PDA

View Full Version : Finn (Resistance Fighter)

GNT
02-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Please use this thread to discuss any potential Finn figures that we may see in the TLJ toyline.

DarkArtist
02-17-2017, 07:57 AM
looking at the artwork on the box it looks like Finn is not that much different from the TFA Finn (with the exception of a white shirt instead of black). of course it's too early to say but I think we are all over the amount of Finn figures that were released for TFA. I think I have close to 10+ Finn action figures.

Nighthawk
02-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Maybe they'll re-use Han's torso and then put the TFA Finn jacket and arms on him.

TK114
02-17-2017, 08:02 PM
He will probably have an entirely different outfit aside from still wearing Poe's jacket, I bet he has ditched his stormtrooper pants and shoes. Judging by the light colored shirt with open collar, it's entirely possible that he is wearing the same type of rebel uniform that Poe had on for the first half of Episode 7.

Nicklab
07-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Based on the new BTS reel shown at D23 today, Finn looks as though he's got at least four different costumes. Those appear to incude...

-Medical pod clothing
-Resistance uniform (with Poe's old jacket)
-First Order officer uniform/disguise
-Flight suit (yellow - looks like it might be the same flight suit as a Resistance Bomber turret gunner wears)

Deak_Starkiller
07-15-2017, 06:10 PM
I can envision the medical pod Finn as a deluxe figure and the flight suit version in some kind of battle pack with a turret accessory like the AOTC Gunship pod battle pack, but it's doubtful we'll get those accessories.

Masterfett
07-15-2017, 09:05 PM
Guess this puts Hasbro in a tight spot on which outfits to make figures of. lol Because we know that they wont all make em all.

R1G4R3PO
07-15-2017, 09:23 PM
the FO disquised finn looks like it'd be ideal for a 2pk. But you know, I kinda recall reading a while back the Hasbro said they may not release a finn in the 1st wave....so I guess that means 50% of figs in wv1 across different lines/assts will be a variations of finn, lol

Coreworld
07-16-2017, 05:48 AM
Finn in Resistance Bomber Fatigues wave one, calling it now.

GNT
07-16-2017, 07:35 AM
First Order outfit looks pretty sweet but they'll probably save that version for later.

Masterfett
07-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Him and Rose in disguise 2-pk possibly? Akin to the old Luke & Deena Comic Pack! :grin:

mandalore9998
07-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Finn in Resistance Bomber Fatigues wave one, calling it now.

Let's just hope that figures with helmets will come separate from them this time around. The same goes for the solid color visors. LOL. I avoided two x-wing pilots from TFA because of that paint decision.

Deak_Starkiller
07-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Even if they got out of that, they might make it like the recent 5POA Saga Legends Luke X-wing with that atrocious looking helmet.

GNT
07-29-2017, 08:03 PM
New picture has surface - http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw1214.jpg

Deak_Starkiller
07-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Something (sorta) new, but I don't see this figure moving at all....again.

DarkManX
07-31-2017, 12:39 AM
Something (sorta) new, but I don't see this figure moving at all....again.

Depends how he's packed. Finn was expected to be a more popular character than he ended up being, which I think was reflected in the high amount of figures produced. Hasbro may very well have adjusted the production amount this time around. This figure does have a more interesting look compared to the TFA film look though. Probably didn't help that his character got his butt kicked the entire movie in TFA.

Deak_Starkiller
07-31-2017, 12:43 AM
We'll see in the next couple weeks, although I would think his Imperial disguise version (if eventually made) will have a potentially better sale.

Idpullthecurtain
07-31-2017, 12:59 AM
This version of Finn is very "Han Solo". Pants are very similar, shirt is exactly the same as Han rotj, similar holster and the jacket is influenced by. Interesting choices. Cool look for him, always hated that he sortof wasn't wearing pants in TFA! Yikes.

DarkManX
07-31-2017, 01:00 AM
We'll see in the next couple weeks, although I would think his Imperial disguise version (if eventually made) will have a potentially better sale.

Yeah, I don't think you're necessarily wrong in the figure being a potential pegwarmer. The FO disguise would probably sell better since bad guys always have the cooler stuff.

Idpullthecurtain
07-31-2017, 01:01 AM
theres no way an imperial officer uniform version would sell anywhere close to his "hero" look. Not even in the same ballpark. That's Toys 101.

Deak_Starkiller
07-31-2017, 01:15 AM
Too bad I guess. I wished Hasbro would have tried that 'experiment' with Imperial and Rebel Cassian.

