed in 1983 we'd see people talk about Boba Fett the nearly the exact same way we talk about Phasma. I also don't understand why they put her in so much promotional stuff when she's a pretty minor character.

Yeah but Fett wasn't hyped he just had a figure because they made figures of all the memorable characters. They used Gwendoline like a bargaining chip with the GOT fans. I think at least. I'm sure she would have auditioned either way though.

I think Snoke's got more backstory coming. The way they've been doing the flashbacks makes me think it comes in threes. 9 will expose more of just what really happened in the last 30 years.

I'd say Palpatine was more unpredictable than Kylo. Why not just kill Luke and torture Anakin that much more? Because that's what you'd expect. He plays with people like a cat where as Kylo is more like a wounded animal.

I think they did Snoke like Palpatine in the OT. ANH mentions him, ESB shows a hologram, and ROTJ shows him finally. Snoke was a hologram, they've showed him, and in 9 they're going to at least mention him. It almost rhymes... :{3

ZiggyStarkiller
12-16-2017, 09:41 AM
That's sort of what I'm getting at. Palpatine was all about initiating a plan. Kylo has no plan, it's purely emotional which is dangerous when you got Skywalker blood. Even Vader wasn't completey unhinged. I really hope this is an idea they play with in the next movie.

darthisko
12-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Given that Kylo Ren doesn't have the experience and tact on running the First Order compared to Snoke, it would be interesting to see how much of a threat the FO will be on Episode IX. I don't think he (and Hux) are enough to fill the void left by Snoke. We've already seen that he's impulsive and emotionally unbalanced during the fight at Crait. I'd say Hux is a little more calm and collected when dealing with tough situations.

And with all that, RIP Admiral Ackbar. You the resistance served well.

Rocket_Back
12-16-2017, 11:48 AM
Snoke might not be as dead as we think. Kylo and Rey had one last “Force bridge” bit at the end when she was boarding the Falcon. Snoke was the one pulling the strings and making that all happen, and Kylo said something to the effect of “it’s not you doing this...the effort would kill you” to Rey during their first of these interactions (and the effort did kill Luke). Makes me think he’s still kicking somewhere. I’d still like to find out he’s Darth Plagueis the wise (Kylo said “the Supreme Leader is wise” in TFA, and Snoke used that word twice, himself, in TLJ - and he’s wearing a robe and slippers, which might be a nod to that whole “killed in his sleep” thing). Palpatine also says that Plagueis actually achieved cheating death (not for himself, but for others, but still...).

I’m expecting a return with the line “You’re not the first apprentice to kill me.”

YavinTemplePilot
12-16-2017, 02:27 PM
Snoke might not be as dead as we think. Kylo and Rey had one last “Force bridge” bit at the end when she was boarding the Falcon. Snoke was the one pulling the strings and making that all happen, and Kylo said something to the effect of “it’s not you doing this...the effort would kill you” to Rey during their first of these interactions (and the effort did kill Luke). Makes me think he’s still kicking somewhere. I’d still like to find out he’s Darth Plagueis the wise (Kylo said “the Supreme Leader is wise” in TFA, and Snoke used that word twice, himself, in TLJ - and he’s wearing a robe and slippers, which might be a nod to that whole “killed in his sleep” thing). Palpatine also says that Plagueis actually achieved cheating death (not for himself, but for others, but still...).

I’m expecting a return with the line “You’re not the first apprentice to kill me.”

Rey and Kylo were in close proximity at the end, we’ve seen the ability to communicate like that in The Empire Strikes Back. I think you’re misinterpreting Luke’s passing. He finished his last act of confronting Kylo and then chose to become one with the force just like Ben and Yoda.

Nicklab
12-16-2017, 04:41 PM
I keep on seeing a bunch of criticism of the Canto Bight sequence from some of the film critic crowd. And I get the sense that maybe they just didn't get it.

Finn, Rose and BB-8 went there with a mission: get the master codebreaker so that they can disable the hyperspace tracking tech of the First Order long enough for the Resistance to escape the First Order Fleet. That was the outward purpose of that trip.

But then there's the process of discovery that Finn and Rose went through during their time in Canto Bight. The First Order certainly does resemble the militarism of the Empire. But in the OT, we only ever saw the Empire as this monolith of military might. We never saw the extended society. But that aspect of galactic society is something Rian Johnson did want us to consider through the eyes of Finn and Rose. They saw opulence and riches like they had never seen before. Outwardly it can look beautiful, and it began to draw Finn in. It shows a class of people who are incredibly wealthy that are the beneficiaries of First Order rule. The ultra-rich, and weapons dealers. A corrupt police organization. And we also get to see an underclass: kids who are almost slaves that are tending to the fathiers. And even the animals themselves are abused, all for the entertainment of this First Order elite. Those kids are the ones that the Resistance is fighting for. And the one stable boy who seems like he may have Force abilities? People like him are likely going to be among the next generation of Jedi that it may fall upon Rey to train.