Regardless, I doubt Finn will get mud on his boots this time for Hasbro to justify another variant figure slot to increase sales. :)

DarkManX
07-31-2017, 02:25 AM
Too bad I guess. I wished Hasbro would have tried that 'experiment' with Imperial and Rebel Cassian.

Regardless, I doubt Finn will get mud on his boots this time for Hasbro to justify another variant figure slot to increase sales. :)

That mud is integral to the plot lol! Hopefully Finn doesn't get put in a multi-pack plus packed in ships with the same costume.

Idpullthecurtain
07-31-2017, 03:23 AM

oh its definitely not without precedent. Just look at the vintage line. But recently the Jyn imperial disguise figure was a bad leg warmer.

Idpullthecurtain
07-31-2017, 03:23 AM
Lol leg warmer! Ha.

Trooper31
07-31-2017, 04:55 AM
Does he have a pistol in his holster? When they had some promo shots of him he had the holster and looked like he had raided Han's closet (I think this costume for TLJ is much cooler than his TFA stuff) and was carrying a pistol. This figure has that same rifle and the jacket from the last film, but I can't see a pistol.

I'll be skipping this one and waiting for a TVC version. I think the outfit looks better, though.

DarkArtist
07-31-2017, 08:15 AM
I'm going to hold off on this figure as I'm sure it will warm the pegs along with the rest of the Wave 1 Finn's by me.

DarkArtist
08-03-2017, 08:19 AM
did the Resistance finally give him actual boots this time around or is he still parading around in his Stormtrooper booties. lol :P

Lance_Quazar
08-03-2017, 11:53 AM
Him and Rose in disguise 2-pk possibly? Akin to the old Luke & Deena Comic Pack! :grin:

I'd be SO down for that.

DarkArtist
08-03-2017, 12:46 PM
I'd be SO down for that.

ditto... that would be an awesome 2 pack indeed

Deak_Starkiller
08-03-2017, 01:57 PM
When they had some promo shots of him he had the holster and looked like he had raided Han's closet (I think this costume for TLJ is much cooler than his TFA stuff) and was carrying a pistol. This figure has that same rifle and the jacket from the last film, but I can't see a pistol.

I had to chuckle about this considering Lando wore Han's clothes at the end of ESB, and there was some news a while back about a TFA puzzle set tin 'hinting' about Finn being Lando's son.....a sort of like father like son moment. :)

ReturnoftheJedi
08-03-2017, 04:07 PM
did the Resistance finally give him actual boots this time around or is he still parading around in his Stormtrooper booties. lol :P

When I first saw the character after his defection from the First Order, they looked almost like trainers.

Idpullthecurtain
08-07-2017, 06:00 AM
I had to chuckle about this considering Lando wore Han's clothes at the end of ESB, and there was some news a while back about a TFA puzzle set tin 'hinting' about Finn being Lando's son.....a sort of like father like son moment. :)
yeah but Lando didn't really wear Hans clothes.

Deak_Starkiller
08-07-2017, 12:01 PM
....or did Han wear Lando's clothes. We'll find out the 'canon' answer next May won't we. :)

Masterfett
08-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Most likely they were Lando's clothes, Han found them in a chest on the MF after winning it.

Cyko_Droid
08-08-2017, 08:36 AM
I'm just bummed I didn't buy extra Black Series Finn figures when they were $5 so I could transplant the arms onto this figure.

Lance_Quazar
08-10-2017, 06:16 PM
I'm just bummed I didn't buy extra Black Series Finn figures when they were $5 so I could transplant the arms onto this figure.

You can't really transplant ball-jointed shoulders onto standard swivel shoulders. Not without an enormous degree of engineering.

Maverick10126
08-11-2017, 01:02 AM
You'd have to dremel the torso back quite a bit then create a new socket in the torso for the pin from the ball joint. I'm still trying to find a new shoulder socket insert.

I'm thinking of trying a butt splice for TFA Han. My thought was drill straight through the torso shoulder to shoulder, dremel back the shoulder area, hot glue the butt splice in, trim off the mushroom on the shoulder pin, insert arms, count number of fingers. Donate a little blood towards the custom if I somehow made it through unscathed.

Any one try a butt splice? Any success?

DarthPete
08-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Any one try a butt splice? Any success?

I did, once... but I really needed a ride.

I'm only kidding of course; I didn't need the ride.

Billy_Ray
08-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Damn, where's that LIKE button when you need it? :grin:

activistfangirl
08-16-2017, 01:01 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/fullsizeoutput_401a.jpeg

Masterfett
08-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Something odd about the neck.

Idpullthecurtain
08-17-2017, 01:02 AM
Is the jacket different in this film. It really does look longer to me.

Deak_Starkiller
08-17-2017, 01:38 AM
Possibly, the cuffs and jacket bottom are evenly leveled on the TFA figure. The jacket bottom on the TLJ figure is noticeably longer compared to the cuff.

Idpullthecurtain
08-17-2017, 04:05 AM
Possibly, the cuffs and jacket bottom are evenly leveled on the TFA figure. The jacket bottom on the TLJ figure is noticeably longer compared to the cuff.
and that seems really weird, why would they use a different jacket when it was a part of the story.

Deak_Starkiller
08-17-2017, 07:53 AM
IDK, someone's pulling another Han Solo double-breasted/tunic shirt conundrum again!

Maverick10126
08-17-2017, 08:24 AM
I like the attention to detail with the sewn up jacket.

DarthPete
08-17-2017, 08:42 AM
I like the attention to detail with the sewn up jacket.

I swear I'm going to end up picking up this figure at some point just for that, lol.

Masterfett
08-17-2017, 05:23 PM
TBH, as much time as the trailer have him in Stasis chamber. He should really come in a Medical gown, and then the First Order disguise.

RaptorBandito
08-17-2017, 09:37 PM
Something odd about the neck.

I found it today, and can confirm that's not on the 2 I saw. That pic almost looks like they used a different shade of paint for the neck. But anyway, the one I bought is fine.

Lance_Quazar
08-17-2017, 11:59 PM
TBH, as much time as the trailer have him in Stasis chamber. He should really come in a Medical gown, and then the First Order disguise.

First Order Disguise would have been an awesome change of pace. Even if it's only in one scene, would have been a much more fun and creative choice than this exceedingly bland figure. (not faulting hasbro, the costume choice is so boring, it's like Star Wars 101.)

Deak_Starkiller
08-18-2017, 12:17 AM
To me, maybe the writers aren't thinking out of the box. Sure, he's got military and 'facilities' experience, but they could have made him an honorary recruit with a unique attire or given a uniform from a special forces unit that we didn't get to see before. Regardless, if the writers thought of that, it could have made for a more attractively marketed figure. But no, you're like a Cobra Viper...you start at the bottom of the pyramid, but even Cobra Vipers had cooler uniforms than their Cobra trooper counterparts. :D

Trooper31
08-18-2017, 04:42 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/fullsizeoutput_401a.jpeg

Thanks for posting the pic. In the promo shots they show him in that outfit, but he's got a holster and blaster. This figure doesn't seem to come with any of that, yet he's got that gun from the TFA. So, basically he's got a different shirt, boots, and blue pants, but they're packing him with the exact same accessory.

Maverick10126
08-18-2017, 07:04 AM
The outfit brings up one of my bigger issues with the sequel trilogy so far. The resistance compared to the first order. The resistance looks to be even less funded than the rebels were. And the first order, jeez they seem to be quite well off. I get that the republic disbanded their military...but it really doesn't make sense for them to do so. I would have been cool if the republic military was caught completely off guard with how capable the first order is. As it is the first order just kinda does whatever it wants without and trouble. It gives the impression they are still in charge.

I'm hoping TLJ will course correct this a bit.

Idpullthecurtain
08-18-2017, 07:14 AM
Thanks for posting the pic. In the promo shots they show him in that outfit, but he's got a holster and blaster. This figure doesn't seem to come with any of that, yet he's got that gun from the TFA. So, basically he's got a different shirt, boots, and blue pants, but they're packing him with the exact same accessory.
yeah I hadn't noticed until you said that, it's a shame they didn't give him the holster.

jim
08-20-2017, 05:42 AM
Rebels and Resistance go to the same tailor. Han Solo, Cassian Andor, Poe Dameron ... Everyone dresses the same, but I have to confess that it's still cool

Deak_Starkiller
08-20-2017, 08:55 AM
Hopefully we'll see more distinct uniforms aboard the Resistance fleet this time, maybe the equivalent of a Rebel fleet troopers. I can understand the Resistance possibly being less funded, but they should have the same structural division as the Rebellion did pertaining to Special Forces, Intelligence, elite fighter squadron units and the like to have distinct and eye-catching uniforms.

Julythrunov
08-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Rebels and Resistance go to the same tailor. Han Solo, Cassian Andor, Poe Dameron ... Everyone dresses the same, but I have to confess that it's still cool

Don't forget Jyn, she shops in the lady's department. Space is a big place, with so many planets. You'd think there's more than one space store. Guess not. Oh well at least Finn was able to snag a pair of transforming sneaker-boots.

(It's not cool, it's proof that Disney doesn't think much of its audience, and instead is trying to sell you formula in place of creativity because they don't expect viewers to have standards).

Idpullthecurtain
08-21-2017, 05:30 AM
I don't get when people say this. How do they all dress the same? The same as in they wear trousers with two legs, and jackets with two arms? Is that what you mean.

Julythrunov
08-21-2017, 06:21 AM
I don't get when people say this. How do they all dress the same? The same as in they wear trousers with two legs, and jackets with two arms? Is that what you mean.

:rolleyes:

Cmon stop.

Maverick10126
08-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Cassian wears Han's esb shirt....Finn is wearing the ANH shirt....

Idpullthecurtain
08-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Cassian wears Han's esb shirt....Finn is wearing the ANH shirt....

Cassain is wearing a shirt the same as Hans ESB shirt, but they are in the same era. Which ANH shirt is Finn wearing? It doesnt look anything like any ANH shirts to me.

Maverick10126
08-21-2017, 12:17 PM
Looks like the ANH V-neck.

I think with Poe and cassian it's also more to do with the fact that the characters are supposed to be the "Han" type character.

Idpullthecurtain
08-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Looks like the ANH V-neck.

I think with Poe and cassian it's also more to do with the fact that the characters are supposed to be the "Han" type character.

Are you talking about Lukes ANH outfit? If so its nothing like that! Luke wore a "karate" style Gi, that fully opens. Finns shirt is a v-neck, that doesnt open at all.

I agree that Han, Poe and Cassian wear similar outfits because they are similar characters.

Idpullthecurtain
08-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Ive just realised you are talking about HANS ANH shirt. Oops, yeah it is similar to that. Silly me.

Julythrunov
08-21-2017, 04:12 PM
And there there's the jackets ribbed tubing on the sleeve ......

Cobalt
09-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Interesting. The back of the figure has stitching up the jacket. The stitching is on his right side. I thought Kylo Ren got him right up his spine, but I guess it was off to the side.

Nighthawk
09-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Well, even Kylo's scar was moved from where he was slashed in the first movie so I wouldn't be surprised.

Just wondering, does anyone have this and the 3.75" Finn? I just want to know if the jacket colors matched.

Cobalt
09-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Well, even Kylo's scar was moved from where he was slashed in the first movie so I wouldn't be surprised.

Just wondering, does anyone have this and the 3.75" Finn? I just want to know if the jacket colors matched.

Compared with the TFA Finn, the TLJ Finn has a slightly darker jacket. And both Finns have a darker jacket than the Armor Up Poe.

Darth_Herzog
09-02-2017, 02:35 PM
I do appreciate that he has been allowed to keep his lover POE DAMERON's Letterman's jacket.

"It suits you," indeed.

Deak_Starkiller
09-02-2017, 05:12 PM
The Resistance is on a really tight budget. Those Resistance troopers must have a suburb training program to avoid getting their uniforms grazed in battle; otherwise, it's pretty much out of pocket.

Maverick10126
09-02-2017, 05:19 PM
This jacket is a lot darker then the regular and black series release from last time. For those of you who were wondering.

Nighthawk
09-05-2017, 03:54 PM
This jacket is a lot darker then the regular and black series release from last time. For those of you who were wondering.

Thanks! Guess I can pass on him them.

DarkManX
09-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Only Han is allowed to wear white shirts

jrice73
09-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Only Han is allowed to wear white shirts

Looks like Finn got Han's white shirt and Poe got Han's grey jacket.

Idpullthecurtain
09-21-2017, 03:36 AM
Han's grey jacket.

Han never wore a grey jacket.

Oddball_Fett
09-25-2017, 09:53 AM
Han never wore a grey jacket.

Same as with his brown Hoth parka, the camera turned everything blue.

We see blue, the jacket itself was stone.

Idpullthecurtain
09-26-2017, 09:25 AM
Same as with his brown Hoth parka, the camera turned everything blue.

We see blue, the jacket itself was stone.

​which jacket are you talking about?

Lance_Quazar
10-07-2017, 10:38 PM
New thread on the FO Disguise Finn and Phasma Two Pack, please!

Julythrunov
10-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Compared to a bright blue, Hans jacket (I believe he's referring to the Bespin ESB jacket) looks gray.

Compared to a muted gray or warm gray, Hans jacket looks Blue.

Color is relative. You have to compare it to something else, either more saturated with blue or less blue.

Hans jacket could best be described as a muted blue, or gray blue.

Giving the color a name like "pumpernickel silver" or "toilet paper brown" isn't useful, those are just names people make up to call a color with cartoon by degrees of color temperature, saturation and value.

Julythrunov
10-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Edit *Varying degrees of (not "cartoon by")