ZiggyStarkiller
12-16-2017, 06:03 PM
I'll say this again, but my only issues with the Canto Bight stuff was how it was visually represented. I think the ideas it brought forth were compelling. I just thought visually it wasn't all that imaginative.

Also a nitpick but I don't like how we still get no classic aliens. Why does it seem to be something Disney refuses to do? I understand the originals and the prequels reused a lot of masks and costumes from film to film, but if some cosplayer in Idaho can make a convincing Greedo mask, why can't the creature department?

Coreworld
12-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Given that Kylo Ren doesn't have the experience and tact on running the First Order compared to Snoke, it would be interesting to see how much of a threat the FO will be on Episode IX. I don't think he (and Hux) are enough to fill the void left by Snoke. We've already seen that he's impulsive and emotionally unbalanced during the fight at Crait. I'd say Hux is a little more calm and collected when dealing with tough situations.

And with all that, RIP Admiral Ackbar. You the resistance served well.

I think we will see the Knights Of Ren forming the honor guard, maybe. Lot of Vader symbolism appearing, a trip to Mustafar perhaps?

K_M_Toydarian
12-16-2017, 06:18 PM
I'll say this again, but my only issues with the Canto Bight stuff was how it was visually represented. I think the ideas it brought forth were compelling. I just thought visually it wasn't all that imaginative.

Also a nitpick but I don't like how we still get no classic aliens. Why does it seem to be something Disney refuses to do? I understand the originals and the prequels reused a lot of masks and costumes from film to film, but if some cosplayer in Idaho can make a convincing Greedo mask, why can't the creature department?

I'm justifying all the new alien races on Canto Bight with the fact the when we have seen other races (Rodians, Ithorian, etc) in the OT, PT, and Cartoons, they have been on poorer worlds. There is a whole other class we haven't ever seen before? Or they just wanted to create new creatures?

ZiggyStarkiller
12-16-2017, 09:18 PM
Okay but then wouldn't they be present with the ruling elite on Coruscant in that case? I'm not against new aliens in general, I'd just like a blend. Also I think there's been few new alien designs I like. For whatever reason the Disney movies aliens just seem more like Doctor Who aliens. I don't know what seperates a Star Wars alien from a Doctor Who alien from a Star Trek alien, but for whatever reason they do have distinctive styles even if I can't quite put my finger on it.

YavinTemplePilot
12-16-2017, 09:23 PM
I know what you mean and I agree. Have they even mentioned the name of an OT or PT planet in the sequels? I think Disney hates Star Wars more than Anakin hated sand.

Utinniii
12-16-2017, 10:57 PM
I suspect (and hope!) Snoke stays dead. Kylo's whole spiel was "kill the past to move forward. Snoke is superfluous at this point. There was also the broader theme of surpassing one's master. That happened.
Kylo is the important character, much like it was really about Luke and Vader, not the Emperor.
How the FO came into power no longer matters, just where Ren takes it.

The resistance is down to a dozen or so players with nearly all their higher ranks dead. Snoke would smoke them easily, where upstart Ren will make mistakes.

Utinniii
12-16-2017, 10:58 PM
And yeah, put some OT aliens in the background somewhere, some PT while you are at it.

DarthMickeyMoose
12-17-2017, 12:16 AM
You know what, you're probably right. Hahaha.. maybe Chewbacca will get the axe on the next episode.

I am expecting that! :)

Darth_Sceptaurus
12-17-2017, 03:02 AM
I don't know what the issue is with not bringing in classic aliens. Maybe it's just an attempt to show the true scale of different species in the galaxy or something. I agree about the Canto Bight scenes. There were some cool designs, and I love the fathiers, especially if they came out with a toy, but a lot of the alien designs looked a little too prequel-cartoony to me.

I pretty much though most everything involving Luke was ******, except for the way they used Just For Men on his hair and beard when he force projected. That made it too obvious. Not sure I like the way he went out either, but I guess it fits with his new philosophy or whatever.

The beginning of the movie didn't grab me. I think it really started getting good for me with the reveal about Luke's almost attempted murder of Ben Solo. I thought it brought a new dimension to his character, showed him more flawed. It made me kind of mad how they offed Snoke, though, but that scene was still cool the way it played out. Kylo doesn't seem to have the cajones to be the driving force of evil in the galaxy at this point, though, so I think offing Snoke was a little premature.

Overall the first half was a little disappointing but I got into it after that and was satisfied by the end. Of course there were a few issues but we'll see where they go from here.

Darth_Sceptaurus
12-17-2017, 03:05 AM
I pretty much though most everything involving Luke was ******

******* = b-@-d-@-s-s

darthsatan
12-17-2017, 04:46 AM
Luke drinking "milk" from the "teets" of a creature is emasculating because of it's innuendo/connotations.

You do know where molk comes from, right? You know, the stuff in your coffee and on your cereal?
Some painful to read nonsense in your posts I'm afraid young man.

darthsatan
12-17-2017, 05:25 AM
LOL *milk

NO EDIT of course. I remeber why this forum is dying a slow death now.

darthsatan
12-17-2017, 05:26 AM
* remember

HAHA This is as bad as TLJ :grin: